Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Massive Tornado (F5) Hits Oklahoma City...

I've only seen the remnants of an EF5 tornado after the fact once in my life and it was horrific. Winds over 200 mph does mind-boggling damage. Prayers and good thoughts to those of you in Oklahoma.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Going to elementary school in Oklahoma, we had frequent "disaster drills", where all the kids would go into the hallways, and tuck into the crash position against the lockers. (In junior high and high school, we just stood against the lockers.) Those hallways without any windows, and reinforced with lockers, was as good as it got, and probably good enough for anything up to an F3. The F4s and F5s can bend a steel girder. If one of those hits, a shelter isn't going to do much good. And F4s and F5s ARE unusual, even in Tornado Alley.

Elite Member

Much of my extended family is there and I've yet to hear anything from them. Much love and prayers to everyone in OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    Much of my extended family is there and I've yet to hear anything from them. Much love and prayers to everyone in OK.
    they are asking on the news for survivors to register here to let loved ones know they are ok..may want to check it out.. but right now there is a max exodus out of Moore on foot by A LOT of people and it's getting dark soon so it may be a few days before you know

https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php
    SHELLEE and Clubber Lang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    They're saying the phone lines and cel towers are badly overloaded.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

I hope they're ok Clubber.

I'm watching ABC live on the web and haven't heard about the students except for a post saying they were all accounted for. The death toll is up to 37 and expected to climb.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

The Fujita Scale

The Enhanced Fujita Scale

“What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I have a friend that is at KFOR channel 4 (weather chaser always there during storms).. he just texted me and said the whispers around the newsroom are maybe 100+ dead will see in the coming hours.. this is just based on what we know now and past storms.. this is what the weather guys are saying.. i hope he's wrong..

CNN is saying the death toll is up to 51 now, but they didn't specify if that was just OK or all the midwest that got hit. But they;re only reporting 7 children dead at the school. That's still 7 too many.
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    CNN is saying the death toll is up to 51 now, but they didn't specify if that was just OK or all the midwest that got hit. But they;re only reporting 7 children dead at the school. That's still 7 too many.
    ugghh i hope the number of school kids do not go up..

Clubber, I pray your family is safe.
    Princess, very glad your family is ok.And I wouldn't blame you if you kept your child from school until that damn storm front is long gone.I had to stop watching. It's so horrific. I'm praying for Miracles.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

My husband lost a lot of property (A house and half an apartment) in the '99 tornadoes I'm not looking at pictures from this one because I know what I'll see and it will upset me even more

Keeping all of those in OKC today in my thoughts and trying to find the best way to help in this time of need.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Text "90999" and type "Red Cross" to make a $10 donation (added to your phone bill). I just donated.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

AP has some pictures of kids being rescued from the rubble at the school.

Sue Ogrocki

I have no idea why the link shortened to Sue Ogrocki, but its the AP photos.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My sister and her family live down there and my niece actually works in Moore Oklahoma. My nephew lives in Oklahoma and is a storm chaser, which freaks my sister out. They are all okay. My niece works at an electronics store and as soon as they got a tornado watch, the owner closed the store and sent them all home.

Meanwhile my nephew and two other guys were in their armored vehicle chasing that damn tornado and taking pictures.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information