Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing disappears with 239 on board

A*O

I think there's more to this than we are being told. It defies belief that almost a week after a state of the art aircraft seemingly vanished into thin air there still isn't a trace or a plausible explanation about how/why/where/when something happened.

Also, that part of the world has some of the busiest ports and shipping lanes in the world. I often fly around that region and you can see dozens of ships criss crossing the ocean so it's very odd to me that apparently not one of them spotted or heard something, more so at night when any lights, explosions or sounds would be more obvious.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh, but there were some witnesses who said that they have seen a ball of fire where the Chinese thought to have seen debris but appearently they are not true (?!). But yes, I also believe that they know more and just don't want to release the facts for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I'm currently on the 'it's being hidden somewhere to be used in a future terrorist attack' train. Even though I find that theory pretty ridiculous. Stranger things have happened I guess.
    Bloody hell is that a theory? In the theory, what happened to all the poor people on board?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but the most plausible explanation I've heard so far is that it was accidentally shot down by the Malaysian Air Force.
    Laurent likes this.

A*O

It's not funny but that would explain everything!
    Dame Edna Everage

Oops just won't be enough if that happened.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've been wondering if it wasn't shot down by some nation's military, but couldn't wrap my mind around which country. Apparently the US is searching in the Indian Ocean
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Gold Member

If it had been shot down by the Malaysians, wouldn't they have "found" it by now and attempted to cover it up? I would think that this search effort is pretty costly.

I honestly don't think we'll ever know the full story behind what happened to this plane - whether they find debris or not.

And if shot down, wouldn't there be debris somewhere by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Bloody hell is that a theory? In the theory, what happened to all the poor people on board?
    I don't know. Here is a quote that suggests the theory about it being landed somewhere.

The Wall Street Journal reported a new theory on Thursday morning. It claimed that even after manual communication with the plan was lost, automated and routine data transmissions from the plane’s engines to their manufacturer Rolls Royce continued to be received for several hours. If true, that could mean the plane travelled 3,000 kilometres from its last known point. Unfortunately, these transmissions contain only data concerning the engines’ performance – not location. In either case, Malaysian authorities have dismissed the possibility these data transmissions actually occurred. Later Thursday, the WSJ clarified its story to say that the signals were actually onboard systems sending "pings" -- brief transmissions -- which were received by satellites, not engines sending status updates to Rolls Royce.

Expanding this theory leads investigators to consider the possibility that the plane did not crash, but landed safely at an undisclosed location “with the intention of using it later for another purpose,” according to an investigator quoted in the WSJ report.
    What happened to Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370? The leading theories - The Globe and Mail

But I think this idea is pushing it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    And if shot down, wouldn't there be debris somewhere by now?
    That's one of the reasons it's unlikely. Plus, it's virtually unheard of that a military plane would fire on a civilian aircraft without warning outside of a war zone.

I just buy it because the Malaysian government have been very secretive about this. They've already warned the Thai navy out of the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea which is where the plane has likely gone down.

A*O

If the Malaysians shot down a plane from their own national airline they know exactly where the wreckage is but are waiting for it to sink without trace so investigators can't determine it was a military fuck up. Can you imagine the shame and embarrassment from a culture where "loss of face" is the ultimate humiliation? It also explains the seemingly chaotic response and erratic searches - all delaying tactics. The military do seem to be taking a very high profile in all the PR and they would also have the ability to block/turn off transponders or basically not share a any potentially incriminating info. No, as conspiracy theories go this is a doozy.
    Dame Edna Everage

Except most of the search has been water based, it doesn't seem like much attention has been given to land search, but since no one really knows (or aren't saying) what direction they were flying in, who knows where they should be searching.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

A*O

That's my point - if it was shot down the people who fired the missile know exactly where to look but they can't risk their fuck being discovered so they are making the search as vague as possible. They have to be seen to be doing something so they are "busy doing nothing" until the evidence has a chance to literally sink without trace.
    Dame Edna Everage

Is it possible that it would wreck where absolutely no one else would see or where wreckage wouldn't be visible? I mean the military can't control the whole ocean can it? There had to have been a boat or something that would have seen the plane go down. Or wreckage must be visible somewhere and someone would talk.

I guess there is that letter from that one guy who says he saw a ball of fire. Has no one been allowed to check out that area? If yes, then I might start to buy the cover up.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information