Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing disappears with 239 on board

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    At this point, that makes as much sense as anything, WCG.
    A*O, I fly a Boeing about the same age as the 777. If our cabin altitude rises above 12.500 we get an aural warning that does not shut off as well as 3 red lights. I can't imagine the 777 having anything less. Most healthy people should be nowhere near incapacitated at 12,000 feet, even for extended periods of time.
    Exactly. There surely must be alarms/warnings on such a modern aircraft. So maybe it was sudden and explosive decompression which knocked out all comms but then apparently it didn't drop out of the sky and why was it flying in the opposite direction to that on the flight plan and during that time how come nobody was able to send a text, phone all, email, or even a morse SOS for Gods sake?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

From cnn.com:
    Confusion over flight path
    But even figuring out where authorities believe the plane may have gone down has been a difficult and shifting proposition.
    In the immediate aftermath of the plane's disappearance, search and rescue efforts were focused on the Gulf of Thailand, along the expected flight path between Malaysia and Vietnam.
    Over the weekend, authorities suddenly expanded their search to the other side of the Malay Peninsula, in the Straits of Malacca where search efforts now seem to be concentrated.
    That location is hundreds of miles off the plane's expected flight path.
    An explanation appeared to come Tuesday when a senior Malaysian Air Force official told CNN that the Air Force had tracked the plane to a spot near the small island of Palau Perak off Malaysia's west coast in the Straits of Malacca.
    The plane's identifying transponder had stopped sending signals, too, said the official, who declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media.
    Malaysia's civilian administration appeared to dispute the report, however.
    The New York Times quoted a spokesman for the Malaysian prime minister's office as saying Tuesday that military officials had told him there was no evidence the plane had flown back over the Malay Peninsula to the Straits of Malacca.
    The Prime Minister's office didn't immediately return calls from CNN seeking comment Wednesday.
    Then, in another shift, Malaysian authorities said at a news conference Wednesday that radar records reviewed in the wake of the plane's disappearance reveal an unidentified aircraft traveling across the Malay Peninsulaandsome 200 milesinto the Straits of Malacca.
    However, it wasn't clear whether that radar signal represented Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Gen. Rodzali Daud, head of the Malaysian Air Force, said at the news conference.
    Rodzali said Wednesday that officials are still "examining and analyzing all possibilities" when it comes to the plane's flight path.
    Malaysian officials are asking experts from the U.S. Federal Aviation Authority and National Transportation Safety Board to help them analyze the radar data.
    So the news yesterday, that the military saw the plane on their radar was wrong?! I mean, how can there be such a confusion about the infos they give to the press?

A*O

The chaotic Malaysian authorities are either lying through their teeth or giving out deliberately misleading/incomplete information. Not surprised. By trying to avoid looking like fools they are doing exactly that. I think there's a huge amount of tension between the civil and military people who are vying with each other for a "scoop" or wanting to appear to be in charge. It wouldn't surprise me if there have been some vital clues or info overlooked amid all the confusion and dud info.
    Dame Edna Everage

Gold Member

Now they're saying Chinese satellites may have found a crash site. I hope it's true and not something else. These families need closure.

Satellite eyeing missing Malaysia flight detects 'suspected crash area' - CNN.com

And the debris is right along the plane's planned flight path.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I think that the spot is almost exactly where the oil rigger said he saw the crash:

I can't seem to find any articles about this, but the maps where they're identifying the debris from the Chinese satellites and this guys coordinates are almost the same. I thought the flight path was over Vietnam, so the crash would have been quite a bit east of the original flight path.
    Shinola and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

So according cnn "The images were captured on March 9 -- which was the day after the plane went missing -- but weren't released until Wednesday." Why weren't they released earlier so that they could have looked for it already on Sunday?

A*O

At last we have what seems a credible, accurate witness report. Has he only just come forward 5 days after the event or have the buffoons organising the search ignored it or not acted? Whatever the outcome the whole thing has been handled very badly by almost everyone involved. Heads should roll but they will probably get another medal instead.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

I hope it was so quick they never knew what happened. God rest their souls.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    At last we have what seems a credible, accurate witness report. Has he only just come forward 5 days after the event or have the buffoons organising the search ignored it or not acted? Whatever the outcome the whole thing has been handled very badly by almost everyone involved. Heads should roll but they will probably get another medal instead.
    The first paragraph of his email says he tried to contact Malaysian officials and hasn't heard anything back. What a joke.

Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Aviation experts believe the aircraft flew for a total of five hours, using data that was automatically sent to the ground from the plane's engines.
    So it could be everywhere....

or it could be hijacked.
    No Cookies | Herald Sun

With the lack of evidence so far, I vote for Scotty beaming it somewhere. What you got that's better?
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^That's the thing, this theory is as possible as everything else....six days after the plane just got "lost".
    sprynkles likes this.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information