Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing disappears with 239 on board

Ah. The old Malaysia is lying and so are the French,Chinese and other countries satellites reporting pings,right down to the last half-ping. I see. All other 777's were accounted for,the lone plane was pinging.
    Couldn't have happened. I really don't think. Now,the Aussies were closer and might have had a go,I just doubt it!
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The Malaysians when they saw the plane heading back towards KL. The rest is a wild goose chase while the real wreckage/evidence is scooped up and hidden. Nobody can ever know about this, hence all the BS.
    My only question about that theory is whether you think other countries are involved in the cover-up? It wasn't like they had very long to clean up the mess before other countries started looking, so would the Malaysian military even have had time to get all the evidence? Even when they know the general area of a crash it can takes months or even years to collect everything, so would it really be possible to hide it this well? Unless it was shot down in a place no one has searched, I tend to think something would still be floating around. On the other hand, Malaysia could have come clean to the others countries involved and now everyone's playing dumb. Not sure why they'd play along, but I guess it's possible.

My gut tells me that they aren't trying to conceal anything nefarious, just blatant incompetence. I honestly believe they are running to the media with every goddamn hunch just to make it look like they have some ideas. I don't think anybody knows where this plane is and if it's located, it will only be by sheer dumb luck. IMO, they dropped the ball the night it disappeared and they have been struggling to play catch up ever since. Seems like nobody noticed this plane wasn't where it was supposed to be for quite a while, and so anything could have happened to it (but probably didn't). IMO, it crashed due to some catastrophic event on-board (whether it was a mechanical error or murder-suicide I am not sure) and no one survived. At this point, I just hope they at least find a suitcase or boarding pass somewhere soon so these families can stop believing in a fantasy and accept what we all know is true. They may never get a why, but they deserve a what. And what happened, IMO, is everyone died on March 8th.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

A*O

Agree. My Shot Down Theory does have a few holes in it, but so do all the others. It could be that the other countries are complicit as this would be a situation they all dread (there, but for the grace of God, go we, etc) but a coverup would certainly involve a huge number of people.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't know about the 'finally' part. i mean, didn't it take them 2 years to find what was left of that air france flight that disappeared in the atlantic between brazil and france?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Yup, and it took over 70 years to find the Titanic. Boat or plane, nothing is predictable. Let's see what their 'finally' means. They are jumping ahead for sure.
    When they thought they found it before, and showed it on satellite, my guy and I knew it was nothing. It sure was nothing.
    Debris from AF 447 was spotted the very next day and bodies and wreckage were being recovered within 5 days. It took two years to recover the black box, which confirmed the theory the investigators originally made thanks to the plane's ACARS.
    Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Shinola likes this.

^^ Beat me to it. This disappearance seems more similar to what happened to Amelia Earhart, though obviously not quite as legendary. But in the "vanished without a trace" kind of way. A few of the families have made statements that they just want "irrefutable evidence" of an accident, which there was in the aforementioned situations. They knew the Titanic sank and that the Air France flight crashed; they just didn't know the specific details about the cause in 447's case. Even though it's pretty obvious that the plane is gone and there were no survivors, it's not certain until they locate a debris field or some piece of wreckage.

My fear is that the families may not be satisfied with what will end up qualifying as "irrefutable evidence" after this long. Many of the bodies may never be recovered, if they find any at all. But at this point, any small material from that plane would seem like enough for confirmation. That's what I think this whole situation is hinging on. Finding the black boxes or the majority of the wreckage may take years or never happen, but anything to conclusively prove that the plane went down would at least let the families start healing. I know a lot of people feel that their expectations are too high, but I don't get the sense that they are asking for an immediate explanation - just definitive proof that the plane did indeed crash. As of now, there is not one scrap of physical proof of that.

Also, has anyone heard anything about the critism Malaysia is facing for their report on the crash? Apparently the analysts who provided the data said a crash in the Indian Ocean seemed "most likely" and they switched the language in the announcement to "beyond a reasonable doubt." Kinda feels like they just want to wrap it up already and jumped the gun on the most promising lead. I don't doubt it's the likeliest explanation, but it still seems a bit premature to report as fact. I also read some of the families were informed by text message, which I found pretty cold.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Dude. I like to read almost everything but I gotta tell you I glaze over your consistent walls of text.
    Janus likes this.

So, nothing yet?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

A*O

Despite several satellites allegedly spotting "hundreds" of objects, presumably with pinpoint accuracy, the search area has now been shifted 1000km NE - that's one THOUSAND - and the images were taken at least 48 hours ago. Why the delay? This is such bollox.

Objects don't drift 1000km in a couple of days, even in bad weather. And nobody has actually laid eyes on any of this stuff yet, let alone confirm it's a plane debris rather than ordinary sea junk.

Also, these blurry satellite pics are bollox too. Look at Google Earth and the incredible detail of those satellite pics. Same technology.
    Last edited by A*O; March 28th, 2014 at 01:33 AM.
    BelledeJour and Janus like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah I was talking to someone about this yesterday and they were like "well they found the plane. mystery solved," and I raised some of the same points you did. They haven't found anything yet.

In one of the articles above it said the US is on its way with some equipment (I think for deep sea scanning or something) and they said the US would be there before April 8 (or some date, don't quote me and I"m too lazy to go look). But it seemed ridiculous that it would take us over a week to get there. Are we traveling by steam boat?

mjw
    Elite Member

(CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 6:50 a.m.]

A New Zealand air force P-3 patrol plane has spotted "objects" in the new Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 search area, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said Friday. The plane is returning to Perth and the agency is awaiting images of the discovery for analysis.

New Zealand air force plane spots objects in new search area - CNN.com

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    . I also read some of the families were informed by text message, which I found pretty cold.
    not all families were in the country.
    "Malaysia Airlines did not only send an SMS.
    The message was conveyed to all families face to face by our top management at the hotels.
    SMS and phone calls were made to those who are not in the hotels via our family support centre.
    We wanted to ensure that families are informed via all channels.
    – MALAYSIA AIRLINES STATEMENT"
    http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-...y-send-an-sms/

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    (CNN) -- [Breaking news update at 6:50 a.m.]

A New Zealand air force P-3 patrol plane has spotted "objects" in the new Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 search area, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said Friday. The plane is returning to Perth and the agency is awaiting images of the discovery for analysis.

New Zealand air force plane spots objects in new search area - CNN.com

To quote CNN: "So many sightings but nothing to see."

Also, since today they shift the search area to the north because now (!) they found out that the plane was flying faster than they thought which means that they ran out of fuel earlier.....
    If there weren't almost 300 people involved, this whole situation could be seen as "funny"....

I'm starting to hear the Benny Hill theme song whenever I imagine the investigators scrambling around.

Can they just shut up about all the debris they keep discovering and only talk again when they have something concrete in their hands? I mean, wtf, is it too much to ask?
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

yanna - they're not looking for concrete.

twitchy2.0, A*O, sputnik and 1 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information