Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing disappears with 239 on board

It's hard for me to believe anything right now. You have to wade through all of the bullshit and misinformation. I feel terribly for the passengers, the crew and their families. I keep thinking that these pilots may have been doing whatever they could to save the lives on that plane and people think they may have been monsters. Of course, we don't know what happened but I do feel bad.

^^i agree. Now it just seems lime they're saying that's where the plane crashed because they need to wrap this up and provide some sort of answer.
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by missbazilb View Post
    ^^i agree. Now it just seems lime they're saying that's where the plane crashed because they need to wrap this up and provide some sort of answer.
    Yes, it seems like they want to get closure. Don't know if they will find any wreckage

Brooke Baldwin on CNN has some fucked up eyebrows.

newest hoax. one of the passengers posted on some site about being a hostage (and hiding his phone in his ass).

/pol/ - Politically Incorrect » Thread #27834494 <---original post the last post has interesting links with where the message came from. and apparently that airport was shut down for 72 hours at the time the plane disappeared. i'm thinking it's all done by the same person doing fake things.

the hoaxster posted from an area where they could have been taken if hijacked. got a lot of people believing it. smh

conspiracy boards going nuts. i just posted this as something different. i don't believe it. just pisses me off to get people's hopes up.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Flight MH370 debris possibly located in Indian Ocean by French satellite | Mail Online

Have they FINALLY found flight MH370? French satellite spots 122 objects up to 75ft long in Indian Ocean that appear to be debris from doomed airliner

• Images were captured on March 23 and show debris 1,550 miles from Perth
    • Potential debris field measures 155 square miles (400 square kilometres)
    • Locator beacon for black box will only last until around April 8
    • U.S black box detector won't reach search area until April 5
    • It follows reports the doomed flight climbed to 43,000ft moments before disappearing from radar

By Ted Thornhill and Richard Shears
    PUBLISHED: 05:30 EST, 26 March 2014 | UPDATED: 12:00 EST, 26 March 2014

New satellite images have revealed 122 objects in the southern Indian Ocean that could be debris from the Malaysian jetliner missing since March 8 with 239 people on board, Malaysia's acting transport minister said.

The find has dramatically narrowed the search zone, with the debris spotted across an area measuring just 155 square miles (400 square kilometres).
    In the past few days the search area has measured around 622,000 square miles - six times the size of the UK. On Wednesday around 31,000 square miles has been scoured.

+18

Debris field: The satellite has found objects in a 155 square-mile area
    +18

Homing in: This graphic released by the Malaysian Remote Sensing Agency on Wednesday shows the approximate position of objects seen floating in the southern Indian Ocean in the search zone for MH370
    +18

How events unfolded: The plane went missing on March 8, with a British satellite firm tracking its last known location to an area in the Indian Ocean that's 622,000 square miles

+18

Breakthrough: Malaysia's Defense Minister and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein shows a printout of the latest satellite image of objects that might be from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane
    +18

Monitored: Malaysian Lieutenant General Ackbal Samad shows a map showing possible track of Malaysia Airlines MH370 to relatives of passengers aboard the missing plane

Hishammuddin Hussein told a news conference that the images were captured by France-based Airbus Defence and Space on March 23.
    They are the fourth set of satellite images to show potential debris from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in a remote part of the Indian Ocean roughly 2,500 km (1,550 miles) south west of Perth.
    The objects are believed to be solid and range from one metre to 23 metres (three to 75 feet) long.

It is understood some pieces of debris are 'bright' but authorities have not confirmed whether they are from missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.
    Flight MH370 vanished from civilian radar screens less than an hour after taking off from Kuala Lumpur bound for Beijing, and investigators believe someone on the flight may have shut off the plane's communications systems.
    Partial military radar tracking showed it turning west and recrossing the Malay Peninsula, apparently under the control of a skilled pilot.
    Malaysia's air force has released few details of its radar tracking beyond saying the plane was last detected off the northwest coast heading towards India.
    But the country's deputy defence minister, Abdul Rahim Bakri, told parliament that no action was taken when the unidentified plane was spotted because it was assumed it had been ordered to turn back, local media said.

+18

Explanations: Lt. Gen. Samad answers a question from relatives of Chinese passengers on board MH370

+18

Statement: A representative of relatives of Chinese passengers on board Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, center, makes an announcement to journalists prior to a briefing with Malaysian officials at a hotel in Beijing on Wednesday

+18

Focus of air and sea assets: A map of the areas already searched and the planned search areas in the Indian Ocean, west of Perth, on Wednesday

+18

Challenging task: The search areas are in one of the most remote areas on earth and in seas renowned for being extremely rough

'It was detected by our radar, but the turn back was by a non-hostile plane and we thought maybe it was at the directive of the control tower,' he was quoted as saying.
    Asked at the news conference whether air force radar operators thought the plane had been told to turn back by air traffic controllers, Hishammuddin, who is also defence minister, said he could not confirm it.
    A dozen aircraft from Australia, the United States, New Zealand, China, Japan and South Korea were once more scouring the seas southwest of Perth in the hunt for wreckage on Wednesday, after bad weather the previous day forced the suspension of the search.

But the area is renowned among mariners for high winds and big waves and the good weather is unlikely to last.

‘This is only going to be a narrow window of opportunity by the looks of things, because another weather system is moving in for Thursday, which looks like that will bring an increase in winds again and also lead to a reduction in visibility through the rain associated with the cold front,’ Neil Bennett, a spokesman for Australia's Bureau of Meteorology, told Reuters.
    Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak this week confirmed Flight MH370 had crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

+18

Intense search: The Commanding Officer of the Royal Australian Navy ship HMAS Success, Captain Allison Norris, on the bridge during the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight
    Citing satellite-data analysis by British company Inmarsat , he said there was no doubt the Boeing 777 came down in one of the most remote places on Earth.
    Recovery of wreckage could unlock clues about why and how the plane had diverted so far off course in one of aviation's most puzzling mysteries. Theories range from a hijacking to sabotage or a possible suicide by one of the pilots, but investigators have not ruled out technical problems.
    Australia, China and France have all released satellite images over the past week showing possible debris in the same general area as the latest sighting, but no confirmed wreckage has been located.
    An Australian navy ship returned to the area after being driven away by gale force winds and 20-metre (66ft) waves on Tuesday, while a Chinese icebreaker and three Chinese navy vessels were also in the search zone.
    Two Chinese ships were looking for a two-metre floating object spotted earlier in the day by an aircraft, China's state news agency Xinhua reported.
    The United States has sent an undersea Navy drone and a high-tech black box detector which will be fitted to Australia's naval ship Ocean Shield in the coming days.
    The so-called black boxes - the cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder - record what happens during flight, but time is running out to pick up locator beacons that stop about a month after a crash due to limited battery life.

+18

Scouring the ocean: Royal Australian Air Force airborne electronics analyst Sergeant Samuel Carson uses the advanced camera systems on board an AP-C3 Orion aircraft to search for evidence of MH370
    Malaysia said on Tuesday that the U.S. Towed Pinger Locator would not arrive in the search area until April 5, which would give it only a few days to find the black box before the beacon battery would be expected to run out.

Meanwhile, the pilot of MH370 was distraught over his wife’s decision to move out of their family home and could have taken the plane for a ‘last joyride’ before it crashed, according to a long-time friend of the pilot.
    The friend, also a pilot, said Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah had been left rattled by his family problems, and didn’t appear to be in the right state of mind to be flying. He warned that it was ‘very possible that neither the passengers nor the other crew on-board knew what was happening until it was too late’.
    ‘He's one of the finest pilots around and I'm no medical expert, but with all that was happening in his life Zaharie was probably in no state of mind to be flying,’ he told the NZ Herald on the condition of anonymity.
    While his professional record appeared impeccable, Captain Zaharie's long-time friend said the pilot's personal life was in turmoil. He said his friend's relationships were breaking down, and while Zaharie was involved with another woman he was still devastated at his wife's decision to move out of their family home.

He said the troubled pilot could have seen MH370 as an opportunity to try high-risk maneuvers he'd perfected on his beloved flight simulator.

These shocking new claims follow reports that flight MH370 climbed to between 43,000 and 45,000ft shortly after the last voice communication from the cockpit of the plane.

+18

'Last joyride': A close friend says Captain Zaharie was upset over the breakdown of his marriage, and wasn't in the right frame of mind to fly

+18

Virtual reality: A close friend of Captain Zaharie says the pilot might have seen MH370 as a chance to try things he'd only previously been able to try on his simulator

An aviation industry source, who wished to remain anonymous, told MailOnline: 'It was tracked flying at this altitude for 23 minutes before descending. Oxygen would have run out in 12 minutes [in a depressurised cabin], rendering the passengers unconscious.'
    The 777-200ER Boeing aircraft used on the ill-fated flight has a maximum service ceiling of 43,000 feet and can very probably fly safely at even greater heights, one expert said.

But at this altitude, where the atmosphere drastically thins, it would take mere minutes if not seconds for hypoxia - a lack of oxygen - to set in if the cabin was manually depressurised by one of the pilots, as seen in the below video of a high-altitude experiment.
    Oxygen masks would have dropped down, but these only supply between five and 10 minutes of air.

Central Queensland University's head of aviation, Ron Bishop, told MailOnline that a drop in cabin pressure that had knocked out passengers and crew would mean the plane would fly on unmanned until eventually running out of fuel and crashing into ocean.

‘You’d just slowly pass out. But it would have no effect on the plane at all,’ he said.

‘The plane would just keep going until it eventually ran out of fuel.

‘That would explain it all. That plane flew on a very long time, all the way from South East Asia to near the west coast of Australia.’

+18

The search continues: Crews aboard HMAS Success had again reached the debris field today

But at this altitude, where the atmosphere drastically thins, it would take mere minutes if not seconds for hypoxia - a lack of oxygen - to set in if the cabin was manually depressurised by one of the pilots, as seen in the below video of a high-altitude experiment.
    Oxygen masks would have dropped down, but these only supply between five and 10 minutes of air.

Central Queensland University's head of aviation, Ron Bishop, told MailOnline that a drop in cabin pressure that had knocked out passengers and crew would mean the plane would fly on unmanned until eventually running out of fuel and crashing into ocean.

‘You’d just slowly pass out. But it would have no effect on the plane at all,’ he said.

‘The plane would just keep going until it eventually ran out of fuel.

‘That would explain it all. That plane flew on a very long time, all the way from South East Asia to near the west coast of Australia.’

+18

The search continues: Crews aboard HMAS Success had again reached the debris field today

Flight MH370 debris possibly located in Indian Ocean by French satellite | Mail Online

i don't know about the 'finally' part. i mean, didn't it take them 2 years to find what was left of that air france flight that disappeared in the atlantic between brazil and france?
    McJag and arie_skop like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hm. So if the pilot committed murder/suicide, he could have "kindly" rendered everyone unconscious so their deaths would not involve sheer terror? Or so they would not impede his plan? The thing is, murder/suicide is so rare ... And it is hard to imagine this man developing the mindset to take lives other than his own.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

A*O

While I understand the grief and frustration of the bereaved families the hysteria and 'shock' that their loved ones are dead seems a bit OTT. It was pretty obvious that something really bad happened from the start and it was safe to assume they were dead. Chinese families in particular seem to think they are the only ones affected and the Malaysian PM had to remind them that there were several other nationalities on board. If the debris is indeed from MH370 then they still dont know where the main wreckage would be after almost 3 weeks floating around in strong ocean currents. And I'm very sorry but the chances of recovering any bodies - or any remains at all - by now are practically zero.
    arie_skop likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't know about the 'finally' part. i mean, didn't it take them 2 years to find what was left of that air france flight that disappeared in the atlantic between brazil and france?
    Yup, and it took over 70 years to find the Titanic. Boat or plane, nothing is predictable. Let's see what their 'finally' means. They are jumping ahead for sure.
    When they thought they found it before, and showed it on satellite, my guy and I knew it was nothing. It sure was nothing.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

I totally have my tin foil hat on when it comes to this. So there is still no physical proof of debris? (I didnt read the above story, I'm going off my local news report)

That being said, all the misinformation, leads me to think think they are jumping to conclusions to cover their asses after all the bad reports. I think there is way more to this than what is being reported.

I equate this to the oil spill from a few years ago when we all watched oil being leaked into the ocean for what, 45+ days?, and then a month later it was all cleaned up miraculously...

lol, I sound like a conspiracy theorist, which I am totally not, but I call bull shit.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

What my anal retentive mind is obsessing over is how did that zig zag happen over the Strait of Malacca (between points two and three on the image)? To me it looks like someone had the presence of mind to pilot or program the plane to get out into the Indian Ocean while avoiding flying over Indonesia, and then on top of that turn the plane again so that it would not be headed northwest to India, rather it would be headed south to the open ocean. Also the comment point two says that communication was turned off before the plane made the left turn, I don't know what to make of that. Is it even true or misinformation?

As of now I think that something deliberate happened, but the question is was it a psychotic or fanatical suicide mission, or was it that the pilot(s) knew the plane was doomed and set the plane on a course that avoided people on the ground getting hurt.

A*O

Everyone I've spoken to agrees that we are being treated like mushrooms on this - kept in the dark and fed on shit. If the plane is thousands of feet down in the hostile Southern Ocean I highly doubt they will be able to recover much, if anything, so we'll probably never know what happened. Maybe that's deliberate because I still think it was shot down and the rest is coverup.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Everyone I've spoken to agrees that we are being treated like mushrooms on this - kept in the dark and fed on shit. If the plane is thousands of feet down in the hostile Southern Ocean I highly doubt they will be able to recover much, if anything, so we'll probably never know what happened. Maybe that's deliberate because I still think it was shot down and the rest is coverup.
    But A*O, it would be highly unusual for the Australian airforce to do such a thing. Not impossible,I guess.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Not the Aussie airforce, silly! The Malaysians when they saw the plane heading back towards KL. The rest is a wild goose chase while the real wreckage/evidence is scooped up and hidden. Nobody can ever know about this, hence all the BS.
    Dame Edna Everage

Thread Information