Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing disappears with 239 on board

MmeVertigina likes this.

They went to the press conference in the middle of our local news and the header said "Hijacked". Now, they've just changed it to Mystery of Flight 370 press conference. No mention of "hijack"yet.

A*O

The Malaysian PM press conf carefully said "someone on board" diverted the plane so it could be the pilot(s). This may be true but how/why is there no trace of transponder comms. A trained person would know how to turn some of them off but some can't be manually disabled. Even if if crashed there would still be "blips".

I still vote there's some important info we aren't being told.

Edit: How about this scenario. The plane was hijacked and landed at some obscure airstrip but the authorities know where. Passengers are being held hostage on the plane to prevent it being attacked either on the ground or in the air. Whoever has it plans a 9/11 type attack which we aren't being told to avoid panic. Unless the good guys can somehow board the plane and disable it without hurting anyone they can't risk 200+ lives to stop it taking off again for God knows where. No wonder the authorities aren't telling us.
    Last edited by A*O; March 15th, 2014 at 03:34 AM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

That thought crossed my mind too A*O but I thought it was a bit far fetched to be honest. If the plane takes off again and heads towards a city or something it'll be taken down by the military, the loss of 200 lives is unfortunately more bearable than thousands if it were to be another 9/11.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I was also thinking about that scenario - but would they have enough food for more than 200 people? So many of them might be already dead.

Or it got shot down by mistake and now the governmnent tries to cover it up?

Edit: This might be false information (again!) but mirror.co.uk just posted this:
    "Malaysian officials are said to have told journalists they believe the most likely location for MH370 is on land, near the border of China and Kyrgyzstan border."
    Last edited by BelledeJour; March 15th, 2014 at 05:58 AM.

A*O

It could be parked in a "sympathetic" country so keeping pax fed (and hidden) wouldn't be a problem. I think there are frantic negotiations going on behind the scenes although I can't imagine what the hijackers might actually want unless it's the usual "death to the infidel" crap.

Oh hell I don't know.
    Dame Edna Everage

Have you seen this? snopes.com: Malaysia Air 370 Patent Conspiracy

Sounds a bit like a Knots Landing plot but still, it's as viable a theory as any at this stage
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Seems it was deliberate. One expert here in answering the could the plane be hidden and passengers alive said pretty much not a chance,that it was down at sea.
    The pilot seems totally stable. The copilot sounds flakey but only when it comes to blondes. Now they are focusing on passengers who can fly. Our NBC news is saying that this has become a police investigation so a lot of actual info is being held back.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Seems like hijacking and (I think that it was A*O who said) shot down by Malaysian military. An unidentified plane that was not communicating flew over or near 2 military bases. It actually would be somewhat reasonable that they shot it down - very sad, but reasonable.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

New theory: plane is hijacked by a passenger or taken over completely by one of the pilots. It heads for Chinese airspace trying to land it to start a hostage situation but is shot down by Chinese military, who then try to make Malaysian officials seem as incompetent as possible to try and make the incident look like an accidental crash.
    BelledeJour likes this.

I'm voting for accident combined with a crapload of misinformation.
    BelledeJour and *DIVA! like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm voting for accident combined with a crapload of misinformation.
    Yep, and I might add on purpose to save face why the plane was in a crappy condition...

A*O

In think it's now pretty certain that based on fragments of satellite signals the plane turned around and was heading west or northwest from Malaysia towards India, not China, and continued flying for several hours. Someone who knew how (deliberately or under duress) turned off the transponders when the plane was in "no mans land" passing from Malaysian to Vietnamese airspace/ATC so sudden loss of comms wasn't unusual giving it time to radically change course without raising undue alarm.

Despite the interesting theories common sense dictates that the plane eventually crashed, possibly shot down in which case we won't be told because it would mean admitting they've known all along what really happened.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Edit: How about this scenario. The plane was hijacked and landed at some obscure airstrip but the authorities know where. Passengers are being held hostage on the plane to prevent it being attacked either on the ground or in the air. Whoever has it plans a 9/11 type attack which we aren't being told to avoid panic. Unless the good guys can somehow board the plane and disable it without hurting anyone they can't risk 200+ lives to stop it taking off again for God knows where. No wonder the authorities aren't telling us.
    Does John McClane or Jack Bauer come with guns ablazin' to save the day, cuz that would be awesome!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    In think it's now pretty certain that based on fragments of satellite signals the plane turned around and was heading west or northwest from Malaysia towards India, not China, and continued flying for several hours. Someone who knew how (deliberately or under duress) turned off the transponders when the plane was in "no mans land" passing from Malaysian to Vietnamese airspace/ATC so sudden loss of comms wasn't unusual giving it time to radically change course without raising undue alarm.

Despite the interesting theories common sense dictates that the plane eventually crashed, possibly shot down in which case we won't be told because it would mean admitting they've known all along what really happened.
    Yea and they waited to turn off comm until they were leaving Malaysia air traffic control and should have been handed over to Vietnam.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information