Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing disappears with 239 on board

*Adjusts tinfoil hat*
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I don't believe there is a cover up. The story about the Rolls Royce engine pings is untrue according to Rolls Royce. But there were radar pings for a few hours after the last contact. Last I heard they are back to believing the plane did turn back and kept flying. They had a guy on the news tonight who showed how easy it is to disengage the tracking and that there is nothing that could accidentally disengage the tracking and then cause the plane to turn back. I believe someone took over the plane or one of the crew cracked.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm surprised that Obama hasn't been blamed yet.
    sluce and ikmccall like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I don't believe there is a cover up. The story about the Rolls Royce engine pings is untrue according to Rolls Royce. .
    Is nobody verifying their sources? That really makes me angry. It's one thing for us to speculate, but for the Wall Street Journal to just take a story and run with it is not acceptable.

Another day, another theory: the plane has landed in the Andaman Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
    That's one of the reasons it's unlikely. Plus, it's virtually unheard of that a military plane would fire on a civilian aircraft without warning outside of a war zone.

I just buy it because the Malaysian government have been very secretive about this. They've already warned the Thai navy out of the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea which is where the plane has likely gone down.
    The Itavia Flight 870 got shot down by the military in 1980 and I don't think there was any warning...

I'm starting to lean towards hijack or pilot action for a few reasons...if the plane veered sharply off course (potentially because of some cataclysmic on board event), wouldn't it have flown in circles? How did it then straighten out in some other direction. By the same token, the transponder has so many redundancies (including back up battery) that it must have been manually turned off. That leaves the open question about passenger phone calls or texts, I fly a lot (and not over oceans between multiple countries) and when I have forgotten to turn off my phone I don't usually have any service unless I pay to connect to the on board wifi. Even still, it would seem that the flight attendants would have some ability to notify the pilots if hijackers incapacitated the cabin before the cockpit. I don't know, there's usually some theory that ties it all together, but this whole thing is a little too hollywood movie and there are just leaps of logic that I can't make.
    sluce, levitt and BelledeJour like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

A*O

Another day, another theory. I believe we can't make sense of this because we aren't being given all the facts for some reason. So that triggers even more theories.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm surprised that Obama hasn't been blamed yet.
    Hannity: Missing Malaysian Jet Obama's Fault

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    Is nobody verifying their sources? That really makes me angry. It's one thing for us to speculate, but for the Wall Street Journal to just take a story and run with it is not acceptable.
    The WSJ is just a Murdoch rag now.
    Brookie and Flygirl like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thanks,WCG. I didn't realize that.

Ha! Finally caught up on this thread and then saw this:

ABC 7 Chicago
    BREAKING NEWS: KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Malaysian official says investigators conclude missing jet was hijacked, steered off-course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Ha! Finally caught up on this thread and then saw this:

ABC 7 Chicago
    BREAKING NEWS: KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Malaysian official says investigators conclude missing jet was hijacked, steered off-course.
    Oh wow. Going to the ABC page.

ETA
    KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- A Malaysian government official says investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.
    The official, who is involved in the investigation, says no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.
    Related Content

STORY: Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
    STORY: Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
    STORY: Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
    VIDEO: Oil slicks not linked to missing jet
    STORY: Search widens for missing Malaysian jet

The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory. "It is conclusive."
    The Boeing 777's communication with the ground was severed under one hour into a flight March 8 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Malaysian officials have said radar data suggest it may have turned back and crossed back over the Malaysian peninsula westward, after setting out toward the Chinese capital.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...ews&id=9466141

Yeah but that's Malaysian officials saying; who's corroborating that independently?

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the oxygen in the cabin and prevent the oxygen masks from popping down? Not sure how that works. Does the person piloting the plane have a separate system for getting oxygen?

I was really hoping a hijacking wasn't behind this. The early theory of rapid decompression seemed like the most hopeful idea. I know I read that Malaysian authorities spotted the plane on their radar at 45, 000 feet (which is apparently above the recommended altitude for aircraft) and then saw it quickly plummet down to 23, 000. From what I've read at 45, 000 feet, if there was a sudden drop in pressure, the pilot's TUC (time of useful consciousness) would be less than ten seconds. Not sure how long it would take to render everyone fully unconscious, but I imagine it'd be pretty quick. I was hoping it was instantaneous and they felt relatively little fear. A hijacking is just more tragedy on top of everything. Those poor people.

What worries me now is that they may never find the wreckage or locate the voice recording systems. Without any evidence, it seems inevitable that assumptions will be made about the passengers who were flying on stolen passports. If there was a hijacking, we can't know for sure who was responsible and I really hope the families of those passengers don't have to face the wrath of an entire world without hard proof.

ETA: I think it's wise to take everything with a grain of salt at this point. I mentioned a report from Malaysian officials, but I don't assume it translates into fact. If and until they find the plane, I don't think we can ever know what happened.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information