Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Kimberly & Craig Fugate, Parents of Surprise Quads: 'Taking It One Day at a Time'

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    The only complicated spelling Kenleigh is it not? I mean the actual spelling is Kaleidh but Kayleigh is as common as Kristen or Kelsey.
    Sorry, I wasn't totally clear. I probably should have put "needlessly complicated (where applicable.)" Kristen and Kelsey are fine; it's the other two that bother me. Kayleigh isn't as bad as Kenleigh, but I still think it's unnecessary. I usually see it spelled Kaylee, though I hate it in all forms. The spelling you mentioned is kind of pretty, actually, but I'm not familiar with it. I just hate when people use the long form of "leigh," unless the name is actually Leigh. Like Ashleigh or Hayleigh. Drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Seriously, your daughter's name is Kelcey and you're mocking them for using Kelsey?
    No, sorry. See above. It's not the spelling I find kitschy; it's naming kids (especially twins or multiples) using the same first letter. It's gimmicky to me. I actually have no preference on the spelling of Kelsey; the hubs felt the C looked more professional (let's face it, neither is going to become president). I only used my daughter's version because I was referencing her and it felt weird spelling it wrong, like someone I know might see it one day and think I don't know how to spell my kid's name (clearly I only worry about the really major concerns for the future). I was really opining one of my names being used in a trendy way. Like Emma or Abigail or Hannah (which along with Claire is one of the names I half-wish I had another daughter for), I hate seeing perfectly fine names becoming a fad. A girl I know named her first daughter Haley, which was fine on it's own, but then she followed it up with Madison and Mackenzie. I suppose Kristen is pretty standard, but maybe they figured Kylie and Kendall were too obvious. It'd be one thing if the kids were Kimberly, Katie, Kristen, and Kelsey. But Kenleigh and Kayleigh... *sighs* They couldn't have used Kayston or Kendra or something?

I'm such a snob.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Why did they have to use my name?!? Wahhhhh.

I only whine when it's necessary. Like when strangers use my super secret names on their kids with no consideration for my feelings. Or Starbucks fucks up my order. I moonlight as a toddler on the internet.

Also, I secretly regret my child's name and feel an irrational compulsion to discredit anyone using it in a puerile way. I kinda think she's going to grow up to be a cheerleader. Professionally.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

^^No, I meant they used my actual name for one of their kids
    manningmsj and Flygirl like this.

To be blunt, Kelsey looks better than Kelcey to me. But I may be thinking of Kelsey Grammer.

And I don't see anything wrong with Kayleigh. Spelling is pretty standard, I think. I mostly know it from this song which I love:

What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Kayston?

That belongs here: http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/par...69-186571.html

Along with half the K names mentioned here.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    The mum's face is actually quite young looking
    What???

Shinola and emkat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    (let's face it, neither is going to become president).
    not to be a bitch mom ... It's just ... When I was about three, my mom explained to me that I could be president someday, and I think looking back that she meant it. And her believing that made me feel good about myself. I remember it very well.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

^^^

And it isn't it a bit disappointing for you now to be grown up and not be president?

No, what I meant was the spelling. Neither variation of the name Kelsey sounds especially presidential. While I may joke about about my kids' intellects (and hope they don't grow up to read them), I assure you they are all very much encouraged and motivated.

Mostly in the hopes that maybe they can skip a grade or two on their way to moving the hell out.
    Flygirl likes this.

There is nothing wrong with Kelcey or Kelsey (unless you're talking about Kelsey Grammar.....then there's all kinds of wrong)
    manningmsj and twitchy2.0 like this.

We have a set of natural triplets in our neighborhood. Boy were they surprised at the first ultrasound. They have an older boy and decided to try for one more...now they are a family of six. At least they had lots of time to prepare...
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^^

And it isn't it a bit disappointing for you now to be grown up and not be president?.
    Uh no. Not any more than the fading of my early wish to be a fireman. What mattered to me was that my mother believed I could do things that I did not.

But to each one's own.
    witchcurlgirl likes this.

^^^ Like I said, I really was referring to the name Kelsey not being presidential-sounding, not my own daughter's chances of becoming president. I was explaining how my husband felt one spelling of the name sounded more professional than the other, while I think neither sounds very magisterial. It was more of a joke on him; since he had already chosen the name Kelsey, which is sort of pretty and light, why worry if the spelling is fit for an executive? Changing the S into a C isn't going to make Kelsey less girly.

But anyway, I genuinely think the world of my kids. I apologize if my (admittedly) crass humor offended you, but I wasn't implying anything about my own child's intelligence. Except the cheerleader comment, which was only half-serious. She is an oddly perky child. In any case, I think she's brilliant. I try to keep the gushing in moderation on here, but I still save all their artwork and have to remind myself on a pretty regular basis that as their mother, it is impossible to objectively declare them geniuses. Even if.

Again, sorry if I set off your "bad mom" radar! I really wasn't serious.
    Flygirl and Shinola like this.

^^^ Like I said, I really was referring to the name Kelsey not being presidential-sounding, not my own daughter's chances of becoming president. I was explaining how my husband felt one spelling of the name sounded more professional than the other, while I think neither sounds very magisterial. It was more of a joke on him; since he had already chosen the name Kelsey, which is sort of pretty and light, why worry if the spelling is fit for an executive? Changing the S into a C isn't going to make Kelsey less girly.

But anyway, I genuinely think the world of my kids. I apologize if my (admittedly) crass humor offended you, but I wasn't implying anything about my own child's intelligence. Except the cheerleader comment, which was only half-serious. She is an oddly perky child. In any case, I think she's brilliant. I try to keep the gushing in moderation on here, but I still save all their artwork and have to remind myself on a pretty regular basis that as their mother, it is impossible to objectively declare them geniuses. Even if.

Again, sorry if I set off your "bad mom" radar! I really wasn't serious.
    Eh I'm sorry if I came off sanctimonious, I figured you were saying that lightly once I thought about it but by then I was getting entrenched in troo internet style.
    manningmsj likes this.

twitchy2.0 and manningmsj like this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information