Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kevin Clash- VOICE OF ELMO DENIES SEX W/ UNDERAGE BOY

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Second Man Accuses Elmo Voice Actor of Underage Sex, Says He Has a Thing for Teenage Boys

Just when you thought it was safe to tickle Elmo again, the erstwhile settled sex scandal roars back with a vengeance.

One day after Kevin Clash's initial accuser, "struggling model" Sheldon Stephens, retracted his recantation and asked to have his $125,000 settlement undone, a second accuser has stepped into the limelight to claim that he too had a sexual relationship with the voice actor while still a minor.

The unnamed man is suing Clash in federal court, claiming the two met in 1993 on a gay phone chat line. Now in his 30s, the accuser says he was 15 at the time, and Clash was 17 years his senior.

Per court documents, obtained by TMZ, the accuser alleges Clash "groomed [him] to gain his trust by, among other things, taking him to nice dinners and giving him money."

He goes on to claim that this was something of a hobby for Clash who regularly "trolled gay telephone chat line rooms to meet and have sex with underage boys."

As to why he hadn't previously come forward, the accuser says he just recently became aware of "adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct."

The lawsuit seeks over $5 million in damages.

Second Man Accuses Elmo Voice Actor of Underage Sex, Says He Has a Thing for Teenage Boys

In other words, he realized he could get a nice sum of money for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post

That escalated quickly.

I know, right? I'm devastated. I grew up watching Sesame St. And I loved Elmo. I even had that obnoxious Tickle Me Elmo sweatshirt. I really hope this isn't true...but with him resigning, it doesn't look too good.

Silver Member

Isn't there a statute of limitations? If he was fifteen when they met in 1993, would he still be able to sue?

I like the Smoking Gun article mjw referred to on the previous page, that pointed out TMZ's grab-ass handling of this story. This isn't like speculating if Kate's baking an heir in her oven; molestation is an accusation that ruins peoples' lives, even if proven false. If both accusers are lying, the mean-spirited part of me hopes Kevin Clash will end up walking away with the TMZ editor's house, car and iPhone.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

"Just when you thought it was safe to tickle Elmo again" LMAO

As to why he hadn't previously come forward, the accuser says he just recently became aware of "adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct."
    uhuh. more like he just became that the older dude he fucked ages ago was semi-famous and worth some money.
    colour me skeptical.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm not sure how I feel about the use of the word "grooming" in this case. To me, that connotes a close acquaintance or family member surreptitiously using behaviors that will break down the will of a completely unwitting kid. Like a Sandusky type. Maybe the chat room was supposed to be completely non-sexual, though.

How many non-sexual gay phone chat lines do you know of?
    Last edited by sputnik; November 20th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    How many non-sexual gay phone chat línea do you know of?
    Oh, no you don't. Either way I answer that question, I'm going to sound gay.
    sputnik and Kat Scorp like this.

"A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    uhuh. more like he just became that the older dude he fucked ages ago was semi-famous and worth some money.
    colour me skeptical.
    Yup. And its funny how he "recently" became aware of the psychological effects right after the first guy gets $125,000.
    sputnik likes this.

fgg

Kevin Clash facing allegations of ‘sexual activity’ with a 16-yr-old by a third accuser

In the week before Thanksgiving, the stories kept getting more and more uncomfortable with regards to Kevin Clash, arguably the most famous puppeteer in the world. Clash is the voice and puppet master of Elmo, who is arguably (or not so much) the most famous and beloved Sesame Street character. Clash is a rock star to puppeteers and to people in the children’s entertainment industry, always known for his generous spirit and work ethic. Unfortunately, Clash’s decades of good works have now been tainted by an unending wave of sketchy sex scandals. First, a 20-something dude claimed that he and Clash had an affair when the dude was only 16. That dude later recanted, then recanted his recant and admitted that Clash paid him off ($125K). Then a second accuser came forward and Clash formally resigned his post at Sesame Street. And now a third accuser has come forward.

The Emmy award-winning man behind Sesame Street’s “Elmo” is now facing his third allegation of underage sex in two weeks. This time puppeteer Kevin Clash is facing a lawsuit accusing him of sexual activity with a 16-year-old in 2000.

The accuser, now 29, will be filing a lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court Tuesday, says the man’s attorney Jeff Herman. He said the lawsuit is being filed as a “John Doe” because the accuser does not want to use his name.

A spokeswoman for the puppeteer said, “Mr. Clash believes this lawsuit has no merit.”

Herman said his client started writing a book in 2009 describing his experience with Clash. The lawyer said he will have pages from that book at a press conference Tuesday to announce the lawsuit.

Herman said the accuser is from the South and was in high school when he came to New York 13 years ago for modeling work. He said his client connected with Clash — who went under the pseudonym “Craig” and claimed to be only 30 years old — on a gay chat line. The two chatted for a couple of days and then Craig invited the 16-year-old to his apartment.

In the apartment, Herman said his client realized Craig was older than 30. They also engaged in “some sexual activity.”

Herman said his client met Clash again in 2003 and 2004, and over a period of time figured out who Clash was.

“He saw Elmo dolls, an Emmy award and photographs of Elmo with movie stars,” said Herman.

Last week, 24-year-old Cecil Singleton of Manhattan — also represented by Herman — filed a $ 5 million lawsuit, accusing Clash of sexual relations when he was 15. The week prior, another young man, Sheldon Stephens, said he had intercourse with Clash when he was only 16 years old.

[From The NYDN]

I was on Clash’s side with the first accuser, and I was just looking for a reason to remain forever Team Clash. But three accusers, all claiming that they were underage when they engage in sexual activity with a then-middle-aged Clash? Yeah. That’s a pattern. I think it’s a more specific pattern than just “Clash likes teenage boys” too. I think Clash specifically likes sketchy teenage hustler types, young men who could conceivably be dismissed and disbelieved.

I do have significant questions about the legal and criminal issues involved with all of this, though. Like, why are all of these men only seeking financial settlements through civil cases? Why aren’t the police involved? Is it not a criminal matter because of a statute of limitations issue, or did these men never approach the police with their stories? I have other questions too, but I really don’t want to delve too deeply into these murky waters. Suffice to say, I think Clash probably was fooling around with jailbait, and he should be ashamed of himself and penalized, but that doesn’t make his accusers completely innocent victims either.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Kevin Clash facing allegations of ‘sexual activity’ with a 16-yr-old by a third accuser
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

The Daily Beast did interesting interviews with all three accusers recently. The second and third ones claim that, while they first met Clash at age 15 and 16 (via chat lines where they lied about their ages) they didn't have actual sex with him until they were 18 and 19, respectively.

The statute of limitations for criminal charges has not run out for the man who first accuser, but he told The Daily Beast he doesn't want to file criminal charges. He still thinks he's going to get a monetary settlement from Clash, even though the settlement was voided when the guy violated the terms when he started talking to the press. (His lawyer has now dumped him over that.) The guy said that he didn't go to the authorities because his grandmother is a Jehovah's Witness who doesn't believe in the police. Instead, he went to the people who make Sesame Street. They launched an internal investigation but then suspended it when the accuser failed to show for a scheduled meeting with the Sesame Street people, where he was supposed to show them photos that proved he knew Clash. He told the reporter that he needs the money to help support his grandma and nieces.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

So two of the accusers were adults when they had sex? So what's up with the lawsuits? The original one sounds like a money grab, period.

The age thing only matters if it was a criminal case. You can file a civil case over anything.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Cleared of Sexual Abuse Charges

The puppeteer who voiced Elmo for decades has been cleared of three sexual abuse charges.

In 2012, Kevin Clash was accused of abusing multiple men more than 10 years earlier. The allegations prompted Clash, 53,to resign from Sesame Street.

"I have loved every day of my 28 years working for this exceptional organization, he said in a statement at the time. "Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer."

But the U.S. Court of Appeals this month threw out three cases, agreeing with a New York judge's July decision to dismiss the lawsuits.

"The case was dismissed because of the statute of limitations. There is no ruling on the merits," the plaintiffs' attorney Jeff Herman – who now also represents the man accusing Hollywood director Bryan Singer of abuse – tells PEOPLE. "The case against Clash on behalf of Sheldon Stephens is pending."

Stephens is Clash's first accuser, who continues to pursue legal action. Stephens, 25, claimed Clash sexually abused him at age 16, but recanted soon after coming forward, admitting the relationship was consensual. The other alleged victims then made public accusations, and months later, Stephens filed suit in Pennsylvania against Clash.

In a separate case, Stephens was sentenced to three months in prison April 14 for stealing pension checks from educators, according to Penn Live.

http://www.people.com/article/kevin-clash-cleared-sexual-abuse

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information