Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Kevin Clash- VOICE OF ELMO DENIES SEX W/ UNDERAGE BOY

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Man says relationship with Elmo puppeteer ‘adult, consensual’

A man who alleged he was 16 when he started a relationship with the puppeteer who provides the voice of Elmo on “Sesame Street” now says it was an “adult consensual relationship,” according to his lawyers.
    The man, now 23, had told Sesame Workshop in June that he started a relationship with Kevin Clash as a teenager. The workshop announced on Monday that a thorough investigation found “the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated.”

On Tuesday, a law firm saying it represented the man released a statement saying he “wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.”

“We will have no further comment on the matter,” the statement from Pennsylvania law firm Andreozzi & Associates said.
    Clash and the Sesame Worskshop responded Tuesday with statements of their own.
    "I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further," Clash said in a message released by his representative.
    “We are pleased that this matter has been brought to a close, and we are happy that Kevin can move on from this unfortunate episode,” the workshop said on its website.
    Man says relationship with Elmo puppeteer

Blatant money grab, he should be sued.
    mjw likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elmo treats Zoe so nicely so I knew he couldn't be a perv!!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's a shame that stuff like this happens and can ruin a man's life. This guy knew it would do just that. He does the voice of Elmo for fucks sake. This guy knew it would tarnish his reputation. I hope Kevin Clash does sue him.

Or did Kevin pay him off now?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yay Elmo's not a perv!
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Or did Kevin pay him off now?
    You know he had to. That guy was hell bent on money and got it. This was a set up and he ruined Kevin's reputation forever. Disgusting.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

mjw
    Elite Member

Revealed: Man who claimed Elmo puppeteer had sex with him when he was 16 and later recanted is identified as 24-year-old struggling model with arrest history

• The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of engaging in sex when he was underage has been identified as a 24-year-old wannabe model that was once arrested for allegedly robbing someone at knifepoint.

The accuser, Sheldon Stephens, of Pennsylvania, was named by The Smoking Gun website on Wednesday. The website said it learned the identity of Stephens from a family member and friend who were not named.

Stephens describes himself as an 'entrepreneur, student, model [and] actor' on his Twitter account. On his Facebook page, he writes, 'I like to consider myself a rare breed. I'm very spontaneous and random… I'm determined and goal oriented. My destiny is laid on a solid gold brick pathway... MY FUTURE IS BRIGHT and never will it dim.'

Stephens had publicly accused Clash, the puppeteer behind Elmo on Sesame Street, of an underage sexual affair this week and then later recanted his claim.

The recantation comes one day after the accusations against Clash, who is openly gay, were published on TMZ, setting off a firestorm in the media.

Andreozzi & Associates, a law firm that said it represented the accuser, said in a statement on his behalf:

'He wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr Clash was an adult consensual relationship. He will have no further comment on the matter.'

Since the scandal broke, Clash, 52, has taken a leave of absence from the Sesame Workshop which produces the popular children's TV show on PBS.

Since the scandal broke, Clash, 52, has taken a leave of absence from the Sesame Workshop which produces the popular children's TV show on PBS

Court records show that Stephens has been arrested several times since 2009 on charges that include writing a bad check and reckless driving.

His most serious charges were in September of 2009, when he was arrested at an airport in Pennsylvania after stepping off a flight from Los Angeles.He was charged in that arrest with robbing his former employer, Darian Pollard, at knifepoint.

Pollard accused Stephens of stealing a $250,000 'white gold necklace with diamonds' and a 'white gold ring with diamond baguettes' and then boarding a flight to Pennsylvania, according to a criminal complaint.

Stephens was wearing the jewelry when police arrested him and he insisted that the pieces were gifts. Charges filed against him in Pennsylvania were later dropped, however, and charges were never filed in California, The Smoking Gun reported.

After Stephens withdrew his allegations, Clash told the New York Times through a spokesman: 'I am relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest. I will not discuss it further.'

Clash exchanged messages with his accuser in 2010 in which he apologized for constantly talking about sex and promised to make all of his 'dreams come true.'

The puppeteer, who has left the show in the wake of the accusations, told the man almost 30 years his junior that he loved him and offered to buy him a ticket to visit him in New York, it has emerged.

The Sesame Street stalwart, who has worked on the show since the mid-80s, admits to having a sexual relationship with the accuser but insists it only took place after the younger man was an adult.

Clash, 52, took a leave of absence from the children's show after the 23-year-old contacted the program's lawyers and told them he had a sexual relationship with the puppeteer seven years ago
      In the latest emails published byTMZ, sent well after the accuser turned 18, Clash wrote: 'I'm sorry that I keep talking about sex with you, its driving me insane.'

He added: 'I want you to know that I love you and I will never hurt you. I'm here to protect you and make sure your dreams come true...

'I'll have my assistant book a ticket for you to come to NY and we can talk about this in person.'

Clash said the relationship was between two consenting adults and that he was deeply saddened that the younger man was 'trying to make it into something it was not.'

The accuser reportedly felt he was being silenced after his initial meeting with Sesame Street lawyers. He is now being represented by Andreozzi and Associates - the firm that worked with one of the victims in the Jerry Sandusky child rape case.

In August, the accuser's lawyers wrote a letter to Sesame Street accusing the program of trying to 'discredit the victim in order to protect its employee and the image of one of its most valuable characters.'

The letter also claimed the show's attitude 'places a greater value on a puppet than the well being of a young man.'

Sesame Workshop officials, however, said they found the the allegation of underage sex was unsubstantiated after a thorough investigation.

They say that rather than trying to hush up the accuser, they asked for evidence of his allegations, which was not received.

TMZ reported they had seen an email supposedly sent to the accuser by Clash, acknowledging they had the affair when he was 16, but officials believe it is fake as they say the accuser never mentioned such an email existed.

Sesame Street disciplined Mr Clash for inappropriate use of company email after they found his messages to the accuser, but they reportedly did not indicate an illegal sexual relationship.

They said the divorced father of a 19-year-old girl had shown poor judgment, but claimed
      his leave of absence was to allow him to defend his reputation in the wake of the damaging allegations.

Clash's ex-wife, Gina, declined to comment, but a friend who answered the door at her Baltimore home told the New York Daily News that the former nurse is 'surviving'.

A neighbor who did not wish to be identified defended Clash, saying: 'He was really good to her and the family. He's a really nice guy.'

Sesame Workshop insisted the scandal surrounding Clash does not mean the end of Elmo.

'Elmo is bigger than any one person,' the company said.

Clash has been Elmo's puppeteer for two decades, performing on the show as well as for PBS specials, DVD releases and TV movies, while earning nine Daytime Emmy Awards.

He eventually assumed the title of Sesame Street's Senior Puppet Coordinator and Muppet Captain, while also directing and producing show segments and TV specials.

He published an autobiography about his career in 2006 called My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud.

Earlier this year he appeared in Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey, a documentary detailing Clash's journey from a childhood obsession with puppets to assuming his role on the iconic show.

Read more: Sheldon Stephens: Man who accused Elmo voice Kevin Clash identified as a struggling model with arrest history | Mail Online
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

mjw
    Elite Member

The man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice of Elmo, of having sex with him while he was underage stands by his story, claims he was pressured into recanting it, and is now interviewing lawyers to help him undo his settlement.

TMZ broke the story ... Clash and Sheldon Stephens entered into a settlement in which Clash agreed to pay Stephens $125,000, but in return the agreement provides the following:

"Stephens agrees that immediately upon execution of this Agreement, his counsel, Andreozzi & Associates, P.C., shall release the [following] statement ... 'He [Stephens] wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.'"

We've learned Stephens has met with lawyers in Los Angeles and told them he was pressured into recanting his allegation and insists he's telling the truth when he says he had sex with Clash when he was 16.

Stephens -- who is now 23 -- is telling lawyers he will gladly forfeit the $125,000 to restore his name. Stephens is saying he was literally crying during the final negotiations and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign.

Clash's lawyer told us Friday he would have no comment on the settlement story.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/11/19/voice-...#ixzz2CfctvD6F

he was probably crying becuase he thought he'd get more than 125'000...
    i wonder if he's going to sue all the other adult guys he had sex with before he was of age, or just the ones with money.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gloria Allred probably called and told him she could get him lots more money.
    sputnik likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

mjw
    Elite Member

Part of an article from The Smoking Gun on this case. The article is long but questions TMZ's reporting on the case.

In a statement released yesterday, a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania law firm--which no longer represents Stephens--reported that Clash’s accuser “wants it to be known that his sexual relationship with Mr. Clash was an adult consensual relationship.” TMZ initially reported that the man claimed to have been 16 when his sexual relationship with Clash began.
    Shortly after the statement’s release, TMZ scrambled to publish a story (citing “sources close to the situation”) claiming that attorneys for Clash and the accuser were, right then, purportedly “discussing a financial settlement and 6-figures were on the table.” At that point, however, Stephens was no longer being represented by Andreozzi & Associates, the Harrisburg law firm, and had no other legal representation. The issuance of the statement was done as a courtesy by Stephens’s former counsel, who noted that, “He will have no further comment on the matter.”
    The acknowledgement that the damaging claim against Clash was not true came as a relief to the producers of “Sesame Street,” who, as The New York Times notes, “had been alarmed by seeing the words ‘under-age sex’ in the same sentence as ‘Elmo.’”
    The recanting, however, came after TMZ had effectively outed Clash as a gay man. In a statement, the puppeteer noted, “I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter.” It is unknown if TMZ, one of the country’s leading practitioners of checkbook journalism, paid Stephens for his story.
    Meet The Man Who Targeted Elmo Puppeteer | The Smoking Gun
    Kat Scorp likes this.

Second Man Accuses Elmo Voice Actor of Underage Sex, Says He Has a Thing for Teenage Boys

Just when you thought it was safe to tickle Elmo again, the erstwhile settled sex scandal roars back with a vengeance.

One day after Kevin Clash's initial accuser, "struggling model" Sheldon Stephens, retracted his recantation and asked to have his $125,000 settlement undone, a second accuser has stepped into the limelight to claim that he too had a sexual relationship with the voice actor while still a minor.

The unnamed man is suing Clash in federal court, claiming the two met in 1993 on a gay phone chat line. Now in his 30s, the accuser says he was 15 at the time, and Clash was 17 years his senior.

Per court documents, obtained by TMZ, the accuser alleges Clash "groomed [him] to gain his trust by, among other things, taking him to nice dinners and giving him money."

He goes on to claim that this was something of a hobby for Clash who regularly "trolled gay telephone chat line rooms to meet and have sex with underage boys."

As to why he hadn't previously come forward, the accuser says he just recently became aware of "adverse psychological and emotional effects from Kevin Clash's sexual acts and conduct."

The lawsuit seeks over $5 million in damages.

Second Man Accuses Elmo Voice Actor of Underage Sex, Says He Has a Thing for Teenage Boys
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Default Kevin Clash Resigns

Kevin Clash, Elmo Puppeteer, Resigns

Kevin Clash, the longtime voice and puppeteer behind Sesame Street’s Elmo character, has resigned in the aftermath of allegations — which Sesame Workshop had previously said were unfounded — that he had an underage sexual relationship. In a statement released Tuesday, Sesame Workshop said:

Sesame Workshop’s mission is to harness the educational power of media to help all children the world over reach their highest potential. Kevin Clash has helped us achieve that mission for 28 years, and none of us, especially Kevin, want anything to divert our attention from our focus on serving as a leading educational organization. Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street.

Mr. Clash has played Elmo on “Sesame Street” for decades. He was profiled in a documentary last year, “Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey.”

The sexual accusations were made public last Monday, then later recanted by a 24-year-old man who has remained anonymous. The episode led to Mr. Clash coming out as a gay man, something he had not previously discussed in public. “I have never been ashamed of this or tried to hide it, but felt it was a personal and private matter,” he said in the statement last week.

Production of “Sesame Street” was unaffected by Mr. Clash’s leave of absence and presumably will not be affected by his resignation, either. Mr. Clash had been helping to identify other puppeteers who could play Elmo for some time, and they filled in for him while he was away from work, a Sesame Workshop executive said last week.

Kevin Clash, Elmo Puppeteer, Resigns - NYTimes.com
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

That escalated quickly.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information