Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kate McCann says their "Find Maddie" fund is running dry, beg for more money

So, her current theory is that not only was she negligent, but she broadcast that negligence to someone taking a reservation and the notation was left out? Exactly how stupid is the world supposed to be?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

The McCanns are disgusting. They are now releasing a book on the dissapearance, another way to garner funds.

The sympathy train is over for them, it was their fault either if they are telling the truth or not.

The book is selling well according to amazon Kindle O_O UGH

On the Today Show, Kate says she missed a big clue when Madeline asked her "Why didn't you come when we were crying last night?" I don't think that's a clue but a huge sign that maybe you shouldn't leave your kids alone at night. I'm amazed that she admitted that. She thinks it could have meant that someone was trying to get in that night.

She's perfected the long suffering pained face.

They both seem like cold hearted crap parents to me. I now think that's their 'only' crime though. But I dunno, this case is so frustrating.

maybe i'm cynical but imo it's over. she's dead. they're never going to find her or find out what happened. i don't know why there is still so much interest over this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    They both seem like cold hearted crap parents to me. I now think that's their 'only' crime though. But I dunno, this case is so frustrating.
    Yeah I agree. I don't think they killed her. They just were selfish and negligent. I can understand their need to keep looking though. While I think she most probably is dead, I saw a movie called "Trade" about human trafficking. It's such a huge, organized international network. Kids and young women get kidnapped and then are moved around from place to place for years.

The movie was based on this New York Times article by Peter Landesman:

The Girls Next Door - Sidebar - NYTimes.com

On the Today Show, Kate says she missed a big clue when Madeline asked her "Why didn't you come when we were crying last night?" I don't think that's a clue but a huge sign that maybe you shouldn't leave your kids alone at night. I'm amazed that she admitted that. She thinks it could have meant that someone was trying to get in that night.
    'Why didn't you come when that scary man was trying to get in the window?" would be a clue that someone was trying to get in. "Why didn't you come when we were crying?" is a clue that her little children were upset and scared when they woke in the middle of the night and couldn't find their fucking parents.

That, to me, bolsters the theory that the McCanns drugged up Maddie and she accidentally died. I don't think "forgot" Maddie's complaint that she had been crying the night before, but rather that Maddie made a big deal about it and maybe threw a tantrum when she realized her parents were leaving her alone again. Instead of getting a babysitter or staying in the room, the McCanns instead decided to sedate Maddie so she wouldn't raise a fuss and they could go out in peace.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Anyone who takes their kids on vacation to a foreign country, then leaves them alone on more than one occasion while they irresponsibly party elsewhere, even if it's close by, isn't going to get much sympathy from anyone. Even if they aren't the "criminals" in their daughter's disappearance, they are responsible for not keeping her safe, and for me, that falls into the unforgivable category.

I got separated from my mom in a department store when I was 4 (I wandered off), and I was panic-stricken when I couldn't find her. Thank goodness a store security guard returned me safely to her - looking back, he could have done something completely opposite of that, or someone else in the store could have yanked me out of there without too much of a struggle. Kids trust their parents to keep them safe and secure and when a youngster that age wakes up and can't find her parents more than once, that sense of being safe can disappear quickly. How do we know she didn't wake up, couldn't find her parents and wandered off into the night trying to locate them and then got grabbed?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    'Why didn't you come when that scary man was trying to get in the window?" would be a clue that someone was trying to get in. "Why didn't you come when we were crying?" is a clue that her little children were upset and scared when they woke in the middle of the night and couldn't find their fucking parents.

That, to me, bolsters the theory that the McCanns drugged up Maddie and she accidentally died. I don't think "forgot" Maddie's complaint that she had been crying the night before, but rather that Maddie made a big deal about it and maybe threw a tantrum when she realized her parents were leaving her alone again. Instead of getting a babysitter or staying in the room, the McCanns instead decided to sedate Maddie so she wouldn't raise a fuss and they could go out in peace.
    This. She died that night and they know exactly how and when it happened. Now they have no choice but to continue with this ridiculous charade. They are a very odd pair - there's always been something very 'off' about both of them.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    On the Today Show, Kate says she missed a big clue when Madeline asked her "Why didn't you come when we were crying last night?"
    That's not a quote from a 4-year-old. No kid that age uses conditional tenses so well or uses "we" instead of "I". It's all "I" or "me" for 4-year-olds. If it was her siblings crying, she would have named them, not included them in "we".

It's fake.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

She may have actually said I. And it's true about them crying, I think other people heard them crying the night before she was taken.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    She may have actually said I. And it's true about them crying, I think other people heard them crying the night before she was taken.
    Great parenting! I'm with the theory the McCann's gave the kids drugs the next night so they wouldn't cry and OOPS! one died.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    This. She died that night and they know exactly how and when it happened. Now they have no choice but to continue with this ridiculous charade. They are a very odd pair - there's always been something very 'off' about both of them.
    The first time I saw it reported on the news I turned to MrN & said "they killed her", I dunno why but I've been convinced for that very first moment.

I actually feel sorry for the twins, they're being brought up in that enviroment, I bet that their "mommey dearest" book in future is going to be powerful. Its like the poor Benet kid's brother (from Brady & Hindley) his whole life was blighted by his parents inability to stop focusing in the dead one.

Gerry McCann & the Sun newspaper are now blackmailing the PM into getting the UK police involved in this search...
    The McCanns: David Cameron's use of grief for political ends is shameful

The prime minister's intervention came on the day a national newspaper urged him to act

There are no words adequate to describe the pain experienced by Kate and Gerry McCann over the disappearance of their daughter, Madeleine, in 2007. The whole country has been witness to their suffering.
    David Cameron, as a father, as a human being, is no more immune to their agony than anyone else. Perhaps that is why he asked Scotland Yard to review the case. But that is not the only reason. The prime minister's intervention came on the same day that a national newspaper urged him to act. Mr Cameron, remember, is a former public relations executive for a television company.
    For some, the McCanns' expressions of gratitude will be enough to allay criticism of Downing Street. But Mr Cameron needs to be careful about presenting himself as some benevolent tsar, bestowing favours on petitioning subjects.
    "An exceptional case" is the defence from Number 10. Indeed it is, and a tragic one, but for that very reason it is not necessarily the right context in which to set policy. And Mr Cameron's action is not without policy implications. His government is currently struggling to push legislation through Parliament that would change the structures that hold police forces accountable. The Conservatives lost a vote in the House of Lords over the establishment of popularly elected police commissioners.
    Much of the debate over this issue hinges on the question of whether forces would be more or less subject to political interference. The official Tory line is that the police – and other public servants – should face less meddling from the centre. Yet it seems Mr Cameron excuses himself from that rule. The Metropolitan Police, struggling to implement huge budget cuts and facing many other heartrending, unsolved cases, must set its priorities to the prime minister's fiat. The nation is united in respect for the McCanns' grief. Shame on Mr Cameron for playing politics with it.

Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard get 3.5m grant for inquiry

by David Collins, Daily Mirror 14/05/2011
    Madeleine McCann

A SPECIAL 3.5million grant is being given to Scotland Yard to fund the Madeleine McCann inquiry.
    The Home Office cash will fund a team – led by an experienced detective – which is being set up in the next few days to carry out a review of the entire investigation.
    It will cover the cost of man hours, flights to Portugal, hotels, consultation fees from forensic firms and any other expenses.

There will also be a hefty cost for translation work on the thousands of documents requested from Portuguese authorities.
    Files from Leicestershire Police – said by police sources to be “substantial” – will also be *examined by the London team.
    Leicestershire has been the UK liaison force for the McCann family and posted officers to Portugal during the hunt.
    The funding comes after Kate and Gerry McCann made an impassioned appeal to David Cameron for help to find their daughter, who was three when she vanished in Portugal in 2007. The Prime Minister, who met the couple 18 months ago while in opposition, has already written to them saying he had personally authorised the review.
    A police source said: “The money is ring-fenced and is an emergency grant put to one side by the Home Office.
    “It will be made available to the *Metropolitan Police specifically for the review of the Madeleine McCann case.”
    The insider said the task was “enormous” and could take years.
    The McCanns, who believe *Portuguese police botched the investigation, said: “This is a step in the right direction.
    “The expertise of the Metropolitan Police is renowned and we are reassured by our Government’s commitment to the search for Madeleine.”
    The couple have written a book, entitled simply Madeleine, which they hope will boost funds for the police investigation further.

Read more: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard get 3.5m grant for inquiry - mirror.co.uk
    Madeleine McCann police review to take years and cost millions

MPs criticise PM's ordering of lengthy and costly Scotland Yard review of police investigation into child's disappearance

Handout photo of Madeleine McCann. The Metropolitan police review of the investigation into her disapperance ordered by David Cameron has been criticised by MPs, and is likely to take years and cost millions. Photograph: Everton Fc/PA

The Metropolitan police review into the abduction of Madeleine McCann could take months or even years to complete and cost millions of pounds.
    Detectives from Scotland Yard's homicide command face huge difficulties in examining all the paperwork that details the inquiry into the three-year-old's disappearance in Portugal in 2007. First they will have to wait for all the documentation to be provided by the Portuguese police, and then all the material must be translated before a team of detectives begins the arduous task of reviewing the whole inquiry. They will also review all the files from police in Leicestershire, the McCann's home force which provided some support to the Portuguese, and those of private investigators who have been working on behalf of the family for the past four years.
    Scotland Yard have begun an exercise to work out what size team should be involved in the Madeleine review. It is likely to include detectives from the child homicide unit at the Yard.
    The prime minister's decision to order the Met to review the case was criticised by some politicians.
    Labour peer Lord Harris of Haringey told the PoliticsHome website that he had worries about the way Cameron and the Home Office had behaved.
    "It raises very big questions about political direction of the police," said Harris. "Of course it goes without saying that this is a very heart-breaking case, but what we are looking at is a case where the Met has no direct responsibility.
    "There is clearly an issue about the resources being used and are they in effect saying that the Met is the default investigator for every case in the world involving a British citizen?
    "It's not just a question of direct costs, it's a question of opportunity costs too. Our detective capacity is limited as it is."
    The prime minister's official spokesman said that Cameron and Theresa May had asked the Met to review the evidence in response to a request by the McCann family because of the "exceptional" nature of the case.
    "There has been a huge amount of public interest in this case since it began, Madeleine McCann has been missing for a long time, there is the international dimension," the spokesman said.
    "The prime minister has been clear that he wants to do everything he can to support the family."
    The spokesman denied that Cameron and May had been directing police on an operational matter.
    "It was done at the request of the home secretary. It was agreed by Sir Paul Stephenson. That is not a direction," he said.
    Scotland Yard has had some high-profile success in solving cases which at first sight seemed intractable. After 16 years a new investigation of the Rachel Nickell murder led in 2008 to her killer Robert Napper being brought to justice following a DNA breakthrough.
    It was a review by a senior homicide detective of all the evidence gathered in an investigation into a serial rapist in south London that led to the conviction of Kirk Reid in 2009. After eight years in which no one had been arrested for scores of rapes it took the detective just a few hours with the paperwork to identify Reid as the main suspect. Five days later he had matched his DNA to two of the assaults and Reid was finally brought to justice.
    The approach in the Madeleine review will be the same as in any re-examination of cases in the UK, a police source said. "What we do is painstakingly look at all the evidence, the paperwork, the CCTV, any suspects who came to light and were investigated. Sometimes it takes fresh eyes to see what was always there."
    Madeleine of Rothley, Leicestershire, vanished from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve in May 2007. Her parents were dining in a restaurant about 100 metres away and were checking on Madeleine and her siblings every half an hour. The Portuguese inquiry was halted formally in July 2008.

3million at a time when all police budgets are being cut, when hospitals & schools are being squeezed is obscene, imo.
    Free Charmed.

Why are the police going to Spain when I thought it was pretty much agreed apon that although they didn't have slam/dunk evidence that the parent/s killed her.

Police re-examine case of Madeleine McCann

by: NewsCore From: NewsCore December 08, 2011 9:48AM
    Increase Text Size
    Decrease Text Size
    Print
    Email

Kate McCann with a picture of her missing daughter Madeleine. Picture: AP AP

BRITISH detectives have visited Spain to re-examine the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from neighbouring Portugal, it has emerged.

London's Metropolitan Police joined the hunt for the missing girl, who vanished in 2007, following a request by the British government.

The force revealed yesterday that detectives working on the case flew to Spain as part of their review and spent three days with police in Barcelona.

Officers also travelled to Portugal three times as they continue to hunt for leads.

Police chiefs have vowed there will be no limits to the review of how the little girl disappeared, aged 3, from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve.

A huge hunt was launched by Portuguese authorities when she went missing on May 3, 2007 while her parents Kate and Gerry McCann dined with friends nearby, but she was never found.

Related Coverage
    Barcelona link eyed in Maddie case
    Herald Sun, 2 days ago
    Top cops join the search for Maddie
    Adelaide Now, 14 May 2011
    British police to review Madeleine case
    Herald Sun, 13 May 2011
    British police to help in McCann case
    Herald Sun, 13 May 2011
    McCanns urge search for Madeleine to continue
    Perth Now, 12 May 2011

Kate McCann wrote on the "Find Madeleine" website in October, "It is a big relief to us that our government finally agreed for a review to take place. We are grateful to them and to the Metropolitan Police Service for undertaking this fundamental and highly valuable procedure which has been underway now for several months."

Detectives have refused to reveal what led them to Barcelona between November 23 and 25, but a Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "There has been very good co-operation with Portuguese authorities and liaison will continue.

"We are not prepared to discuss specific details of these visits nor speculate about any future deployments to Portugal or elsewhere."

Police are not believed to have made a breakthrough and are still doing the groundwork of liaising with foreign officers, sources say.

Portuguese detectives, helped by officers from the McCann's home force, Leicestershire Police, carried out a massive investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. But the official inquiry ended in July 2008, after which no police force was actively looking for her.
    Free Charmed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information