Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kate McCann says their "Find Maddie" fund is running dry, beg for more money

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So after three years they've never gone back to work and have just lived off donations?
    Would YOU want either of them as your doctor?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Nope.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So after three years they've never gone back to work and have just lived off donations?
    Gerry went back to work 6 months after Madeleine went missing. BBC NEWS | UK | England | Leicestershire | Madeleine's father back at work

Why would people contribute to a fund to help these people find the child that was <insert your theory> because of their negligence? Being doctors, they can more afford to fund their own search than the many people whose children go missing due to no fault of their own.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

A*O

Plus, I'm curious to know how the money could actually be spent to find Maddy (assuming she's alive, which she isn't). I guess you need to pay for airtix/hotels on various wild goose chases all over the world, private detectives maybe, probably a few bribes too or even a large reward. But it seems they have been paying their mortgage with it and other living expenses while they mope around looking miserable and distraught for the media.
    Dame Edna Everage

I don't know what they use the money for but if I had a missing child, I could see spending a small fortune to try and find her.

I'd want a PI Team that chased down EVERY lead. I'd spend money on keeping out flyers, billboards, adverts, whatever. Hell, I'd pay someone to sit in the authorities offices and ask every hour, on the hour, "Remember us?"

So I'm not sure "doctor" money would even cover it.

A*O

Agree, assuming she's alive......
    Dame Edna Everage

Maybe they can beg that nice old canadian couple for a few bucks
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exactly - they spent the donations the way they did because they KNOW she is dead. That's the only reason they would possibly spend the money in the manner they did (on mortgages and such).
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Default I wanted to die: Madeleine McCann's mother

I wanted to die: Madeleine McCann&#39;s mother - Yahoo! News

LONDON (AFP) – Four years after toddler Madeleine McCann vanished from a holiday apartment in Portugal, her mother describes in a book how she believes the abductor was tipped off about the family's movements.
    Kate McCann reveals she thinks the case was sparked by a comment in a restaurant reservation book at the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz, saying where the parents would be eating while the children slept in the apartment nearby.
    In "Madeleine", the 43-year-old says that despite her composed appearance in the days following the disappearance, she was wracked by grief and contemplated committing suicide by drowning in the sea.
    Madeleine went missing from the apartment on May 3, 2007, a few days before her fourth birthday, as her parents and a group of friends they were spending the holiday with dined at the restaurant in the holiday complex.
    The case triggered massive interest in Europe but despite a huge investigation, she has never been found.
    Portuguese police wound up their investigation after 14 months, but her parents say they will not stop their search until they have found their daughter.
    Proceeds from the book, to be published in Britain on Madeleine's eighth birthday on Thursday, are designed to replenish the dwindling campaign fund to find her -- a fund that reportedly once stood at £2 million ($3.3 million, 2.3 million euros).
    Kate and her husband Gerry also hope the new details of the case will jog the memory of anyone who may have information about their daughter's disappearance.
    "We hope and pray that it will bring us the result we long for and that not only the book but this whole ordeal and heartache will be behind us before too much longer," Kate McCann said.
    In the book, she describes her shock at discovering a year after Madeleine vanished that an abductor could have found out the family's movements from the restaurant reservation book.
    "When I was combing through the Portuguese police files... I discovered that the receptionist's note requesting our block booking was written in a staff message book, which sat on a desk at the pool reception for most of the day.
    "To my horror, I saw that, no doubt in all innocence, the receptionist had added that we wanted to eat close to our apartments as we were leaving our young children alone there and checking on them intermittently.
    "This book was by definition accessible to all staff and, albeit unintentionally, probably to guests and visitors, too."
    The McCanns, who are both doctors, have been criticised for their decision to leave their children -- Madeleine and her then baby brother and sister -- in the apartment while they dined and take it in turns with their friends to check on them.
    "This decision has naturally been questioned time and again, not least by us," Kate writes.
    "It goes without saying that we now bitterly regret it, and will do so until the end of our days.
    "But it is easy to be wise after the event," she writes, adding that if she had had any doubts about the children's safety, she would have hired a babysitter.
    She said that in the days following her daughter's disappearance, "I had an overwhelming urge to swim out across the ocean, as hard and as fast as I could... until I was so far out and so exhausted I could just allow the water to pull me under and relieve me of this torment."
    Five months after Madeleine's disappearance, Kate and Gerry McCann were made formal suspects in the case by Portuguese police but were later cleared.
    They later won a £550,000 libel payout from a British newspaper group which had doubted their innocence.

Kate McCann won't shut-up. TMI.

HEARTBROKEN Kate McCann has revealed that after Madeleine vanished “my sexual desire plummeted to zero”.

She said she and husband Gerry, 42, could not concentrate on anything but their missing three-year-old.

Kate, 43, admits she had an “inability to permit myself any pleasure, whether reading a book or making love with my husband”
    Source

Apparently this is all in a book they are soon releasing.

I don't recall Ben Needham's family getting this much attention, oh wait that's because they weren't Rich Doctors or stupid enough to leave their kid alone.

This bitch left her kid alone in a strange country so she could eat dinner. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Hope she dies from guilt.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    This bitch left her kid alone in a strange country so she could eat dinner. I don't feel sorry for her at all. Hope she dies from guilt.
    This. I am dumbfounded that any respectable parent would leave their young children alone like this. They were not some stupid trailer hicks without critical thinking skills, for God's sake. There is just NO excuse for leaving those kids alone.

Instead of being wracked by grief she should have been wracked by guilt over leaving her children alone. And if she'd had doubts about their safety she would have hired a babysitter? Leaving your toddler and babies alone is never going to be safe.

Personal theory is that they not only left her alone, but they (over)dosed her to the gills beforehand to make her compliant. I think they misjudged their dosage.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information