Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Kansas state senator's 10 y.o. son dies on 'World's Tallest Waterslide'

I never went on any of the big rides. I was a puker who couldn't even handle the tilt-a-whirl. In retrospect, a good thing.
    louiswinthorpe111 and Fran2 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I can not share this with my kids. The oldest is a roller coaster junkie and will go on any stupid ride he comes across. My middle son is a total chicken and we had to talk him into Great Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney and the waterslide at Wisconsin Dells. If he hears about this he will never go on a ride ever again.

Just devastating for that family. I can't even imagine.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^^This incident happened, and a day or two later the incident where the 3 girls fell from a carnival ride. Then, my daughter asks if she can go to an amusement park with her friend and friend's family; given the 2 incidents, I was a little reluctant, but hubby and I gave her permission. I can say with all certainly that she was on my mind more that day than ever..

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    My parents' quest to knock us off failed! Here's just some things that happened there.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danm3/35-ho...rk-was-the-6wr
    I never heard of Action Park. I briefly looked at the link. My gawd, #7, what if someone doesn't make the loop, and gets stuck. It would have to be cut open to get them out. Or throw a long rope from the stop of the slide. Then I'd think about it getting hot, it's dark, claustrophobia. A nightmare.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I can not share this with my kids. The oldest is a roller coaster junkie and will go on any stupid ride he comes across. My middle son is a total chicken and we had to talk him into Great Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disney and the waterslide at Wisconsin Dells. If he hears about this he will never go on a ride ever again.

Just devastating for that family. I can't even imagine.
    I actually did tell my kids. They took it well for someone who is probably going to spend 2 or 3 days at Universal Studios next week.

I read a detailed writeup on what happened to that poor kid on the slide and it really did read like something out of Final Destination. Actually, worse.

link please!
    sputnik likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I actually did tell my kids. They took it well for someone who is probably going to spend 2 or 3 days at Universal Studios next week.
    We are going there next week too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Rip

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    We are going there next week too.
    I'll PM you an email address once we confirm we are going. It will be me and the kids. (Mrs. Mohandas will be in training all day at Kennedy Space Center all week.)

Twitchie - here is the link: Caleb Schwab, 10, Decapitated On World's Tallest Water Slide
    SHELLEE and Seapharris7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Jesus charmed, do you have any stories like those in that link? That place sounds like a nightmare.
    Just Google it or check out the Wikipedia page. I have read a ton of stories about Traction Park, it's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by I'mNotBitter View Post
    Just Google it or check out the Wikipedia page. I have read a ton of stories about Traction Park, it's crazy.
    I know, she provided a link that is just horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'll PM you an email address once we confirm we are going. It will be me and the kids. (Mrs. Mohandas will be in training all day at Kennedy Space Center all week.)

Twitchie - here is the link: Caleb Schwab, 10, Decapitated On World's Tallest Water Slide
    Merci!

Interesting:

The boys’ father, State Rep. Schwab, consistently voted against regulating big businesses. The lax regulations and no height restriction for amusement park rides are the main reasons the park’s owners chose Kansas City to build their water slide.

“Our park in Kansas City doesn’t have a height restriction so we decided to put it right here,” said Jeff Henry, Verruckt creator and Schlitterbahn co-owner.
    I'll take some regulations, please.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

-- Stephen Hawking

This story is so horrifying. I remember watching them build their test model somewhere in Texas. It looked crazy to me then, I never saw the full thing built. I have zero interest in "thrilling" water slides. I'm good with the regular boring ones, nothing fancy. Those speed slides totally scare me, what happens if your suit catches or your leg accidentally flies up?

That poor family. How awful for the brother to witness it and for those ladies in the raft. I hope the waterslide is put out of commission, it's obviously flawed and highly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    My parents' quest to knock us off failed! Here's just some things that happened there.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danm3/35-ho...rk-was-the-6wr
    I was reading these and we were cracking up. Jimmy was there as a kid apparently. When I asked him if he ever heard of action park he said he was on the alpine slide( didn't know the name) and he got scrapes from riding it and the brakes didn't always work. Krissy, his sister doesn't know it, but I'm gonna ask Ginny his other sister tomorrow. I can't believe he was there.

Elite Member

OMG the upside down loopy water slide WTF these are terribly scary.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information