Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Jet Blue pilot has meltdown on flight, subdued by passengers

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    they're only on certain planes. you know how many we'd have to have in order for there to be one on every commercial flight? a million billion.
    LOL you can tell I didn't even think my comment through. For some reason I had it in my head all flights had Air Marshalls on board.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

darksithbunny likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Opening aeroplane doors in-flight came up during a season one episode of Supernatural. It's impossible for a human to overcome the internal pressure forcing the door closed:

Pressurization exerts a very strong force against the inside of the plane, sealing the doors shut and preventing them from being opened in flight. You can twist the handle and tug on it all you want, but it's impossible for a human, or even several humans, to overcome this pressure
    USATODAY.com - Doors sealed shut

... in spite of what you see on movies and t.v., these morons can push and pull all they damn want - the door wont open.

And on an episode of Leverage, it was said that only one in every hundred American planes have an Air Marshall. I watch too many tv shows.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Update at 4:02 p.m. ET: The flight was "packed with burly men" heading to the 2012 International Security Conference in Las Vegas, the New York Daily News says.

Well, that was convenient.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

After listening to more of the reports this morning, the copilot is the true hero. Accurately sensed that something wasn't write with the pilot, tricked him into leaving the cockpit, then locked the door behind him.

It kind of reminds me of a reverse situation with an airline - a crash a while back (EgyptAir 990), where the pilot left the cockpit for a minute, and while he was gone, his copilot took the flight controls and pointed the plane down. By the time, the pilot got back into the cockpit and saw what was happening, it was too late to pull the plane out of the dive. In that case, the sane pilot left the cockpit and the unstable one was at the controls.
    monk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Update at 4:02 p.m. ET: The flight was "packed with burly men" heading to the 2012 International Security Conference in Las Vegas, the New York Daily News says.

Well, that was convenient.
    TOO convenient!

*passes out tinfoil*

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

My local news reported there were a few retired cops on the flight who helped subdue the pilot, they were headed out to Vegas together.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

I hate flying so much. It takes at least 1 Xanax and some wine to get me through. If something like this happened on a flight I was on, I would probably shit my pants.

Agree with Mohandas, that co-pilot was in a very difficult situation but thought on his feet and did something before it was too late.

I hope that pilot gets the help he needs AND finds another profession.

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    AND finds another profession.
    I don't think he has any choice in the matter. He'll never be allowed at the controls ever again.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

From what I reading now, the guys who subdued the captain were heroes. By keeping this guy back, an off-duty pilot was able to get past and into the cockpit to help the copilot land the plane.

Also, the captain broke through two sets of plastic handcuffs and the five guys who held him down had to use their belts to keep him restrained.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

Also, the captain broke through two sets of plastic handcuffs and the five guys who held him down had to use their belts to keep him restrained.
    Goddamn! Did he smoke some PCP before the flight? Jesus.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

It does sound like he was on something.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Just because he couldn't get into the cockpit doesn't mean that he couldn't have hurt or killed one of the passengers or the airline staff. The copilot definitely was smart about locking him out and the passengers that subdued him may have saved someone's life, including the pilot himself.

I think they said he was having a panic attack. However, the things he said and did sounded kind of like someone having hallucinations.

I thought I heard that he was at least 6'3" and beefy. A coworker told me that after a certain size forearm, a person could twist the plastic wrist cuffs back and forth and break them that way.

By the way, the copilot tricked him into leaving the cockpit because the guy apparently stood up and started randomly flicking switches and saying gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    Just because he couldn't get into the cockpit doesn't mean that he couldn't have hurt or killed one of the passengers or the airline staff. The copilot definitely was smart about locking him out and the passengers that subdued him may have saved someone's life, including the pilot himself.
    Exactly. The passengers did the right thing.
    I don't think he was on drugs, I think he had a complete breakdown.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information