Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Jehovah Witness dad battles school district

I feel sorry for JWs too. Even when they come to my door. They've never been rude or pushy (beyond disturbing people at home, of course). My brother has a JW friend, and he couldn't be nicer.

The child shouldn't have to sing the songs, but the school says she wasn't made to, so who knows? I am not familiar with them, but I would have assumed they were just folk songs, too, and being that restrictive over every little thing seems like a good way to ensure the children will grow up resenting their religion and leave it as soon as they are grown.

I also think it is cruel to drag your kids door to dorr knowing darn well someone, somewhere might be a little rude to you.
    By accident one saw me naked. I was getting out of the shower and the door bell rung and I thought it was my friend, so I went to the top of the steps to ask them for a second and she peaked her head thru the mail slot and said "I am not your friend, but I can help you!" Every time they came back to my block after that, she never knocked on my door!
    McJag likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hmm. Maybe we should all flash them.
    *DIVA! likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

oh, fuck right off with that shit! I didn't like skipping in Kindergarten because it was fucking stupid... so I didn't do it - until the last day of Kindergarten. How are kids being "forced" to sing? They aren't. Now go find something REAL to be offended over.
    Sarzy and Mercer like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Maybe I'm too cynical, but the sentence "The family has considered private education and homeschooling, but Salcedo said those options were not financially possible.", pretty much made me think that they are trying to get money from somewhere. Not to mention that he wanted to tape record the meeting, and canceled it when he wasn't allowed to record it.

Ugh I have been mad and JW since I was a young kid babysitting my sisters and they basically pushed their way into my house. To each his own but leave me alone at home!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Suck it up princess!
    this. so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but jw drive me insane. Besides having been woken up by them, I find (at least the ones I know) to be hypocritical. I worked with one and she would never contribute anything to our holiday parties, but would eat all the food the next day because it wasn't the day of the party. As if that made any fucking difference. I put a stop to that real quick. She would also buy the Easter candy the day after at half price because it was no longer Easter. What the hell kind of sense is that. Birthday cake the day after was also okay to eat. Wtf?
    same. the waking me up thing is the worst. motherfuckers, do you think there is any chance in hell i will join your fucking religion if you come to my door on saturday morning, the first day i get to sleep in after an entire work week?

i went to school in canada and my school was all crunchy granola and it was all about celebrating all the different cultures and religions represented in the class. we made menorahs, christmas stuff, sang songs about dreidels, sang folk songs, had halloween, one week we had parents bring in stuff that was representative of their culture so the japanese kids' parents brought typical japanese food - first time i tried seaweed. the vegan kid's parents brought us animals made out of veggies. one kid's mother taught us calligraphy.
    no one got offended. no one thought their kids were being converted or that their religion wasn't being respected.
    KrisNine, sluce, McJag and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    WTF kind of religion doesn't let you eat cake?!?!? That's just evil!
    Thank you!!! LOL. Maybe that's why I developed eating issues later in life that centered around cake? Hmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Yeah, me too nwgirl. I'm still pissed off about it. Of all the things going on in the world and your religion is most worried about holding 1 day above another it is time to reexamine your religion.
    Totally agree. Also, I always felt it wasn't so much about them being worried about having other beliefs pushed on us, more than they didn't want us to experience the other side of life or realize there was more out there than a very restrictive, cultish existence.
    Butterfly and *DIVA! like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but jw drive me insane. Besides having been woken up by them, I find (at least the ones I know) to be hypocritical. I worked with one and she would never contribute anything to our holiday parties, but would eat all the food the next day because it wasn't the day of the party. As if that made any fucking difference. I put a stop to that real quick. She would also buy the Easter candy the day after at half price because it was no longer Easter. What the hell kind of sense is that. Birthday cake the day after was also okay to eat. Wtf?
    I also worked with a lady who was a JW. She wouldn't contribute either, but she'd come when we had service anniversaries or birthday cakes for others. Although, she said she could only eat the part of the cake that didn't have any writing on it. Go figure.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

I grew up (& still live) on the Jersey Shore. I remember the JW would show up in droves. They'd park their cars along our quiet little residential street dressed in their Sunday best and spread out through the neighborhood. One time our younger cousins were visiting from TN, and when we saw them, we started yelling "the Jehovas are coming, the Jehovas are coming, run and hide". They got hysterical crying because they didn't know what the Jehovas were and were petrified lol. Ahhh memories.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

You guys forgot to mention the blood transfusion thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    I grew up (& still live) on the Jersey Shore. I remember the JW would show up in droves. They'd park their cars along our quiet little residential street dressed in their Sunday best and spread out through the neighborhood. One time our younger cousins were visiting from TN, and when we saw them, we started yelling "the Jehovas are coming, the Jehovas are coming, run and hide". They got hysterical crying because they didn't know what the Jehovas were and were petrified lol. Ahhh memories.
    Now that is fucking hysterical.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    You guys forgot to mention the blood transfusion thing.
    I remember when I actually worked with patients, there was a man who had alcohol poisoning and pneumonia and he needed the transfusion to not only live but to regain his sanity... but nope his family were JW. He was in the hospital for several weeks
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

We could save a lot of money if we used them to deliver mail and do the census taking.
    msdeb and Mercer like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    We could save a lot of money if we used them to deliver mail and do the census taking.
    It would be the first year that the American population count showed as zero.
    Flygirl likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information