Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Intern killed by Lion at Fresno County Wild Cat Park

A*O

Surprising stat: there are more big cats held in captivity than exist in the wild worldwide. The problem now is that these "domesticated" animals are born in captivity and are totally unequipped for life in the wild and couldnt survive if released, so they stay in captivity, breed some more and the problem gets worse. It started with dumb people taking wild animals as "pets" in the first place. But they still have wild instincts as this woman discovered. Overall I'm with Team Lion.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Team Lion, myself. We've convinced ourselves that if we love animals, they love us back. That's not a healthy attitude when dealing with big cats. Shit, look at your house cat. If you were six inches tall, that feline would be named Death...of the cute torture-your-prey type.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

He basically treated her like a huge cat toy. My cats would do the same thing at a smaller level.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

such a sad story.
    i understand where you guys are coming from when saying you hate it when they kill animals after these incidents, and i'm totally on board with that when it's cases where they kill the animal hours or days later just for, basically, revenge. but the article said they were trying to distract the lion, which failed, and then they shot the lion to be able to help the woman. what else were they supposed to do? they didn't know it was already too late - were they just supposed to watch the lion maul her to death?

The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said that when the lion attacked, another employee at the sanctuary tried to distract him away from Hanson into another enclosure. "But all attempts failed," it said.
    A sheriff's deputy shot and killed the lion to reach Hanson and give her medical assistance. It was too late.
    rollo likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    such a sad story.
    i understand where you guys are coming from when saying you hate it when they kill animals after these incidents, and i'm totally on board with that when it's cases where they kill the animal hours or days later just for, basically, revenge. but the article said they were trying to distract the lion, which failed, and then they shot the lion to be able to help the woman. what else were they supposed to do? they didn't know it was already too late - were they just supposed to watch the lion maul her to death?
    Yeah, I get they shot the lion to try and save her. I was wondering if they didn't have a large tranquilizer gun instead, something fast acting. Maybe there just isn't one that acts quickly enough to save a person's life. As horrible as this is for her and her family, I don't think the lion deserved to die, but I understand they were trying to act fast.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Team Lion, myself. We've convinced ourselves that if we love animals, they love us back. That's not a healthy attitude when dealing with big cats. Shit, look at your house cat. If you were six inches tall, that feline would be named Death...of the cute torture-your-prey type.

Exactly. There have been times when I've given my own fur covered hell demons a wide berth because I know how much damage they can do (tip: never get caught in a four-way catfight while wearing shorts) so I'd never, ever consider looking at a lion or a tiger as a cuddly friend, regardless of how well it had behaved before.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Is it wrong that I let my dog sort out those cat fights? Those yowlings and moanings can go on all night (of course so does cat sex.) Releasing the hound makes for a good distraction.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information