Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Inconceivable: Flight Passenger Asked to Remove ‘Intimidating’ Inigo Montoya Tee

  1. #31
    Elite Member dolem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,205

    Default

    I saw this yesterday on Yahoo. I can't help myself and always look at comments, even though I know for the most part they are written (usually) by the lowest of the low and are so asinine. But....yesterday was the best ever! The top ten comments on the story were all quotes from The Princess Bride, it was amazing! I should have taken a screen shot because it was spectacular. I've never seen Yahoo comments come together in love of a movie.

    As for this guy. Well, maybe it wasn't the smartest choice to wear a shirt with the words, "prepare to die" on it. To be honest, though, I doubt the guy even considered people would be "intimidated" by his shirt. He probably thought it was awesome (because it is) and wore it. People need to pull the sticks out of the asses and move on, it was a t-shirt.
    faithanne likes this.

  2. #32
    Elite Member Lalique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The land of ice and snow
    Posts
    6,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    T-shirts are like clowns, they scare the shit out of me. I'm suprised that there hasn't been a horror movie made about a scary slogan t-shirt that forces unsuspecting wearers to go insane and take down jetplanes. The end of the movie would reveal that the t-shirt was actually controlled by some creepy albino in desperate need of a strepsil. Sounds almost inconceivable!
    Hear that, Hollyweird? Free movie plots from GR!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

  3. #33
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    Ok, that does it. I've got to watch this movie again for the 47th time. I was quoting it the other day (the prepare to die quote, actually) and my bf has NEVER SEEN IT. This must change.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  4. #34
    Elite Member DeChayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    it is so goddamned important to wear an obscure movie quote from the 80s
    Obscure?? OBSCURE??!! Blister thy tongue for such blasphemy! Every person I know, even those who have never seen the movie, know that quote and know where it's from.

  5. #35
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    24,150

    Default

    Maybe he should change into a Pulp Fiction T-shirt

    "Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

    But that movie is probably too old as well.
    SHELLEE and Flygirl like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  6. #36
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    13,939

    Default

    I've never seen the film or heard of that quote, but it wouldn't have bothered me. *shrug*

  7. #37
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    Just saw Princess Bride for the 1st time over the holidays. It was ok. Maybe I need to watch it again.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  8. #38
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Obscure?? OBSCURE??!! Blister thy tongue for such blasphemy! Every person I know, even those who have never seen the movie, know that quote and know where it's from.
    LOL

    You must not know many people, plenty of people have never seen it. Entertainment Weekly did an article once asking for the most memorable movie quote and it won much to the surprise of Stephen King. It's a well known quote but not everyone knows it. In fact many people have never seen it and some people who have seen the movie think it is a stupid overrrated film. So eh. It's annoying when people make the jobs of airline attendants even more difficult than it already is, the guy was cool about it though.

    Now Hear This | EW.com

  9. #39
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,843

    Default

    You can really make the job of an airline attendant more difficult by not being caucasian. Brown people should know better than to fly because they might make someone nervous.

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

  10. #40
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,365

    Default

    I would like to know the last terrorist/hijacker that announced his intentions on a t-shirt.
    Waterslide and JazzyGirl like this.

  11. #41
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You can really make the job of an airline attendant more difficult by not being caucasian. Brown people should know better than to fly because they might make someone nervous.
    ??? The guy was white? Why in the world would you bring race into it? Talk about a stretch!

  12. #42
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    ??? The guy was white? Why in the world would you bring race into it? Talk about a stretch!
    Wut?
    If you really are that dense and literal-minded, you're not long for this board...
    Aella likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  13. #43
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Maybe I'm that dense, what the in the hell does race have to do with it, unless you are making the racist stereotype yourself? The guy was white and it was a teeshirt. It said the airline attendant saw the shirt and never came back, perhaps someone saw part of the shirt with the top part being obscured by folds of fabric and just wondered what kind of person would get on a plane wearing a shirt that said "prepare to die." Once they understood it was in the context of a known movie quote the matter was dropped. Why in the world is this even in the news, other than it being sort of funny, it's not news.

  14. #44
    Gold Member eeyore0101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    983

    Default

    I know the quote, and would have gotten his tee shirt but.....we all know how touchy airlines are these days, whether you agree with it or not, there are certain things you don't do, like making bomb jokes, etc. People know this is the current atmosphere of airlines, and it would've been a smarter choice to wear something different. It can't really be compared to "brown people" flying (see above comment) because that's WHO they are. This guy isn't his shirt, wear it another day.

    We may not agree with airline strictness and people's fears, but it's dumb to push buttons when not necessary.
    birdie likes this.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

  15. #45
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,646

    Default

    I just can't................
    calcifer, sputnik and Snarker like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: December 6th, 2011, 04:37 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 26th, 2009, 11:25 PM
  3. Idiot comment gets passenger detained.
    By buttmunch in forum News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: September 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
  4. Air Marshalls shoot idiot passenger dead on flight to Orlando
    By LynnieD in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: December 9th, 2005, 01:57 PM
  5. Airline Passenger Was a 'Nice Guy'
    By browneyedgirly in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 8th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •