Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Inconceivable: Flight Passenger Asked to Remove ‘Intimidating’ Inigo Montoya Tee

I saw this yesterday on Yahoo. I can't help myself and always look at comments, even though I know for the most part they are written (usually) by the lowest of the low and are so asinine. But....yesterday was the best ever! The top ten comments on the story were all quotes from The Princess Bride, it was amazing! I should have taken a screen shot because it was spectacular. I've never seen Yahoo comments come together in love of a movie.

As for this guy. Well, maybe it wasn't the smartest choice to wear a shirt with the words, "prepare to die" on it. To be honest, though, I doubt the guy even considered people would be "intimidated" by his shirt. He probably thought it was awesome (because it is) and wore it. People need to pull the sticks out of the asses and move on, it was a t-shirt.
    faithanne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    T-shirts are like clowns, they scare the shit out of me. I'm suprised that there hasn't been a horror movie made about a scary slogan t-shirt that forces unsuspecting wearers to go insane and take down jetplanes. The end of the movie would reveal that the t-shirt was actually controlled by some creepy albino in desperate need of a strepsil. Sounds almost inconceivable!
    Hear that, Hollyweird? Free movie plots from GR!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Ok, that does it. I've got to watch this movie again for the 47th time. I was quoting it the other day (the prepare to die quote, actually) and my bf has NEVER SEEN IT. This must change.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    it is so goddamned important to wear an obscure movie quote from the 80s
    Obscure?? OBSCURE??!! Blister thy tongue for such blasphemy! Every person I know, even those who have never seen the movie, know that quote and know where it's from.

Maybe he should change into a Pulp Fiction T-shirt

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

But that movie is probably too old as well.
    SHELLEE and Flygirl like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I've never seen the film or heard of that quote, but it wouldn't have bothered me. *shrug*

Just saw Princess Bride for the 1st time over the holidays. It was ok. Maybe I need to watch it again.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Obscure?? OBSCURE??!! Blister thy tongue for such blasphemy! Every person I know, even those who have never seen the movie, know that quote and know where it's from.
    LOL

You must not know many people, plenty of people have never seen it. Entertainment Weekly did an article once asking for the most memorable movie quote and it won much to the surprise of Stephen King. It's a well known quote but not everyone knows it. In fact many people have never seen it and some people who have seen the movie think it is a stupid overrrated film. So eh. It's annoying when people make the jobs of airline attendants even more difficult than it already is, the guy was cool about it though.

Now Hear This | EW.com

You can really make the job of an airline attendant more difficult by not being caucasian. Brown people should know better than to fly because they might make someone nervous.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I would like to know the last terrorist/hijacker that announced his intentions on a t-shirt.
    Waterslide and JazzyGirl like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You can really make the job of an airline attendant more difficult by not being caucasian. Brown people should know better than to fly because they might make someone nervous.
    ??? The guy was white? Why in the world would you bring race into it? Talk about a stretch!

Quote Originally Posted by birdie View Post
    ??? The guy was white? Why in the world would you bring race into it? Talk about a stretch!
    Wut?
    If you really are that dense and literal-minded, you're not long for this board...
    Aella likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Maybe I'm that dense, what the in the hell does race have to do with it, unless you are making the racist stereotype yourself? The guy was white and it was a teeshirt. It said the airline attendant saw the shirt and never came back, perhaps someone saw part of the shirt with the top part being obscured by folds of fabric and just wondered what kind of person would get on a plane wearing a shirt that said "prepare to die." Once they understood it was in the context of a known movie quote the matter was dropped. Why in the world is this even in the news, other than it being sort of funny, it's not news.

I know the quote, and would have gotten his tee shirt but.....we all know how touchy airlines are these days, whether you agree with it or not, there are certain things you don't do, like making bomb jokes, etc. People know this is the current atmosphere of airlines, and it would've been a smarter choice to wear something different. It can't really be compared to "brown people" flying (see above comment) because that's WHO they are. This guy isn't his shirt, wear it another day.

We may not agree with airline strictness and people's fears, but it's dumb to push buttons when not necessary.
    birdie likes this.
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

I just can't................
    calcifer, sputnik and Snarker like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information