Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene Is Headed For The East Coast

^^Subway goes back in business at 7 am.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Glad you are okay sluce. I was up until six this morning, and have slept fitfully throughout the day, obsessing over the news reports of this storm. I'm thinking of going up to 30th Street to look down on the river from the overpass to see how much of that bike trail got flooded out.
    I saw pics on NBC and on their website. The bike trail is under water from the looks of the pics. It should receed through the night though. Turns out it is only the 7th highest level for the river. Damn if we are going to be inconvenienced we should at least make history!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

That was disappointing. They called for heavy rain and it's just drizzling.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Bronze Member

Apparently even Irene didn't want to screw with Harlem. We had wind and rain and....nothing else. How anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by colormyworld View Post
    Apparently even Irene didn't want to screw with Harlem. We had wind and rain and....nothing else. How anticlimactic.
    Thank God.
    *Edit* I don't mean that in a religious way, just one of my sayings.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Thank God.
    *Edit* I don't mean that in a religious way, just one of my sayings.
    Yeah, I'm glad. I was getting cabin fever like crazy! I've been pretty much cracking nonstop jokes about it, but I really am happy nothing major happened here, considering what a lot of people had to deal with. But I think everything is fodder for poking fun, just make life more interesting. Have you seen these?

A critique of the various window sealing techniques, from an aesthetic standpoint:
    Window-Dressing the West Village and MePa for #Irene: A Case Study - Eric's posterous
    And a parody on Mayor Bloomburg, spanglish style! Twitter

I love NY!

Quote Originally Posted by colormyworld View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad. I was getting cabin fever like crazy! I've been pretty much cracking nonstop jokes about it, but I really am happy nothing major happened here, considering what a lot of people had to deal with. But I think everything is fodder for poking fun, just make life more interesting. Have you seen these?

A critique of the various window sealing techniques, from an aesthetic standpoint:
    Window-Dressing the West Village and MePa for #Irene: A Case Study - Eric's posterous
    And a parody on Mayor Bloomburg, spanglish style! Twitter

I love NY!
    Tape does not stop windows from breaking, it just prevents little shards of glass from flying everywhere.

My favorite on the Gulf shore was an art store. He would do a giant spiderweb and spider. Very striking, in black tape.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Things look pretty bad in Vermont and New Hampshire. Lot of flooding there

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I saw pics on NBC and on their website. The bike trail is under water from the looks of the pics. It should receed through the night though. Turns out it is only the 7th highest level for the river. Damn if we are going to be inconvenienced we should at least make history!
    LOL. I know, right? I went out there tonight around 630 or so. I was told that last light the water had covered the railroad tracks - and there were tons of debris beneath two of the underpasses - including several large logs. But the currents were very strong and it was weird to see parts where I'm used to walking under ten feet of water.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

My mom called and though some of the roads are flooded, the house and kitties are fine. I fretted and overreacted for nothing.

Minimal damage here. Trains are suspended through Monday so I can't get to work. No work = no pay. Oh well. Could be much much worse.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    My mom called and though some of the roads are flooded, the house and kitties are fine. I fretted and overreacted for nothing.
    Pleased to hear the kitties are okay Brah; I'd have "fretted" too.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

So I spoke waaay too soon yesterday. Despite the storm being blown out by midmorning, hightide hit about noon and now this is what my parents' neighborhood looks like.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the front of my aunt's house, she's about 30 feet back off a 10 goot seawall.

^^That's the seawall I walked with the dogs. My cousin's house is the one at the very far of the picture.

This is a local yacht club/boatyard. Everything from the front of the little house and out towards me is street.

Oh,Charmed! Those pictures really bring home how bad this all was. Stay safe and I hope damage to your relatives homes is not as bad as it looks. Hugs.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It's scary when you see all that water just covering everything you normally take for granted.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information