Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horrific picture of drowned diver captured in underwater tourist snap

Base jumping, shooting, juggling fire...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Watson, a 34-year-old bubble wrap salesman, is accused of murdering his bride of 11 days, Tina Thomas, during a Townsville wreck dive in 2003.
    seriously?
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Nearly all defence teams ask the fucking judge to grant a mistrial once the prosecution rests
    They actually make a motion for directed verdict, which is what was granted here. The defense must ask for it. A mistrial is completely different and is not the same thing as an acquittal.

There were major problems with prosecuting this case in Alabama to begin with, imo.

Watson surfaced and was taken to the catamaran Spoilsport, where he "hung out" with crew, asked for a hug and went to his cabin while his dying wife underwent a 40 minutes resuscitation on an adjacent boat, Jazz II.

Watson only asked to be taken to his wife after she was dead.
    this is a HUGE red flag.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I think the problem here is that, when they found her, there was no sign that her apparatus had been interfered with. She had a full tank of oxygen, and her regulator was still in her mouth.

To me, one of the biggest red flags here is that I haven't heard of their being an autopsy report. For example, did she have water in her lungs? If she did, then, maybe he took her regulator off and drowned her and then surfaced. Except by looking at the photo, there were people all around who would have noticed a struggle.

Also, if you go unconscious, and you still have your regulator in, would you still breathe okay until your tank ran out and/or someone rescued you? I'm not a diver, so I don't know how that works.

One thing that Gabe Watson is definitely guilty of, and makes him look reprehensible and suspicious, is depraved neglect. It appears that he did nothing AT ALL to try to save her, despite specifically being trained to do so. And when they were trying to save her, he just walked away.

He ruled that evidence of an insurance payout was inadmissible because it was hearsay.
    He also ruled it out because it was proved not to have happened the way the prosecution was trying to claim:

To prove the financial motive needed for a capital conviction, the prosecution also presented evidence Friday that Watson filed a $45,000 lawsuit in Birmingham over denial of his claim on travel insurance he bought when booking the honeymoon trip to tour around Sydney and go diving.

The suit was dismissed, evidence showed. Under cross-examination, the insurance company lawyer said Watson's original insurance claim was for reimbursement of $10,000 in expenses after the trip was cut short by his wife's death.

Watson filed his lawsuit seeking additional money after the insurance company denied the claim, citing an exemption because the death involved scuba diving, then filed a pre-emptive suit against him that ultimately was dismissed, the lawyer said on cross-examination.
    And the prosecution's claimed motive for the murder- life insurance money, was incorrect, as her father was the life insurance beneficiary.

Sometimes the case is is the hands of an incompetent prosecution, and they fuck up the case with errors. That may be what happened here.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

On the insurance policies, I read that he had pressured her to make him the beneficiary on about $160,000 worth of policies that she had with her employer. In a way, that isn't too suspicious because one you're married it kind of stands to reason that your spouse would be the beneficiary instead of your parents.

Anyway, she didn't get around to changing the paperwork, so the policies still listed her father as the beneficiary.

I read another news story, by the way, where the pathologist who examined her said she did drown. Also, the theory of what Watson did was to shut off her air valve why they were swimming, and then swim away while she lost consciousness

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Sometimes the case is is the hands of an incompetent prosecution, and they fuck up the case with errors. That may be what happened here.
    This case was a platform for the prior AG here in Alabama who was a real showboater. He has since lost his elected position; however, the case went forward with the same Assistant AG, Valeska. The ball got rolling and gained too much momentum to just put the brakes on, I think.

I have some other opinions on this, but don't want to put myself out there on an open forum. But I'll say that I think that the case may have actually warranted the acquittal on directed verdict.

Some additional stuff I read was that he was originally charged with murder in Australia, and was theorized to have shut off his wife's oxygen supply and then bear hugged her from behind until she passed out.

However, Watson, pleaded down to manslaughter, with the charge being basically that he failed to save someone. That was good enough for an 18-month manslaughter sentence for him in Australia.

Tina Watson's dad, however, thought that Gabe was trying to commit a copycat murder based on a case that had happened just four years earlier. In that one, an experienced husband-wife diving couple had gone down on a dive and the wife had died. In Swain's case, there was a $630,000 insurance policy on his wife for which he WAS the beneficiary, and he had a mistress. At the time of the Watson drowning, Swain had not been charge or convicted of the crime.

By the way, here is another tidbit on what an a-hole Gabe Watson is:
    After being informed by her family that flowers and gifts were repeatedly being vandalized or disappearing from the grave site, even when chained down, a police officer investigated. On hidden surveillance videos, he witnessed Watson removing them with bolt cutters and throwing them in rubbish bins. Tina's grave was unmarked until 2009 when Watson provided it with a foot marker, prompting her father to request her body be returned for reburial. In 2011, the Probate Court removed Watson as administrator of Tina's estate, appointing her father who also wants her school and college pictures and yearbooks returned. Watson has appealed against the ruling and refused to provide the court with an inventory of Tina's possessions. Pending Watson's trial, the Circuit Court has ordered him to stay away from Tina's grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    This case was a platform for the prior AG here in Alabama who was a real showboater. He has since lost his elected position; however, the case went forward with the same Assistant AG, Valeska. The ball got rolling and gained too much momentum to just put the brakes on, I think.

I have some other opinions on this, but don't want to put myself out there on an open forum. But I'll say that I think that the case may have actually warranted the acquittal on directed verdict.

I hear you. Personally, I prefer when a judge leans this way, rather than the other. I feel we have way too much 'oh, he's totally guilty, string the bastard up from the nearest tree' based on nothing more than sensationalistic newspaper articles. Nancy Grace nation.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I hear you. Personally, I prefer when a judge leans this way, rather than the other. I feel we have way too much 'oh, he's totally guilty, string the bastard up from the nearest tree' based on nothing more than sensationalistic newspaper articles. Nancy Grace nation.
    The judge had a bit of freedom here too. Circuit judges are elected in Alabama (which is another rant of mine, because it inevitably leads to problems), but this case was in Jefferson County (Birmingham) with a Jefferson County judge. Tina Thomas Watson & Gabe Watson were from Huntsville in Madison County - Jefferson & Madison are in two totally separate circuits. It makes a difference, imo, when it's a judge who isn't making decisions in the circuit he has to garner votes. I strongly believe that sometimes it makes for a fairer decision. If circuit judges were appointed instead of elected, I think they'd have the freedom to follow the law more instead of pandering to the emotions of voters.

I think if I were a member of her family, I'd seriously be considering a hit man. What a reprehensible motherfucker.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I think if I were a member of her family, I'd seriously be considering a hit man. What a reprehensible motherfucker.
    Even if you don't think he murdered her, he is like the sh*ttiest husband ever, and the circumstances just look terrible:

1. She had a fling with someone shortly before they married - and he knew about it.

2. Pressured her to increase her life insurance and put it in his name

3. Despite being a rescue diver with 55 previous dives, he makes no attempt to save her.

4. Diver who does save her says that it took two seconds to inflate her emergency flotation device.

5. When they bring her to the surface, he walks away while they are trying to revive her.

6. Goes to Tina's employer and tries to collect on insurance that he falsely presumed had been re-designated to him.

7. Throws away items left at her graveside, even going so far as to use bolt cutters to detach items.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Even if you don't think he murdered her, he is like the sh*ttiest husband ever, and the circumstances just look terrible:

1. She had a fling with someone shortly before they married - and he knew about it.

2. Pressured her to increase her life insurance and put it in his name

3. Despite being a rescue diver with 55 previous dives, he makes no attempt to save her.

4. Diver who does save her says that it took two seconds to inflate her emergency flotation device.

5. When they bring her to the surface, he walks away while they are trying to revive her.

6. Goes to Tina's employer and tries to collect on insurance that he falsely presumed had been re-designated to him.

7. Throws away items left at her graveside, even going so far as to use bolt cutters to detach items.

Tina's employer testified that Gabe Watson tried to collect the life insurance - that he believed he was the beneficiary? And the judge has dismissed Tina's employer's statement as 'hearsay'? I'd always thought he killed her just because he's an evil fuck, but if Gabe Watson went to Tina's employer and expected to get money, then how can that be "hearsay"?

And FUCK YOU to Gabe Watson's father for saying that now his son has gotten away with it that everyone will "heal" - no wonder Gabe is as twisted fuck. Your son was regularly vandalising Tina's grave, but you think Tina's family should just get over it? I truly hope Gabe goes after you next.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Elite Member

So she had an fling right before the wedding. That seals it. No motive made sense other than this. Gabe has been acting like the injured party since the beginning, this is why. It also explains why even if he didn't cause her death, he left her to die.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information