Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible Hicks Ban Interracial Couples from Church

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This actually kind of figures. This is an area (Hatfields and McCoy area) where people were so insular that even certain WHITE people were unacceptable to white people. A person of color probably is perceived as some kind of intergalactic invasion.

I'd love to unearth each of their family trees. Can't be all pure lily white.

I bet they still believe in the Curse of Ham or black people were put on earth by God as "Beasts of Burden" to serve the rest of the world too. Yes, I've heard of churches that teach such vile filth from the pulpit. SMH
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; December 2nd, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church: Kentucky Congregation Overturns Ban On Interracial Couples
    PIKEVILLE, Ky. — An eastern Kentucky church under a firestorm of criticism since members voted to bar mixed-race couples from joining the congregation overturned that decision Sunday, saying it welcomes all believers.

Stacy Stepp, pastor of the Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church in Pike County, told The Associated Press that the vote by nine people last week was declared null and void after it was determined that new bylaws can't run contrary to local, state or national laws. He said the proposal was discriminatory, therefore it couldn't be adopted.

Stepp said about 30 people who attended church services voted on a new resolution that welcomes "believers into our fellowship regardless of race, creed or color."

The issue came up at the tiny all-white Appalachian church after the daughter of church secretary Dean Harville visited over the summer with her boyfriend, who is from Africa, and the two sang for the congregation.

Harville said he was approached in August by Melvin Thompson, the church member who crafted the resolution to bar mixed-race couples, and was told that his daughter and her boyfriend were no longer allowed to sing at the church.

Thompson has said he is not racist and called the matter an "internal affair."

Stepp said the Sandy Valley Conference of Free Will Baptists declared the vote on Thompson's resolution null and void during a meeting on Saturday.

He said he told church members on Sunday about the decision and proposed a resolution to promote "peace, love and harmony."

He said the resolution to welcome all believers passed with a unanimous vote.
    Gulnare Free Will Baptist Church: Kentucky Congregation Overturns Ban On Interracial Couples
    Like it matters now. The whole world knows they're bigoted assholes already.

We don't go to church, but I'd love to march in there with my German fiance.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

^What a lovely picture! You guys are cute together.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

aw, you guys are adorable!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

mjw
    Elite Member

Cute pic.

I'm from Kentucky and assure you we are not all that backwards. There are still a lot of dumb shits around though. My sister is in a interracial relationship and you would be amazed how many times she has to stop someone from saying something hateful.

My guidance counselor in high school told me that I should stay away from black boys because they liked to prey on white girls. She said they knew how to manipulate us and just wanted to use us for sex. I was told if I dated a black guy, I would spend the rest of my life wishing I would have listened.

Stupid bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Whoa! Check you out PBS!!!! Beautiful! (& your fiancÚ isn't bad...) you look great together.
    Free Charmed.

Wow, bunny. You two are HOT.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    You are soooo pretty and I love Germans! Definately a great combo!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yay yay! Thank you! I am so happy. I met him at a mutual friends party in 2009, which was the same year he started work in the USA. I'm happy. We're happy. We HATE, hate. His ma, grandmas and grandpa, sister, family and his friends in Thuringia like me. His mom shed tears when I dropped her off at the airport when she left the states. She doesn't speak English, and I speak probably 10% German.
    No problemo with my family either. Interracial relationships go back generations in my family. I'm mixed but in the USA, you are what you look like.
    My point is, there are different races and religions on this Earth. Shut up and love each other. Damn!
    Last edited by pinkbunnyslippers; December 14th, 2011 at 05:18 AM.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information