Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Home-schooled girl to lawmakers: Vote down same sex marriage for my birthday

I've met a few but none of them were religious nuts. They were people whose parents wanted to expose them to more than they'd get in a school, not less.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I've met a few but none of them were religious nuts. They were people whose parents wanted to expose them to more than they'd get in a school, not less.
    I've met some like this too. A couple who decided for themselves to go back to school when they were older.

But sadly, living where I do, the majority of people I see...especially with small kids...are home schoolers because they're religious nuts.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I would like to do something like this. Half and half. Expose them to the world and different cultures, but send them to school for math and science

Bronze Member

Helloww...it's her 15th birthday!

She tottally deserves that gift.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Just give her a fucking range rover so she'll shut up.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

She deserves a gift of a punch in the face (not that I'm condoning violence against children - I'd wait til she's 18).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^Why wait, she's talking like she's all adult and can really grasp the true issue at hand lol.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Fuck her, her mama, their pastor, the people who marched, and all the black people and pastors in Maryland who are against this because they are fucking stupid, idiotic hateful whores!!

I heard so much 'Adam and Steve" bs this week that I turned red!! So, they can all choke on a phatty for all I care!! They have their mistresses, their misteresses, and everything in between, but for the life of me I do not understand why they can't mind their own business!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Diva, darling. It's because good people are naturally and justifiably concerned with how other people meet their sexual needs. If people aren't supervised, scrutinized and corrected, they will run amok and submit to unnatural and morally reprehensible acts of perversion because they're being controlled by the prince of darkness.

I believe we should all protect the moral codes of our neighborhoods by spending at least one hour per night peeking in our neighbors' bedroom windows to make sure there is nothing unseemly going on. I mean, think of the children.
    Lenny likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Fuck her, her mama, their pastor, the people who marched, and all the black people and pastors in Maryland who are against this because they are fucking stupid, idiotic hateful whores!!

I heard so much 'Adam and Steve" bs this week that I turned red!! So, they can all choke on a phatty for all I care!! They have their mistresses, their misteresses, and everything in between, but for the life of me I do not understand why they can't mind their own business!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Diva, darling. It's because good people are naturally and justifiably concerned with how other people meet their sexual needs. If people aren't supervised, scrutinized and corrected, they will run amok and submit to unnatural and morally reprehensible acts of perversion because they're being controlled by the prince of darkness.

I believe we should all protect the moral codes of our neighborhoods by spending at least one hour per night peeking in our neighbors' bedroom windows to make sure there is nothing unseemly going on. I mean, think of the children.
    Omg, I just laughed so hard I woke up my husband.

I bet your neighbor saw you do it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My husband's parents were religious nuts who home schooled and would love this kid's statement. I can only be grateful that he ran screaming into the airforce as soon as he turned 18 and never looked back, rather than turning into a sanctimonious naive twathead.

Never talking to people who disagree with you is a dangerous thing.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i thought you would post 'racist skank'.

has anyone ever met a really well-rounded, educated home-schooled person? i'm curious.
    My neighbors have four children that they've homeschooled. Their dad is a police officer, mom works at Target. I've never in my life met such amazingly behaved children. They are incredibly smart, too. Their father is very much a naturalist, and has taugh them just about everything possible about nature and animals. Anytime my children spend playing with theirs has always been a positive experience.
    Actually, my ex and I are looking into a half school, half homeschool option. They are both In private schools, and we truly think that in the 8hours they spend locked up, we can expose them to so much more. They love their schools and positively flourish (my four year old speaks Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and Japanese!). Ex and I are both self employed, time and money isn't really an issue. Also, I have a degree in psychology and education, so I feel like I'm somewhat qualified to offer them a decent education.

Gold Member

Sucks to be "Sarah" todayGood job Maryland!

Maryland Senate approves same-sex marriage bill - CNN.com

The Maryland Senate voted Thursday evening to legalize same-sex marriage, the latest sign of growing national recognition of such unions among gay and lesbian couples.

Gov. Martin O'Malley has pledged to sign the bill into law, which was approved last week by the House of Delegates.

"All children deserve the opportunity to live in a loving, caring, committed, and stable home, protected equally under the law," O'Malley said in a statement after the vote.
    The Maryland vote comes less than two weeks after Washington legislators voted to legalize same-sex marriage. That measure will take effect in the summer if it survives a likely court challenge.

Six states and the District of Columbia already issue same-sex marriage licenses -- Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont. Five states -- Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, New Jersey and Rhode Island -- allow civil unions that provide rights similar to marriage.

New Jersey lawmakers approved same-sex marriage this month, but Gov. Chris Christie vetoed the legislation. He has said voters should decide the issue in a statewide referendum.

Voters in Minnesota and North Carolina, meanwhile, will consider proposals in November to ban gay marriage in those states. New Hampshire lawmakers may also consider a repeal of its same-sex marriage law, according to the National Organization for Marriage, which opposes same-sex marriage. Lawsuits seeking to expand civil unions or turn back laws banning same-sex marriages are working through the courts in at least 12 states, including Hawaii, Minnesota and California, the organization said.

The flurry of activity is a stark change from two decades ago, when the issue of same-sex marriage first gained national attention. Just a decade ago, no states allowed such unions.

In 1996, when Congress defined marriage solely as a union between a man and a woman, 68% of Americans opposed same-sex marriage, with just 27% in favor, according to polling by Gallup. By May 2011, the lines had crossed, with 53% of Americans in favor and 45% opposed, according to the organization.

In November, the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press reported a more divided public -- 46% in favor of same-sex marriages and 44% opposed. But Pew also said the uptick in support seems to be gaining steam, having jumped 9 percentage points in two years.

The shifting attitudes have emboldened proponents of same-sex marriage.

"There's no question that with so many Americans having changed their minds and opened their hearts as they've heard the stories of real couples and thought about why marriage matters, we now have tremendous momentum towards ending marriage discrimination," said Evan Wolfson, president of Freedom to Marry, which favors recognizing a right to marriage for gay couples.

"We could see a nationwide victory as soon as one to two years. It could also take as much as 10 years."

Opponents disagree. Citing the 31 states in which voters have approved measures defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman, National Organization for Marriage President Brian Brown said he doesn't believe polls saying that a majority of Americans now support same-sex marriage.

"The reality is that in these 31 states, everywhere we've had a vote, is that voters have said they believe marriage is an institution between a man and a woman," Brown said.

Same-sex marriage became a national issue in 1993, after the Hawaii Supreme Court ruled that a ban on same-sex marriages violated the state constitution.

Legislation was introduced recently to allow same-sex marriages in Illinois, and bills from 2011 remain technically active in Hawaii and Minnesota, said Jack Tweedie of the National Council of State Legislatures. It's unclear whether any will see significant action, he said.

An effort is also underway to put a proposal to legalize same-sex marriage on the November ballot in Maine, where voters previously overturned a 2009 state law authorizing same-sex marriage.

In California, meanwhile, a federal appeals court recently ruled against a voter-passed referendum that outlawed same-sex marriage. It said such a ban was unconstitutional and singled out gays and lesbians for discrimination. The case appears to be eventually headed to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Brown said Democratic legislatures -- not voters -- have been behind most of the recent action on same-sex marriage. Upcoming ballot initiatives will give voters an opportunity to refute the polling, and Brown says they will.

"What you will see is that there will be a vote in states representing all the different regions of this country and people are going to have the chance to say, emphatically, 'No'," Brown said.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

She's a twatwaffle, I hope she was physically slapped with the bill, ha!
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information