Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Hasbro is offering to exchange Play-Doh toy that looks like a penis (NSFW?)Hahah

I get that parents may not have as much of a sense of humor about it (it makes me giggle like a 12-year-old) but it's true that the repression we have about this is over the top. It's not healthy. Sex and private parts are natural, there's an appropriate time/place, etc. it shouldn't be this big a deal.

Remove the offending toy from your kid's play-doh set if you feel the need, and laugh about it.
    czb and Kittylady like this.

^Seriously! My parents would've laughed at this and let me play with it anyway. Adults are the ones that assign such horrible connotations to genitals, kids don't care and don't know. If you don't want your kid playing with a little plastic play doh dick, then take it away. But it's nothing to get in an uproar about.
    sputnik likes this.

Looks like a big fat dick to me.. what was it supposed to be?
    greysfang and CornFlakegrl like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Gawker had posted some great comments from customers about this. One of them was something like "dough gets caught in the device, and you have to blow on it to remove the clay."

If you go to Amazon, here are some comments:

I bought this for the collector value of the "extractor"

Warning: Excessive playing with the extruder may cause blindness.

The extruder works great with all colors but for some reason the white play doh shoots out of it in spurts, not a steady stream

For some reason, the extruder keeps turning up missing. But luckily my wife always ends up finding it. The Play-Doh always comes out of the ribbed extruder with a nice creamy texture. Caution: don't push I and out on the extruder to fast or hard, or it will release it's contents way too soon.

Had a piece in there that I had to take out because of its resemblance to a male body party. [I think this was actually a sincere typo.]

Brookie and Kathie_Moffett like this.

It's the whole making of something "wrong/inappropriate/forbidden" that makes people obsessed with a thing. Often in an unhealthy manner that wouldn't have been the case otherwise. That's where you get weirdo kid-touchers or guys who want to chop women up and store them in the freezer.

Let the kids play with their penis toys and have a laugh about it. What's the big damn deal about something looking like a penis? As someone who has been surrounded by men/boys all my life here's a fact: Every single stick-like object that finds its way into their hands becomes one of two things when they are horsing around: A weapon. Or a dick.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It seems to take a side on the circumcised/uncircumcised debate. That is just wrong!
    Kittylady likes this.

It may be a choking hazard.
    Brookie, sputnik, Flygirl and 5 others like this.

I would have laughed. I wouldn't have taken it from my five year old because she would have been clueless.

However, there is no mistaking what that looks like / represents. Either Hasbro thought it would be funny to put dicks in a kid's toy or they hoped for the publicity.

Bet these end up collectors items.
    Kittylady likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    It's the whole making of something "wrong/inappropriate/forbidden" that makes people obsessed with a thing. Often in an unhealthy manner that wouldn't have been the case otherwise. That's where you get weirdo kid-touchers or guys who want to chop women up and store them in the freezer.

Let the kids play with their penis toys and have a laugh about it. What's the big damn deal about something looking like a penis? As someone who has been surrounded by men/boys all my life here's a fact: Every single stick-like object that finds its way into their hands becomes one of two things when they are horsing around: A weapon. Or a dick.
    This! Granted I don't have kids myself but I've been around kids enough to know that a Cheeto in the hands of a five year old boy can become a hysterically funny fake dick in their eyes, just the same as asking a 40-something male to throw out the cardboard tube from a used up kitchen roll will inevitably result in it being clasped to their groin and waggled at you.

Also I had a Playdoh Mop Top Hair Shop as a kid and my brother and I howled with laughter more than once when we stuffed the inside of the plastic tube people with Play Doh, then sat them in the barbers chair and cranked the handle so that a plastic bung pushed up through the seat, into their arse and squeezed the Play Doh out through hair holes in their heads while we made the appropriate Hnnnnnng! noises.

Pee, poop and private parts. The essentials of that comedy gold of childhood - toilet humour.
    missbazilb and Serendipity like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

We had that as kids too! Our version was called the "Fuzzy Pumper Barbershop".
    Kittylady and Serendipity like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

And yes, my brother also waggled these about.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

In the 1970s, our parents would've gotten stoned and then had a good laugh about it.

Meanwhile, I think a few generous antique dealers ought to give some of those outraged parents one of these:

Kittylady likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

OMG, my mom had that when I was a kid. We used it every Christmas!!
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information