Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl abducted in 1991 found alive

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Who wants to bet that Oprah, Diane Sawyer and the rest of those types are already trying to sew up an interview and that the publishing houses are creaming themselves over the rights to this story?
    As we have already seen in this media obsessed world of ours, no one is above the chance to earn some dollars and publicity regardless of the situation. Not even the victims themselves.

Expect to see the People magazine cover story, Larry King, the whole shebang as everyone involved tries to make a buck.

$$$ trumps all moral qualms.

I wish the step father would stop giving interviews and just say no comment.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I wish the step father would stop giving interviews and just say no comment.
    Me, too. I wonder if the mother asked him to speak to the media because she doesn't want to do it?

Or if being accused years ago, losing his wife, and now being left out of the picture of reuniting with JLD just has him seeking some attention?

It seems like he could use some of the help from psychologists etc. that everyone else is getting. He has been through way too much.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

^^ The hell he went through after being accused - we cannot imagine.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

In in interview on KFI 640 AM, he said he was the unofficial spokesperson for the family while Jaycee's mom was up north with her. He hasn't seen her nor does he expect to anytime soon because the family needs to go through all those processes to become re-acquainted. It appears Jaycee's mom called him to share the good news and they have communicated a little since Jaycee was found.

fgg

this story is so confusing. so the kids are weirdos who were locked up in the yard or they were mingling in society? how could all of the people see them and not do anything?

ANTIOCH, California (CNN) -- In many respects, Jaycee Dugard and her two daughters lived an unremarkable public life -- one that belied the horrifying circumstances that have since made front-page news.
    Dugard's daughters attend a birthday party two weeks ago. CNN has blurred their faces to protect their privacy.

Dugard, kidnapped 18 years ago in South Lake Tahoe, California, helped manage the small printing company her alleged captor, Phillip Garrido, ran from his home in Antioch, east of San Francisco.

Her two daughters, fathered by 58-year-old Garrido, attended birthday parties and, like many girls their age, shared a love for the TV show "Hannah Montana."

The media "made it seem like these little girls were living like wolves or jungle kids in the backyard dungeon. Perhaps that's it, but they didn't give that visual to me," said Cheyvonne Molino, who runs an auto wrecking yard with her husband.

Garrido would often bring the girls by the yard, delivering bottles of water on hot days.

The 11-year-old went by the name Angel and the 15-year-old, Starlet.
    "They were polite. They were well-mannered," Molino said.

Two weeks ago, the girls attended a birthday party for Molino's daughter, who turned 16. Again, they showed no signs of lives lived in turmoil.

Customers of Garrido's printing company, Printing for Less, knew the girls' mother as Allissa.

They spoke to her about graphic design, business cards and fliers, and describe her as professional, polite and responsive.

"She was always having a very pretty smile on the face," said Deepal Karunaratne, who had real estate brochures printed. "She comes and talks to me and was always smiling. She was a very pretty girl, a very pretty young lady."

The children, however, sometimes stood out.

"They were not dressed like average teenage girls. They were dressed very conservatively," Karunaratne said.

Another customer, Ben Daughdrill, sometimes corresponded with Dugard when he used the printing service for his junk-hauling business.

"Nothing stood out," he said. "Obviously, there was some brainwashing going on. That's all I can think. She had access to a phone and a computer, so obviously something went on that no one knows about."

Dugard's real identity was discovered last week and her alleged kidnappers -- Garrido, a registered sex offender, and his 55-year-old wife, Nancy -- were arrested. They face 29 felony charges, including rape and kidnapping, and both have pleaded not guilty.

Authorities said the Garridos held Dugard and her daughters in a soundproof shed in the couple's overgrown, littered back yard.

Garrido told Karunaratne that he had a soundproof recording studio in the backyard, said Karunaratne, who described Garrido's music as "Christian, contemporary" and said some songs "were about love and romance."

Dugard and her mother and daughters have moved to an undisclosed location as they try to get reacquainted, said Carl Probyn, Dugard's stepfather. A team of psychologists and several law enforcement officers are with them, he said.

Now, three northern California law enforcement agencies have joined the investigation.

Authorities brought cadaver dogs to search the property next door, as they tried to determine whether Garrido was connected to a string of unsolved slayings of prostitutes in the 1990s. Several of the women's bodies were dumped near a park where Garrido worked at the time.

"What we also know is that Phillip Garrido had access to that property," said Jimmie Lee, spokesman for the Contra Costa Sheriff's Department. "He used that property and it looks like he lived on that property in a shed."

As investigators and reporters delve into the case, more details emerge -- some horrifying, some commonplace.

At a hardware store that Garrido frequented, CNN found a receipt for a purchase he made on August 17.

He paid $24.99 for a pressure switch -- and left a $2 donation.

The recipient: the Children's Miracle Network, an organization dedicated to saving and improving the lives of kids.

I agree the stepfather must have gone through hell being one of the people under suspicion but I would still like to see him stop releasing so many details.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Not to be mean, but Starlet and Angel? Sheesh.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ Sigh. Yeah, those names are not really going to help them with integrating into society, are they? Very unfortunate.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Sounds like names an 11-year-old would think were cool.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I know two people named Angel in real life.

Starlet will probably have a rough time of it, though. Poor dear. I still wish they wouldn't have published their names.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

They'll probably all need new identities anyway. Another article I found spelled the one girl as "Starlite". Either way, ick but the least of their worries.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

I don't think Jaycee probably had a choice in naming them .
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Actually, Jaycee is pretty bad too.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I don't think Jaycee probably had a choice in naming them .
    I agree. The perv rapist father (of course) had to pick out stripper names!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information