Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Girl abducted in 1991 found alive

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    ^I just got way too worked up and refuse to go back to that thread but it does upset me that fingers are automatically pointed at the men- and yeah I get that it will always be this way and it will never change but I agree with you how it must have been unbearable for him, always wondering if people were thinking he had something to do with her disappearance.

It's also sad to think that her family's happiness will be short-lived as it's doubtful much of a relationship can be salvaged...
    I totally understood where you were coming from, but an investigation always has to start somewhere. The first thing is to exclude those closest to the victim, then they can investigate other leads. I know things got heated in that other thread, but it's not nec. man bashing to start at point one and then go from there. Yes, sitcom dads are the fumbling, lovable morons who can't do anything right (much to the amusement of all), but we live in such a sick (perverse) society that there has to be a starting point to figure all these hideous things out.

On to the current topic, this poor girl had been severely abused. There is just no way that the only normalcy she ultimately came to know (with the sickos) would allow her to "come forward." Add to that she probably was told that her parents gave her to them, they were not looking for her and if she made any move to leave them, she would never see her children again and this idea of not coming forward pisses me off as much as her being taken in the first place.
    WE NEED TO STOP BLAMING THE FUCKING VICTIM ALL THE GODDAMN TIME FOR THEIR CIRCUMSTANCES.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

So here's something that might be worth thinking about. This man, Phillip Garrido, was a convicted sex offender. He comes up on a quick search at this site, under Garrido, Phillip, California:

National Sex Offender Registry

This is something I never used to think much about, because I didn't have children. But now (1) my husband is legally required to look up local people in the databases, and (2) we almost purchased a house next door to a sex offender. We lost 1,500 dollars pulling out of that transaction, but so be it.

If the neighbor who thought Garrido was strange had known he was a sex offender, I wonder if he would've been more likely to follow up a bit on his suspicions? How many neighbors over the years knew his sex-offender status? None, I bet.

If you're in the U.S., why not go now and look up your area on the Web site I linked to, if you don't already know who all in your community or neighborhood is a registered sex offender and where they're living? The point of the registry is to alert people to the offenders' presence, but often we still don't know they're there.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

^^^You're right Shinola. It could have made a difference in this case.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I find it kind of sad that all the details of this are going to be made public, mainly because it's going to make it that much more difficult for the woman who was kidnapped and the two daughters to find some semblance of a normal life when all of this is said and done.

Hmmmm....just read that the structures built in the back yard could only be opened from the outside. Also, as far as her trying to escape I don't think we have any idea of how he might have threatened her. She was only 11 when she was abducted so I figure she was scared beyond words and after years of being cut off from the outside who knows where her mind was. Also, the two kids. She probably wanted to protect them and again, who knows what he told her he'd do if she tried to escape. He may even have been drugging her. This whole story is sad beyond words.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

This is such a tragedy.
    I don't even want to think about what that sick bastard did to his 2 daughters either.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I find it kind of sad that all the details of this are going to be made public, mainly because it's going to make it that much more difficult for the woman who was kidnapped and the two daughters to find some semblance of a normal life when all of this is said and done.

Hmmmm....just read that the structures built in the back yard could only be opened from the outside. Also, as far as her trying to escape I don't think we have any idea of how he might have threatened her. She was only 11 when she was abducted so I figure she was scared beyond words and after years of being cut off from the outside who knows where her mind was. Also, the two kids. She probably wanted to protect them and again, who knows what he told her he'd do if she tried to escape. He may even have been drugging her. This whole story is sad beyond words.

Agree 100%. Authorities need to put a stop to any personal information about this poor woman being made public.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Yeah, it really breaks my heart that any chance they might have had to get a life together is probably shot, along with her kids. Bloody hell, this whole thing makes my head hurt. And right now there was a thing on a news update that older heathen saw and now he's peppering me with all sorts of questions. Not easy to answer some of them.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I think you just detach, especially after being sexually assaulted. Your mind just goes somewhere else. God knows what this child was told, she could have been told her parents were dead, or they didn't want her, or they would be hurt if she tried to run. I mean, Jessica Lunsford was kept in a closet for three days, and detectives walked past that closet while she was still alive. All she had to do was open the closet door, and she didn't. She died days later. I think they just become paralyzed with fear, and they are convinced if they do what they are told they won't be hurt anymore. Kids just don't grasp evil the way adults do. Its tremendously depressing.
    I agree. Elizabeth Smart didn't try to escape, and neither did Shawn Hornbeck, who was 11 when he was kidnapped, and 15 when found. Neighbors thought he was the pedo's son and he even spent time at their home alone but never said a word. I think their minds just go into survival mode and they're so mentally traumatized that escape isn't even an option.

Sadly, I can't imagine this woman will ever have a normal life again. Her 'real' family are strangers to her now. And to top it off, she has children who were raised in this situation too. Just unbelieveably tragic.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I don't want to think about it but how many children are out there , hidden in basements or sheds?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    OMG, this is just too awful for words, but I am very happy she was found alive.
    I know what you're saying, but sometimes there are worse things than death... just saying...
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

What really struck me is a quote from the step-dad? Mom?They said that the kidnapper had Jaycee longer than they had. They only had her for 11 years and he had her for 18. Chills.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

It's awful, there were two similar cases in Austria that were discovered these last two years, I hope they'll have the decency to protect those girls' identities and withhold their pictures from the press

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know what you're saying, but sometimes there are worse things than death... just saying...
    I hear ya...even though this might give hope to parents of other missing children--hope of what? That your child has been held as a sex slave for years, rather than dead? *shudder*
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    It's awful, there were two similar cases in Austria that were discovered these last two years, I hope they'll have the decency to protect those girls' identities and withhold their pictures from the press
    I also thought of the girl in Austria. I believe authorities have not released any photos or information about them and the entire family is in seclusion, much like the witness protection program. This is so they can try to have some normalcy in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by mella View Post
    I don't want to think about it but how many children are out there , hidden in basements or sheds?
    Ugh, I think about that too when these stories come out...

It's really interesting how Garrido says he's glad it turned out like this, that he got caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    I hear ya...even though this might give hope to parents of other missing children--hope of what? That your child has been held as a sex slave for years, rather than dead? *shudder*
    Those are the kind of parents that don't turn the life support system off when the kid is in a PVS. That's not living...

This woman will need YEARS of psychriatric help, and her kids are older than she was when she was abducted.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information