Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Fury over school bus video: Bus monitor "bullied"

Well it's obviously not how it works there. Bottom line, she doesn't need to put up with that shit. She's a senior citizen doing a shit job for almost no money when she should be freaking retired, surrounded by the horrible brats of people better off than her.
    Tati, hustle4alivin, McJag and 1 others like this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Brats who kept telling her that she is poor, as if any of them have done anything to earn a living.

If she complained to the driver they may have turned the bus around. Then all the kids would late and parents waiting for them would be angry. It's a middle school which means that same bus probably goes right back out and does a round for the elementary school so they would all be backed up too. Then parents would be really pissed if they were inconvenienced because a woman couldn't handle being made fun of by some kids. She was in a no win situation and handled it well.

On the national news tonight, they said she lives within blocks of the kids who abused her. Guess she isn't so poor afterall. The houses they were walking in front of are in a nice, clean, middle class neighborhood. It was nothing special. I really hope the the little shits didn't know her son committed suicide when they taunted her with that.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Brats who kept telling her that she is poor, as if any of them have done anything to earn a living.

If she complained to the driver they may have turned the bus around. Then all the kids would late and parents waiting for them would be angry. It's a middle school which means that same bus probably goes right back out and does a round for the elementary school so they would all be backed up too. Then parents would be really pissed if they were inconvenienced because a woman couldn't handle being made fun of by some kids. She was in a no win situation and handled it well.

On the national news tonight, they said she lives within blocks of the kids who abused her. Guess she isn't so poor afterall. The houses they were walking in front of are in a nice, clean, middle class neighborhood. It was nothing special. I really hope the the little shits didn't know her son committed suicide when they taunted her with that.
    I don't think we're as far apart in our views on this situation as it seems. Those kids were HORRIBLE to her, and she didn't punch them in the nose like a lot of us would have been tempted to. That said, I find it difficult to believe that there isn't a policy in place to deal with incidents like this (whether they involve a school official or another student) and if there isn't, then there needs to be and the administration should be called on it.

I come from a family of educators. Growing up, all of my parents friends were teachers and all of my friends parents were teachers. I have heard just about every complaint in the world about "these kids today" and the lack of parental responsibility. What I am not familiar with is letting some 13 year old little shit get the better of you (or at least letting him know he got the better of you). If I were a parent, I would much rather be inconvenienced by the bus running late one day because a situation had to be dealt with than have my kid witness or be a victim of the kind of bullying that was shown in this video on a repeated basis because someone was afraid to make these kids face the consequences of being assholes. Or get away with it, if he were one of the participants.
    Last edited by stella blue; June 21st, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I really hope the the little shits didn't know her son committed suicide when they taunted her with that.
    I bet they did. That's why they said it IMO. Assholes.

If one of my hypothetical kids did something like this, I'd have to take a long hard look at how and why I failed miserably as a parent. I can't imagine what kind of parents raised these monsters.

I wonder if she'll have to pay tax on those donations?
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Probably.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    An apology would be a start!

If this were my kid, he/she would do some hard time and it would be at Karen's house, every Saturday, starting at 8am to 4pm (8 hour workday, get used to it chump!). Mow her lawn, wash her car, paint her front door.... whatever the fuck she tells you to do. All summer long at least.

And that's just off the top of my head.
    That's a great idea.

Probably.
    No I don't think so in this case. Don't really know the specifics, but the gifts have a cap where they aren't taxed. Maybe the limit has been reached, but as a part of the repeal of the inheritance tax some leniency was included for gifts.

I read a post about it earlier today. Let's see if I can find it again...
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Does anyone else think those 12 year olds should not be allowed to call her "Karen"?
    She is an elderly Grandmother, not their pal.
    I never called any of my teachers or any other adult person in the school system by their first name.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

They should call her Miss Karen at the very least.

I believe she will be taxed but at the gift tax rate. The first 12-13k will be tax free through. The reality could get much more oluted though. I wonder if the guy who set up the account has to set up an actual charitable fund. He is in Canada. Odd situation but hopefully, a good accountant in her area will help her out.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

No I don't think so in this case. Don't really know the specifics, but the gifts have a cap where they aren't taxed. Maybe the limit has been reached, but as a part of the repeal of the inheritance tax some leniency was included for gifts.

I read a post about it earlier today. Let's see if I can find it again...
    I hope she doesn't.

Bronze Member

An apology would be a start!

If this were my kid, he/she would do some hard time and it would be at Karen's house, every Saturday, starting at 8am to 4pm (8 hour workday, get used to it chump!). Mow her lawn, wash her car, paint her front door.... whatever the fuck she tells you to do. All summer long at least.

And that's just off the top of my head.
    Totally agree! This is how my mom taught myself, and my sisters, to respect others.

The indiegogo fund is almost 400k. I bet she receives a couple million by the time the donation period expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I wonder if she'll have to pay tax on those donations?
    No, the recipient of a gift does not pay tax. Anyone can give any one single person up to the annual exemption of $13,000 without any tax implications. If someone did donate over $13,000 no actual tax is paid until the donor's lifetime exemption of $5,000,000 is exhausted. But even if the lifetime limit is exhausted, the tax rate is 35%, paid by the gift giver.
    Kat Scorp likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

That is great news Montana!

Does anyone have some kids that will come over and insult me? I'll split the proceeds.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information