Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Fury over school bus video: Bus monitor "bullied"

Well she's a better person than me. I still have not watched the video, I just can't deal with shit like that. I've already been teary eyed enough today because of certain threads.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

This woman just brought me to tears. She is such a class act.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Greece Bus Monitor Doesn't Want To Press Charges

Updated: 4:38 pm

Greece, N.Y.- At a press conference Thursday, Greece Police said school bus monitor Karen Klein does not want to file criminal charges against the four students accused of bullying her on the school bus Monday.

A 10 minute-long video recorded by a student Monday includes vulgar and often vicious remarks aimed at 68-year-old Klein.

In the press conference Thursday, Greece Police said the four students involved are all seventh graders at Greece Athena Middle School.

Greece Police Captain Steve Chatterton said in New York State in order to charge someone under the age of 13, the action must rise to the level of a crime and they are still trying to detemine if a crime occurred.

"A lot of criminal prosecution relates to how you feel and how she interprets the threats and when your victim is telling you she doesn't feel threatened, well we picked up on that and thought we'd be able to move on that and bring that to the level of a misdemeanor," Chatterton said. "But based on her statement we were not able to do that."
    Police spoke with Klein at her home on Thursday about her options and she decided not to file charges at this time.

Klein told 13WHAM that she is happy with the Greece Central School District's response to the situation and will let the school handle the disciplinary action against the students.

"Certainly the behavior is a clear violation of our code of conduct and will not be tolerated, disciplinary action to the fullest extent appropriate under New York State law will be taken," said Assistant Schools Superintendent Deborah Hoeft. "However as we discussed yesterday, it is not appropriate to discuss the consequences that will result for any student."

Police said the students and their families have been cooperative, no one has denied accountability, and they are taking responsibility for their actions. Chatterton also added that the students' families have been threatened.

In response to the bus driver's role, Chatterton said the driver did not know the incident was going on at the time because it happened in the back of the school bus.

Hoeft said the district has received thousands of phone calls and emails from people across the world since the incident. And the district is working to make sure something like this never happens again.

Greece Bus Monitor Doesn't Want To Press Charges - Rochester, News, Weather, Sports, and Events - 13WHAM.com
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    This woman just brought me to tears. She is such a class act.
    I'm sure she is a very nice lady, and she in no way deserves to be treated like those kids treated her, but her job was to keep the hellions under control on the bus and she failed miserably. What if those boys were taunting another student like that? Would they listen to her telling them to stop? Doubtful.

I'd like to think that most kids wouldn't act like this if left alone. I don't know what happened here, but it sounded like some pack mentality that kept escalating and that they were feeding off each other.

It's like the police are there to keep order, but when people get together and lose their shit, there's only so much they can do before they have to start getting physical.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

ANY APOLOGIES YET???

I was just talking to my neighbor about this and we both couldn't possibly be more horrified. And then I told her that no one had apologized that I knew of---and she's like WTF??? HELLO PARENTS? TAKE THE LEAD HERE.

Good God, this makes me angrier and angrier the more I think of it and hear about this poor woman and how gracious she is. That woman deserves every cent. Good for her for taking the high road and being the ADULT in this.

And fucking apologize already.

An apology would be a start!

If this were my kid, he/she would do some hard time and it would be at Karen's house, every Saturday, starting at 8am to 4pm (8 hour workday, get used to it chump!). Mow her lawn, wash her car, paint her front door.... whatever the fuck she tells you to do. All summer long at least.

And that's just off the top of my head.
    Honey, Tati, Pleiades and 4 others like this.

Elite Member

[QUOTE=stella blue;2747775]I'm sure she is a very nice lady, and she in no way deserves to be treated like those kids treated her, but her job was to keep the hellions under control on the bus and she failed miserably. What if those boys were taunting another student like that? Would they listen to her telling them to stop? Doubtful.[/QUOT

So would you suggest monitors with truncheons and tasers? Why don't you quit your job and for 15K a year ride the bus with this little upper crust shits? Show us all how it's done.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

The internet has raised over 200,000 dollars to send her on vacation. She could retire.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I'm sure she is a very nice lady, and she in no way deserves to be treated like those kids treated her, but her job was to keep the hellions under control on the bus and she failed miserably. What if those boys were taunting another student like that? Would they listen to her telling them to stop? Doubtful.
    She's 68 fucking years old! You think the little shit for brains actually have any respect for people these days?
    sluce, McJag, *DIVA! and 3 others like this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

So would you suggest monitors with truncheons and tasers? Why don't you quit your job and for 15K a year ride the bus with this little upper crust shits? Show us all how it's done.
    No, I'd suggest having the bus driver turn around and drop them back off at school so their parents can come collect them. I saw this done when kids were acting up when I rode the bus. I know this was done when my father was a junior high principal and he had to deal with the kids who had been put off the bus for misbehaving.

It's not rocket surgery.

Just saw it is now up to $339,000.

Stella - her job was to keep the kids safe and she did. She tolerated so much more than most ever would. I am bothered by your opinion on this and that you can't seem to see the difference between her ability to stay calm as she was personally attacked and is in no way an indicator of how she would have responded if they were attacking another child.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Just saw it is now up to $339,000.

Stella - her job was to keep the kids safe and she did. She tolerated so much more than most ever would. I am bothered by your opinion on this and that you can't seem to see the difference between her ability to stay calm as she was personally attacked and is in no way an indicator of how she would have responded if they were attacking another child.
    You may be right on the bolded part. I'm skeptical of that, but anything is possible.

I have in no way suggested that there is anything acceptable about the way those children were behaving. I think they should be punished by both the school district and their parents. They were beyond out of line. What I don't get is why when they attacked someone who actually could do something about it, she didn't. There may be a reason (school policy, lack of support from the administration, etc) and that needs to be investigated so that this doesn't happen again. I'm just not willing to canonize her just yet because I don't think letting the inmates run the asylum is the proper approach.

oh please, no one is canonizing her. you don't have to think someone is a saint to think it's horrible to see them be subject to this.

what could she have done? if she had even yelled at them there would be people screaming 'oh look, crazy lady abusing children' and the parents would be contacting lawyers.
    hustle4alivin and McJag like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    oh please, no one is canonizing her. you don't have to think someone is a saint to think it's horrible to see them be subject to this.

what could she have done? if she had even yelled at them there would be people screaming 'oh look, crazy lady abusing children' and the parents would be contacting lawyers.
    Turn the bus around, call mom to come get them, let parents cart them to and from school for the foreseeable future. I know for a fact that this is the policy in the city I live in when kids misbehave on the bus (we don't have "monitors", it's up to the driver) and it seems to do the trick.

And like I said, I do think it's horrible. Those are some rotten little children that I hope are able to mature out of the stupid groupthink that makes them think it's "cool" to treat other people this way.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information