Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Fox News host Megyn Kelly tells kids: Jesus and Santa are both white guys

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    These are not the only two indicators of a historical Jesus.

That's true. I once saw him in a bowl of oatmeal.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    That's true. I once saw him in a bowl of oatmeal.
    And that's because oats have their origin in the Middle East's fertile crescent. It's basically a breakfast alliance with Jesus. Not sure how the grilled cheese sandwich's work into that, though.

Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

^^^ Jesus is omnipresent.

Last edited by MohandasKGanja; December 12th, 2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Forgot my Oded

Manx!! I LMAO every time I see Jesus Chi Butt! My chis have the same outline.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

you'd think a dead guy rising from the grave would have gotten loads of contemporary coverage. but nope, zip, nada. there is not a single contemporary writing that mentions jesus. all writings came well after his life.

of course, there are no originals of tacitus' annals. the earliest copies date to the 11th century, so the validity of it has been disputed. it's possible that he wrote it, and possible that christians put the reference in afterward. tacitus was also born 25 years after jesus' death, so he wasn't a contemporary. and there are a few other arguments against it as well- procurator vs prefect, etc. you can look them up.

the 'evidence' for jesus wouldn't be allowed in a courtroom today, but that hasn't stopped millions from believing. maybe he really was a magic mushroom, like John Allegro said.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; December 12th, 2013 at 05:09 PM.
    joebob and Sarzy like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

You mean the courtrooms that have you put your hand on a book with Jesus' story in it when you give testimony?

The evidence for many historical figures wouldn't be allowed in a courtroom today. Then again, courtrooms weren't established to validate the existence of historical figures.

You do have a contemporary religion, however, that was established in Antioch (among other places) within 4 to 7 years after his death. By a guy who was his contemporary. And you have an unbroken succession of bishops at Antioch. Plus, the third guy knew both John the Apostle as well as Evodius, who, in turn, knew Peter, who knew Jesus.

Every time somebody mentions Tacitus, or Josephus or Pliny the Younger, or Josephus, there is somebody eager to state that there writings weren't authentic or that some Christian troublemaker got in there and altered what they wrote - which quite frankly, is specious, too. Tacitus' writings are now regarded as authentic.

Your imaginary friends can be whatever race you want them to be.
    Butterfly, Sarzy, Beeyotch and 2 others like this.

True - the imaginary ones can.

Jesus was hottest in the 'Mummy' movies. Brendan Frasier who?
    Kittylady and Kathie_Moffett like this.

The evidence for many historical figures wouldn't be allowed in a courtroom today. Then again, courtrooms weren't established to validate the existence of historical figures.

You do have a contemporary religion, however, that was established in Antioch (among other places) within 4 to 7 years after his death. By a guy who was his contemporary. And you have an unbroken succession of bishops at Antioch. Plus, the third guy knew both John the Apostle as well as Evodius, who, in turn, knew Peter, who knew Jesus.

Every time somebody mentions Tacitus, or Josephus or Pliny the Younger, or Josephus, there is somebody eager to state that there writings weren't authentic or that some Christian troublemaker got in there and altered what they wrote - which quite frankly, is specious, too. Tacitus' writings are now regarded as authentic.
    L Ron Hubbard established a religion too. Also- Joseph Smith, Rev. Moon, A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Doesn't make any of them the son of god. seriosly though, i think there probably was a rebellious type named jesus. the romans did crucify people too, so that's not a part that's hard to believe.

but the fact that neither side of the argument can't decisively prove their point is the crux of the whole thing to me. It's an agnostic's core belief, lol.

joespehus is also frequently questioned re: other historical writings, so it's quite natural that his one mention of jesus is questioned.

or maybe all this is just what comes when you let an adolescent read Another Roadside Attraction. i've been a proponent of the Easter heist theory ever since.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; December 12th, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Wasn't the original mythical Santa something that sprang from Dutch, German, Swedish origin? If so, he was probably kind of white looking.

Jesus, though, should look like Oded Fehr:

Mmmm! Yes please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Hell everyone should.
    Particularly my OH.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    L Ron Hubbard established a religion too. Also- Joseph Smith, Rev. Moon, A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Doesn't make any of them the son of god. seriosly though, i think there probably was a rebellious type named jesus. the romans did crucify people too, so that's not a part that's hard to believe.

but the fact that neither side of the argument can't decisively prove their point is the crux of the whole thing to me. It's an agnostic's core belief, lol.

joespehus is also frequently questioned re: other historical writings, so it's quite natural that his one mention of jesus is questioned.

or maybe all this is just what comes when you let an adolescent read Another Roadside Attraction. i've been a proponent of the Easter heist theory ever since.
    I love you, WCG. Don't ever change.

you too mo. seriously. and no chance of me changing. can't teach a dog this old new tricks.
    MohandasKGanja and rockchick like this.

JFC you people love to argue instead of doing actual research. Call me Becky but I belong to Ancestry.com and I found Jesus, Mary and Joseph on the census records. So there! BTW for race they checked off some other race...

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information