Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fox News apologizes profusely after airing suicide live on U.S. television

It happened in Louisiana on NBC in 92/93. Guy had killed his wife because she was divorcing him and was sitting on a bench in a park type area with his priest and the priest and the police were trying to talk the guy into surrendering when he just put the gun to his head and blew his brains out. I'll remember that forever because me and my dad were standing in front of the tv talking and we both just looked at each other and were stunned that someone had actually just killed themselves and NBC brought that shit into our homes for us! And I remember the news guy coming on (his fucking name was Jack Frost, not kidding!) and saying "We did NOT want to show that! We are so sorry." and I was thinking "bullshit, you didn't want to show that!"

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    We had an elected official, Budd Dwyer, who blew his head off during a press conference. It was crazy.
    Saw this one. Pretty brutal and the footage is still out there on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    In the 70's a news reporter killed herself on air during her broadcast too. Christine Chubbuck.
    Read about her but they got rid of that footage. I think they gave it to the family and they destroyed it. Can't imagine how it was just watching your local news that day.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    In the 70's a news reporter killed herself on air during her broadcast too. Christine Chubbuck.
    It was in Esquire Magazine's "Dubious Achievement Awards" issue the following January (1975), which was when I first read about it. Before she did it, she had said something about her station being obsessed with blood and guts and that she would give it to them right now. Apparently, the camera people and producer at first thought it was just a really tasteless prank. Below is a German documentary about her. Commentary by her coworkers is in English, though.

[YOUTUBE]-OfjPuPCYjc[/YOUTUBE]
    gas_chick and Seapharris7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Saw this one. Pretty brutal and the footage is still out there on the internet.
    I think I saw it in Bowling for Columbine. Black and white footage of a balding chubster standing on a podium?
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information