Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Florida Man Dies After Competing In Roach Eating Contest

He may've had a pre-existing heart condition or similar which acted up from so much barfing. Also possibly, he may've aspirated vomit and/or bugs and choked to death/suffocated.

But I'm actually guessing anaphylaxis.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^^Like a shellfish allergy?
    I know roaches can trigger or worsen asthma attacks, so I bet you are right.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Why oh why do I keep coming back to this disgusting thread? I'm surprised that I haven't had any nightmares yet.
    My thoughts exactly, what is wrong with me?? lol

If they'd just announce the official cause of death, maybe I could stop.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

They're still picking the little legs and wings out of his teef.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love you gross bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    And roaches and waterbugs are distant relatives of crustaceans too. Maybe there is a connection of sorts.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Here's a screen grab of the victim during the event. He looks about how i expected.

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    And roaches and waterbugs are distant relatives of crustaceans too. Maybe there is a connection of sorts.
    Yes, a friend of mine calls Lobster sea roaches. I don't eat them anyway, but it's still gross.

Yes, a friend of mine calls Lobster sea roaches. I don't eat them anyway, but it's still gross.
    Lobsters remind me of huge bugs. I haven't eaten one in years and I can't even stand to look at them at this point.

You wonder about the first person who said - hey this looks really good - I'd like to eat this.
    Brookie likes this.

They call the Florida lobsters bugs. When you go lobstering people are like "how many bugs did you get?"
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    Lobsters remind me of huge bugs. I haven't eaten one in years and I can't even stand to look at them at this point.

You wonder about the first person who said - hey this looks really good - I'd like to eat this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    They call the Florida lobsters bugs. When you go lobstering people are like "how many bugs did you get?"
    Remember that horror movie Mimic with Mira Sorvino and Jeremy Northam? The larvae from the creature looked like uncooked lobsters or prawns on the inside. Ewww. I love lobster, but that movie turned me off for a little while.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Yes, exactly!

Whoa. Urg. I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post

On my honeymoon, I was eating at a seafood restaurant on Cape Cod with my husband. He ordered a whole lobster and they just fucking stuck the goddamn monster THING right there on the plate in front of him. I swear....I got one look at the guts and told him, "you have to tear off the bits you wanna eat and send the rest back or I am going to throw up right here RIGHT NOW."

I must've looked like I meant it...I think I was kind of green...because he did as I asked immediately.

That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on a dinner table.

I generally dislike crustacean type critters because they look like giant insects. I can have shrimp cut up or crab shredded on my salad or in a sammich but my god, I can't look at that shit WHOLE and try to eat.
    Quazar likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Remember that horror movie Mimic with Mira Sorvino and Jeremy Northam? The larvae from the creature looked like uncooked lobsters or prawns on the inside. Ewww. I love lobster, but that movie turned me off for a little while.
    I LOVE that movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I generally dislike crustacean type critters because they look like giant insects. I can have shrimp cut up or crab shredded on my salad or in a sammich but my god, I can't look at that shit WHOLE and try to eat.
    Same here, but also cause I just can't throw any living critter in boiling water, it seems so cruel. I once saw a cooking show where they show you how to kill them first. Couldn't do that either. Good thing I don't wanna eat them anyway.

I LOVE that movie!!
    Me too, Constance. Love Jeremy in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Yes, exactly!

Whoa. Urg. I didn't know that.

On my honeymoon, I was eating at a seafood restaurant on Cape Cod with my husband. He ordered a whole lobster and they just fucking stuck the goddamn monster THING right there on the plate in front of him. I swear....I got one look at the guts and told him, "you have to tear off the bits you wanna eat and send the rest back or I am going to throw up right here RIGHT NOW."

I must've looked like I meant it...I think I was kind of green...because he did as I asked immediately.

That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on a dinner table.

The tomalley? But that's a delicacy! I had an uncle that would collect that part from anybody who didn't like it whenever we had whole lobster.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information