Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Flight Attendant Uses Inflatable Slide for Dramatic Job Walk Out

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    He's 38?
    ??????

Nothing wrong with being 38.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I figured him about 40. Love him. Dont mind anything he did except the cursing on the mike. There were kids on the flight so besides that, ROCK ON!
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Oh he'll milk this one fo' sho'.

In this internet age and people wanting their 15 minutes worth, anyone and everyone can become the next "celebrity" or 'folk hero' superstar.

He knew what he was doing, and he knew it was going to get attention across the world wide web.

Cha-ching!!!
    Yes, I'm sure he had visions of dollar signs dancing in his head as he swooped down the slide
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

^^^
    yeah. methinks someone's shtick is getting tired. (actually it's more like it's been exhausted for a few years...)
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

Hmmmmm I think his 15mins is up.

Raging flight attendant's story of woe goes down the chute August 13, 2010 - 7:32AM

Steven Slater said he had his now famous meltdown after a passenger's baggage hit his head just after the domestic flight he was working on landed in New York.

But some passengers said he already had a gash at the start of the flight.

"When I got on the flight, he was sitting near the exit row. ... He already had a cut on his head and it was bleeding," Lauren Wood told the New York Post.

"And, he just said, 'You won't believe the day that I had,' and that was right at the beginning of the flight when I boarded."

Others said he was rude and instigated the confrontation that he ended by barrelling down an emergency slide at New York's Kennedy Airport.

Marjorie Briskin, 53, told The Wall Street Journal Mr Slater blurted out an expletive during an otherwise normal conversation with a passenger over luggage.

"I didn't think she was rude in the least," Ms Briskin, a schoolteacher, told the Journal.

"It really blew my mind. It was so inappropriate."

Another woman, 25-year-old Lauren Dominijanni, told the Journal Slater was immediately rude to her. She said Slater "rolled his eyes at me" when she asked for a wipe to clean up coffee someone spilled on her seat.

When she pointed to the coffee, Slater yelled: "No! Maybe when we get in the air! I need to take care of myself first, honey!"

He was pointing to a gash on his head at that point, she said. Mr Slater did not return with the wipes, and spent the flight slamming doors and bins on the flight instead.

"It wasn't normal and he shouldn't have been acting that way. I felt so uncomfortable on that flight."

But the ex-wife of Mr Slater, Cynthia Susanne, told US TV network ABC's Good Morning America she did not believe the passengers' suggestions that he started the confrontation.

She said Slater was extraordinarily tolerant and patient.

Ms Susanne said she had not spoken to him since the confrontation on the Pittsburgh-to-New York flight.

But she said he probably was as baffled as she about the attention his actions were getting.

The couple have a son together.

Slater is charged with criminal mischief and reckless endangerment for deploying an emergency exit chute.

smh.com.au and AP
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I can't help but love this guy. I don't know if it's because I have been on many flights where i wish the flight attendants would start kickin' the asses of all the obnoxious idiots who seem to end up on my flight, or if it's because I have worked with the public enough to know exactly what this guy probably puts up with daily.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Hmmmmm I think his 15mins is up.
    Well with new info he can go the 'head injury-did not know what I was doing' route. A good defense-head trauma induced temporary insanity!

Go Steven!!!

HOW could any woman marry this man and have a kid with him, without KNOWING he is gay as all gay? Just look at him! He silenty screams GAY!!!!!

A*O

What, you mean some flight attendants are gay?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    HOW could any woman marry this man and have a kid with him, without KNOWING he is gay as all gay? Just look at him! He silenty screams GAY!!!!!
    I saw a tv interview and she said they married at 18, "before they really knew themselves" or something of that nature. It happens.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Some people come into their homosexuality later than others.
    'Late-Life Lesbians' Reveal Fluidity Of Sexuality : NPR

And yeah, I know this particular article is about lesbians and not gay men, but I've seen it happen to enough men in my life to believe the street goes both ways.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Even if he wasn't instigated, some days when I worked in food service I wanted to start shit with those awful customers and fly down a shute. I'm going to stick by this awesome dude.

I love this guy. He totally went down IN STYLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    ??????
    He looks older to me.

i'm sick of hearing about this guy. I loved what he did, but enough. Now they are talking reality show? ugh.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information