Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Filmgoer Who Knocked Out 10-Year-Old’s Tooth Says Kid Wouldn’t Be Quiet During Movie

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Parents who choose to take a child to a public place are responsible for making sure that the child is not disruptive. If the child does become disruptive, the parent is responsible for removing the child (immediately) from the situation.
    When I'm paying money to attend a movie, or go out to dinner, I expect to be able to enjoy it without disruptions from a child who is too young to be there in the first place and is unable to control its behavior. There have honestly been times at the movie theater when I wanted to to turn to one of the parents sitting there with a babbling toddler or screaming baby and demand that they reimburse me for my ticket.
    Like on a public bus??

Had to say it...
    Just Kill Me likes this.

^Haha, I do not think you are illiterate, but that's why I didn't bold the rest of the sentence.
    *Edit* that was to dd.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    ^Haha, I do not think you are illiterate, but that's why I didn't bold the rest of the sentence.
    *Edit* that was to dd.
    Thanks.

Getting back on topic though, I am betting Megan Denise Fox will be one of those lazy mothers that let their special snowflakes piss everyone off in the theater!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Like on a public bus??

Had to say it...
    No, an airplane at 40,000 feet though.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    No, an airplane at 40,000 feet though.
    RIGHT!!! Either get your kids to shut it or get off. There, solved!

I know I know.....movies are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by memebot View Post
    I didn't call you an asshole, I said kids have bad manners because they are surrounded by assholes. Yes, parents will take their kids to public places, because well, it's ridiculous to expect them to stay home all the time and never let them out to learn how to behave properly in public in the first place. Deal with it or don't go. If you can't cope with kids in public don't go where kids might be in public. Simple as that.
    Fuck that mommy zombie bullshit. Kids should not be in adult movies. Kids who cannot behave should not be in theaters period. Same with restaurants: If your stupid brat can't control themselves because of your shitty parenting, or you ignore them when they act out, or think it's "cute" and your attitude is "fuck the rest of you, put up with my shitty kid because ITS A PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKE AND DOESNT DO ANYTHING WRONG" then you're a complete asshole.

Teach your kids how to fucking behave, teach them manners and how to act in public and if they act up, you discipline them or REMOVE THEM FROM THE SITUATION. It's called "consequences".

Either that or leave them the fuck at home with a babysitter. Either way, this "kids/shitty parents first" thing is played out.
    Karistiona likes this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No one is even arguing for that, Grimm. That was supposed to be a ridiculous statement that is equally ridiculous as "if your kids don't know how to behave in public dont bring them out" statement. Kids need to get out to learn how to socialize properly. Responsible parents know this and ANY parent knows that kids are actually, like, little people. Often with their own needs and moods that don't always match up with our expectations at the time. A responsible parent uses that unpredictable energy to teach their children the expectations of their family and society. A parent who lets their kid run around and act like an animal is not being responsible.

Parents need to teach their kids manners and self-control. That doesn't give anyone the right to assault any kid under any circumstances.
    Smacking a kid isn't going to teach them manners. It's going to teach them to be physical bullies with no respect for other people. It's going to contribute to making their behaviour worse.
    I'm not defending the rude kid or his equally rude parents. I'm saying assault is not the civilized answer.

Responding to bad manners with physical violence is some pretty piss-poor manners. If society isn't polite, how can they expect their children to be?
    Parents need to take responsibility for their children and teach them manners. Sometimes they have to take them in public to do this and sometimes kids will falter but responsible parents call those teaching moments. But even if the parents are irresponsible, strangers should not be taking it upon themselves to assault other strangers because they do not behave the way they think they should. Don't hit kids. Hell, don't hit anyone. That's pretty basic shit, in my humble opinion.
    A society that thinks its OK to be rude TO kids is going to result in kids who ARE rude to society. Kids who are rude are going to raise further rude kids. Clearly the mother in the story was a rude cunt herself or she would have taken action before anyone got pissed off enough to tell them to be quiet. Knocking a kid's tooth out of his head is not going to teach him manners, especially when he obviously isn't learning them at home.

I would have just asked them to please be quiet. If that didn't work I would talk to an usher. If that didn't work I would ask for a refund. Would I be annoyed? Hellz yeah. But then I would get on with my life. It's just a movie, not worth getting charged with a felony.

Unfortunately there are always going to be unruly annoying kids in these places, that's life. It doesn't mean they should get attacked though! If you can't control yourself not to hit an annoying child then that's your problem. That's a general 'you', not aiming that at anyone btw - (well apart from the guy this thread is about)

And the Award for most self quoting goes to....
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

But yet not the ones that directly contradict those...it's tough to passionately take both sides of a conversation.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

No one is even arguing for that, Grimm. That was supposed to be a ridiculous statement that is equally ridiculous as "if your kids don't know how to behave in public dont bring them out" statement. Kids need to get out to learn how to socialize properly. Responsible parents know this and ANY parent knows that kids are actually, like, little people. Often with their own needs and moods that don't always match up with our expectations at the time. A responsible parent uses that unpredictable energy to teach their children the expectations of their family and society. A parent who lets their kid run around and act like an animal is not being responsible.
    Originally Posted by memebot
    Parents need to teach their kids manners and self-control. That doesn't give anyone the right to assault any kid under any circumstances.
    Smacking a kid isn't going to teach them manners. It's going to teach them to be physical bullies with no respect for other people. It's going to contribute to making their behaviour worse.
    I'm not defending the rude kid or his equally rude parents. I'm saying assault is not the civilized answer.

Responding to bad manners with physical violence is some pretty piss-poor manners. If society isn't polite, how can they expect their children to be?
    Parents need to take responsibility for their children and teach them manners. Sometimes they have to take them in public to do this and sometimes kids will falter but responsible parents call those teaching moments. But even if the parents are irresponsible, strangers should not be taking it upon themselves to assault other strangers because they do not behave the way they think they should. Don't hit kids. Hell, don't hit anyone. That's pretty basic shit, in my humble opinion.
    A society that thinks its OK to be rude TO kids is going to result in kids who ARE rude to society. Kids who are rude are going to raise further rude kids. Clearly the mother in the story was a rude cunt herself or she would have taken action before anyone got pissed off enough to tell them to be quiet. Knocking a kid's tooth out of his head is not going to teach him manners, especially when he obviously isn't learning them at home.

I would have just asked them to please be quiet. If that didn't work I would talk to an usher. If that didn't work I would ask for a refund. Would I be annoyed? Hellz yeah. But then I would get on with my life. It's just a movie, not worth getting charged with a felony.
    So what you're saying is it's ok to hit kids, right?
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information