Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Filmgoer Who Knocked Out 10-Year-Old’s Tooth Says Kid Wouldn’t Be Quiet During Movie

It takes a community to raise a child, blah blah blah.

I don't think WCG was advocating smacking the kid, but saying that if their raggedy parents learned to teach their precious snowflakes some manners, this situation wouldn't have escalated to that in the first place.

I don't advocate hitting the kid either, but I have made sure to go to the theater at certain times or go to the Dinner-and-a-movie type places that discourage unruly teens or kids from coming in (because the venue serves alcohol) and charging $22-25 to keep the riff-raff out.

And while you think of the children, think of the multiquote function too. Kthanxbye!
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

a) It was Titanic 3D, which is PG-13. As in deemed not appropriate for 10 yr olds.
    b) It was 10:30 on a Wednesday night. For a 3 hour movie. Ergo, there shouldn't have been 10 year olds in a movie theater
    c) At 10 years old, you should not be running around like a asshole in a movie theater.

So how exactly is that someone putting themselves in a situation where they may encounter kids who may "annoy the fuck" out of them, and why is it so unbelievable that he did, as a result, think the kid was an adult?
    shedevilang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I don't think WCG was advocating smacking the kid, but saying that if their raggedy parents learned to teach their snowflakes some manners, this situation wouldn't have escalated to that in the first place.
    Thank you.

I was never hit, and yet somehow through some miracle, my parents made it clear to us what was acceptable in public places. And when we acted up we were removed from the place.

It's bad manners to expect everyone to put up with your child when they are acting up. It's good manners to remove the child from the situation. And as for it taking a village, it isn't up to strangers in public places to help raise your fucking squalling kid. If you are so ill mannered that you throw stuff at someone that suggests you quiet down in a theater you don't have the social skills required by polite society.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I dont know how to use the multiquote function. K-cya.

I threatened a teenager with an umbrella once. Didn't hit him with it but boy I wanted to. This shit is why movie theaters are losing money because they let anyone bring a kid to any kind of movie. I don't advocate hitting the 10 year old. He should have hit the parent but I can't hate on him too hard either.
    hustle4alivin and greysfang like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by memebot View Post
    I dont know how to use the multiquote function. K-cya.
    It's that "plus" button located next to the quote button on the lower right hand corner. Click that button on the quotes you want selected, and once you click post reply, all the posts will be quoted.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Thank you.

I was never hit, and yet somehow through some miracle, my parents made it clear to us what was acceptable in public places. And when we acted up we were removed from the place.

It's bad manners to expect everyone to put up with your child when they are acting up. It's good manners to remove the child from the situation. And as for it taking a village, it isn't up to strangers in public places to help raise your fucking squalling kid. If you are so ill mannered that you throw stuff at someone that suggests you quiet down in a theater you don't have the social skills required by polite society.
    I'm not defending the rude kid or his equally rude parents. I'm saying assault is not the civilized answer.

Responding to bad manners with physical violence is some pretty piss-poor manners. If society isn't polite, how can they expect their children to be?

You inferred that those people, such as myself, who sympathise with the guy who smacked the kid are assholes. It may not say my name but that passive-aggressive nonsense was directed at me, ergo you're calling me an asshole.

The multiquote function is the button next to Quote with the wee plus symbol on it, you just click that button next to all the posts you wish to reply to, then when you're ready to respond they'll all be there for you. Lovely!

eta: society isn't responsible for raising children, that's a parent's job.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

It was directed at anyone who thinks violence is the answer to rude behaviour. In my mind that makes a person an asshole. I don't know you or anything about you. If I wanted to call you, personally, an asshole, I would just come out and say it and provide my reasons why.

Society does raise children. They don't just spring up fully formed from a vacuum.

Your reply just happened to be the last reply to respond in a similar manner. Look, everyone apparently agrees with you, so I don't know why you feel like you need to defend yourself against me. I'm the unpopular opinion here, so I guess that makes me the asshole. And that's totally OK with me. I'll fucking own that shit.

*swag*

No, it's not up to me, who is a part of society, to raise children. That's the PARENTS JOB. What do you not understand about that?
    Butterfly likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Memebot I don't know why you're being so bloody defensive, chill oot. I'm defending myself because I'm not in the habit of letting people say nasty things about me in a public forum without me responding.

I'm with Shellee, parents need to take more responsibility for the upbringing of their snowflakes, it's none of my business.
    shedevilang and Lalique like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I ain't even being defensive. I'm made a statement and I'm standing by what I said. I don't feel like I'm under attack or anything. I just have an apparently unpopular view that I feel strongly about. I have no problem standing up all alone and pointing out something that I think is fucked up.

Parents need to take responsibility for their children and teach them manners. Sometimes they have to take them in public to do this and sometimes kids will falter but responsible parents call those teaching moments. But even if the parents are irresponsible, strangers should not be taking it upon themselves to assault other strangers because they do not behave the way they think they should. Don't hit kids. Hell, don't hit anyone. That's pretty basic shit, in my humble opinion.

Parents who choose to take a child to a public place are responsible for making sure that the child is not disruptive. If the child does become disruptive, the parent is responsible for removing the child (immediately) from the situation.

When I'm paying money to attend a movie, or go out to dinner, I expect to be able to enjoy it without disruptions from a child who is too young to be there in the first place and is unable to control its behavior. There have honestly been times at the movie theater when I wanted to to turn to one of the parents sitting there with a babbling toddler or screaming baby and demand that they reimburse me for my ticket.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information