Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Filmgoer Who Knocked Out 10-Year-Old’s Tooth Says Kid Wouldn’t Be Quiet During Movie

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    My husband and I went to the movies on a rare date night and watched rated R "Horrible Bosses". A man and woman brought their two kids with them, they looked about 4 and 5 years old. They ran up and down the aisle, until enough of us started yelling that the movie attendant asked them to leave. Parents of the year right there, family movies include the word "pussy" and "fuck you" apparently.

Inconsiderate assholes at theaters are a huge pet peeve. We wanted to smack that couple and the brats.
    We went to see Bruno (Sascha Baron Cohen) a few years ago at the theater. Some IDIOT brought their kid in and he couldn't have been more than 10. Seriously??? Well, cue the close up of the swinging dick shot and the dad raced out.

I don't think anyone under the age of 5 should be allowed in ANY movie theater. Even the G-Rated ones. There's absolutely no excuse for bringing a baby into a movie theater.

I like the Alamo Drafthouse. It's one of the only theaters these days where I can have an enjoyable experience and not have to deal with disruptions like people bringing babies or kids, or screwing around on their phones. From their website:

We have zero tolerance for talking or cell phone use of any kind during movies, and we aren't afraid to kick anyone rude enough to start texting their friends during a show right out of the theater.

We also take the same care with all of our food and drink offerings, and at every Alamo location you can find a strong core of casual dining options to accompany your movie as well as menu specials updated at least every three months. Cold beer and fine wines are on the menu at every location, with an emphasis on highlighting local breweries whenever possible. Select Alamo locations feature a full bar with liquor where we theme specialty cocktails around the movies of the day.
    Brookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I don't think anyone under the age of 5 should be allowed in ANY movie theater. Even the G-Rated ones. There's absolutely no excuse for bringing a baby into a movie theater.
    I don't want to get so hardcore that parents shouldn't leave the house because they might annoy someone with their screaming baby, but yeah, there are places where quiet is required and bringing a baby or child too young to control themselves is a really bad idea. Movie theaters are one, graduations, weddings, funerals, and plays are others. I've had more than one of the above ruined by a screaming child who is too young to control themselves and their parents don't want to miss whatever the event is. The screaming kid is miserable, the audience is miserable, and I would guess the parent is too.

I so sympathise with this guy, who hasn't wanted to batter annoying kids in the movies?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Uh, me. Don't go places where ppl who annoy the fuck out of you happen to be. Just because some one else's kid has bad manners, does not give anyone the right to physically assault them. IMO, that kind of attitude is the reason so many kids have bad manners in the first place...they are surrounded by assholes.

This shit pisses me off so fucking much. In conclusion,

Yes, Kari, how DARE you have the gall to expect to enjoy an R Rated movie in peace???!!! It's people like YOU that cause 10 year olds to act like retarded squirrels, not the oblivious, lazy, stupid parents!!!! Why don't you lock yourself up so you don't accidentally stumble into a place where kids are going to be, like 17-and-up movies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by memebot View Post
    Uh, me. Don't go places where ppl who annoy the fuck out of you happen to be. Just because some one else's kid has bad manners, does not give anyone the right to physically assault them. IMO, that kind of attitude is the reason so many kids have bad manners in the first place...they are surrounded by assholes.

This shit pisses me off so fucking much. In conclusion,

Why should I have to avoid doing my absolute favourite thing - going to the movies - because other people can't be responsible parents? I'm not saying that i actually do beat up children in the cinema, but I've certainly wanted to. I don't go to see children's movies, so I don't expect to see badly behaved children there, and when I'm confronted with them I get severely irritated. Cinema tickets are expensive and I can't afford to go very often, so when my experience is ruined by bratty children I get annoyed.

Thanks for calling me an asshole for stating my opinion. For your information, I'm not an asshole, and the children who have had me in their lives have grown up to be absolutely wonderful people.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I didn't call you an asshole, I said kids have bad manners because they are surrounded by assholes. Yes, parents will take their kids to public places, because well, it's ridiculous to expect them to stay home all the time and never let them out to learn how to behave properly in public in the first place. Deal with it or don't go. If you can't cope with kids in public don't go where kids might be in public. Simple as that.

That last sentence was meant to sound ridiculous by the way. Just as ridiculous as saying that parents shouldn't take their kids with them places.

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Yes, Kari, how DARE you have the gall to expect to enjoy an R Rated movie in peace???!!! It's people like YOU that cause 10 year olds to act like retarded squirrels, not the oblivious, lazy, stupid parents!!!! Why don't you lock yourself up so you don't accidentally stumble into a place where kids are going to be, like 17-and-up movies!!!
    Kari didn't say she was at an R-rated movie. Parents need to teach their kids manners and self-control. That doesn't give anyone the right to assault any kid under any circumstances.

Anything else?

kids have bad manners when they aren't taught about manners. the assholes surrounding them are their parents.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Always going to stand up for kids. If you want to punch someone, punch the parents. At least pick on someone your own size, and not your mentality (childish.)

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    kids have bad manners when they aren't taught about manners. the assholes surrounding them are their parents.
    Smacking a kid isn't going to teach them manners. It's going to teach them to be physical bullies with no respect for other people. It's going to contribute to making their behaviour worse.

Did I actually suggest smacking a child? Did anyone?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The general sentiment in this thread is that the guy, THE ADULT, who punched a TEN YEAR OLD and knocked out his tooth is that he was doing a "good thing." I take strong exception to that.
    Last edited by memebot; May 25th, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information