Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Fifth severed foot found on Canadian coast

Okay, I now want to cross off Vancouver from my Cities To Visit list.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i know really

Vancouver, Washington is no picnic either

Well, an important thing to note here is that none of the feet that have been found had actually been severed in the sense that they'd been deliberately cut off. They all appear to have been separated from the bodies by natural decomposition in the ocean. The most reasonable theories are that some are from the men who died in a plane crash in the area, and others are from suicides, etc.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Did they have a big run on suicides?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The plane crash scenario makes a bit of sense. Since the bodies of the crash victims haven't been found, they are probably still strapped in their seat belts.
    With decomposition, the feet would probably be the first to reach the surface because of the buoyancy of the shoe. In respect to the victims heads and why they haven't turned up, the aircraft headsets are probably tangling them up and 'keeping' them in place.

I wouldn't strike Vancouver off of your places to visit. It's a wonderful city, just avoid the few crackheads....okay numerous crackheads on the downtown east side. If you do go to Vancouver, take a trip into Surrey (a suburb) and play "spot the Surrey Girl."
    Another pointer, if you REALLY want to piss someone from the Vancouver / Fraser Valley area off, call em a "surrey Girl."

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    Another pointer, if you REALLY want to piss someone from the Vancouver / Fraser Valley area off, call em a "surrey Girl."
    Or ask them how their (nhl) hockey team did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    I grew up in North Delta and my husband never stops delighting in calling me a Surrey Girl. Sheesh. I lived a good 7 blocks from Surrey!

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Did they have a big run on suicides?
    Well, apparently the feet could have travelled thousands of kilometers with ocean currents. But, yeah, they're not likely all from suicides.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRules View Post
    Or ask them how their (nhl) hockey team did last season.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Default One severed foot has been ID'd

MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One of 5 feet found in Canada is ID'd
    Testing ties it to depressed man who went missing a year ago
    The Associated Press
    updated 2:56 p.m. PT, Sat., July. 19, 2008
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia - One of five feet that have mysteriously washed up on the shores of British Columbia over the past year has been linked to a depressed man who disappeared a year ago, police said Saturday.

Sgt. Pierre Lemaitre said DNA testing helped identify the man. The man's name was not made public at the family's request, he said.

The foot is the first to be identified by investigators, who have been working on the bizarre case since August when two feet were found days apart about 40 miles southwest of Vancouver on islands in the Strait of Georgia.

The first foot was discovered by beachcombers on Jedidiah Island. Days later, a right foot was found inside a man's size-12 Reebok sneaker on Gabriola Island.

Two weeks ago, police said a foot found on Valdez Island Feb. 8 and another foot found June 16 on Westham Island, more than 25 miles away and across a strait, belong to the same man.

Another foot was found May 22 on Kirkland Island in the Fraser River. It was laced inside a New Balance running shoe, and is the only one belonging to a woman, authorities said.

A sixth discovery last month turned out to be a hoax, an animal paw stuffed inside a shoe.

Police did not specify which of the feet belonged to the missing man.

"We're being very sensitive to the family's demands," said Lemaitre, adding that more information will be released Monday. "They wanted the time to reach out to their immediate family and share the news among themselves."

Police said they are reviewing almost 300 missing persons files and haven't yet been able to match any other DNA from the feet to any missing people.

British Columbia coroner Jeff Dolan has said there was no evidence the feet were severed and a pathologist has said the feet, which were all encased in tennis shoes, could have been separated by the forces of the ocean current.

Lemaitre would not comment on reports that a U.S. coroner in Washington state's San Juan Islands had found a footless body just five months before the first foot washed ashore in British Columbia.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    URL: One of 5 feet found in Canada is ID'd - Americas - MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Privacy . Legal
    2008 MSNBC.com

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So maybe some kind of current is moving very quickly because of El Nino?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

So there was a run on suicides!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^^ Yeah, apparently. Good thing I moved outta there last year.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Given the state of world, all the shit we see and read in the news; I'm surprised there aren't more.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Ummm.. so regarding the plane theory, why would only the feet turn up? Why not the hands too? This is really weird. The guy who was depressed and disappeared? Who says he wasn't murdered...
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

^^The theory on the men in the plane is that their bodies are strapped into their seats, which sank to the bottom of the ocean. The feet eventually came detached through decomposition and, because they were wearing runners, the feet floated to the surface. Other body parts, like the hands, would just disintegrate or whatever before they were ever found. The only reason the feet would be found is because of the runners around them.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

What's the best part about living in Delta?

Never having to say you're Surrey!

"Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information