Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Family dog kills South Carolina baby

The swing was my best friend early in my daughters life. She slept in it every day. Usually one of her naps was entirely in the swing. It was a lifesaver ( tired new mommy saver). It was in our family room, next to the couch. Toby mostly stayed away from it. Made him scared. Rarely would I step out of the room. Maybe to the kitchen or bathroom. The thing is, they're strapped into those things with a five point harness...between the legs, from hip to hip and both shoulders to waist. Baby can't get out and unless you press in these tabs and click, you can't get baby out. This baby must not have been secured.

As for dogs and babies. I feel that I have the most kind and gentle dog. He's a 3 year old lab and he's wonderful with the baby, people, cats, other dogs, etc. I trust him around our girl, but they are never alone together and I mean NEVER. Not only the threat of a bite, but he's 85 lbs. He could hurt her accidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    As for dogs and babies. I feel that I have the most kind and gentle dog. He's a 3 year old lab and he's wonderful with the baby, people, cats, other dogs, etc. I trust him around our girl, but they are never alone together and I mean NEVER. Not only the threat of a bite, but he's 85 lbs. He could hurt her accidentally.
    I think that's wise. As gentle as most dogs are you just never KNOW for sure. It's not worth risking your baby being disfigured or killed. I hate seeing babies left alone with dogs.

I had one friend whose baby had colic. The only time she was happy was in her little swing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think there's a lot more to this story than we are being told. Honestly, I suspect that the baby was already dead when the dog "attacked" it.

I asked my friend from Dorchester County and apparently no one knows this family since they lived in a trailer kind of in the middle of nowhere instead of "Dorchester proper." So, no inside info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information