Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Family of brain dead California girl battles hospital to keep machines on

fgg

so they did surgery or what not on her? totally morbid. let this poor little girl go!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Long read, but good summary. Trials & Tribulations: Jahi's Legacy
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It's hard for me to understand that they were even given the "ok" to let her suck on a popsicle. It seems like sucking might dislodge some of the scabbing inside of her throat. I can't remember if my dad was able to eat anything at all for a few days after the same procedures, all I can remember was that he was in ICU and in a lot of pain, he was pale, it was a very serious recovery.

I couldn't suck on a popsicle after a hysterectomy, so I don't get that she'd be allowed one by any medical professionals following an operation on her throat, especially at that point in her recovery. So, no, the family's gotta be making that shit up.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I had a tonsillectomy when I was a kid and the nurses offered me a popsicle pretty much as soon as I woke up. They gave me several over a couple of days, although I was never able to finish one. You don't really have to suck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I couldn't suck on a popsicle after a hysterectomy, so I don't get that she'd be allowed one by any medical professionals following an operation on her throat, especially at that point in her recovery. So, no, the family's gotta be making that shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I had a tonsillectomy when I was a kid and the nurses offered me a popsicle pretty much as soon as I woke up. They gave me several over a couple of days, although I was never able to finish one. You don't really have to suck them.
    Interesting differences of opinion. She had much more than a tonsillectomy though, she had pretty much the same surgeries that my father had and he was not up and talking or anything like that, certainly not eating?? I don't think...maybe I should ask him.

So I just googled her name to see what the latest news was, and this article came up from Sky News:

Brain Dead Teen Jahi McMath 'Improving'

A teenage girl who was declared legally brain dead after an operation to remove her tonsils is showing signs of improvement, according to her family's lawyer.

Jahi McMath suffered complications following the procedure at the Children's Hospital of Oakland (CHO), California, on December 9.

Both the hospital and an independent paediatric neurologist from Stanford University decided the 13-year-old was brain dead. The 13-year-old is being treated by doctors at an undisclosed hospital

However, her family successfully argued for her to be kept on life support and won a fight to have her moved to another, undisclosed hospital.

Lawyer Christopher Dolan said doctors had successfully replaced Jahi's breathing and feeding tubes and said the youngster was "doing very well".

"Doctors are optimistic that her condition has stabilised and that her health is improving from when she was taken from CHO," he wrote on Twitter.

Mr Dolan previously said Jahi was in "bad shape" after being moved by a critical care team to her new hospital.

"You would be too, if you hadn't had nutrition in 26 days and were a sick little girl to begin with," he added.

Jahi suffered a cardiac arrest after bleeding profusely following the tonsillectomy last month.

Her mother, Nailah Winkfield, won a court order to remove her daughter from CHO, provided she assumed full responsibility for the consequences.

Brain Dead Teen Jahi McMath 'Improving'
    All the comments are that people hope she makes a full recovery... so apparently it's not clear to the general public that there's no recovery from death.
    manningmsj and Mel1973 like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Of course, the family and their lawyer can say anything they want about her condition. Perhaps they're still trying to raise more money.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    So I just googled her name to see what the latest news was, and this article came up from Sky News:

All the comments are that people hope she makes a full recovery... so apparently it's not clear to the general public that there's no recovery from death.
    Since I'm going to hell anyway, is it wrong that your comment made me LOL a little bit? I really want to give the people responding to that article the benefit of the doubt here. I really hope they're just uninformed about the situation and not wholly stupid. The people donating money to her family probably can't be given the same consideration, though. I sincerely hope their parents sit them down soon and break the news about that farm Fido got sent off to years ago. Also, Grandma didn't moved to Florida.
    A*O and Seapharris7 like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Oh she did, but they disowned her after she got caught fingering herself on the side of the road.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

dead yet?
    manningmsj likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^^^

I think a more apt question is if she's alive yet. Or dead again. Or zombified.

Yeah, I know. I really ought to behave. My fair skin isn't suited for warm climates.

RIP eventually, Jahi.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Gold Member

If she comes back to life, I hope she eats her parents first.

^^^^^^

And when she's polished them off, she can have the lawyer for dessert.

If she does come back to life, though, somebody please post about it quickly. I'll probably want to make some serious revisions to my posts in this thread.

I had faith the whole time.

It the electricity goes out, and the generators stopped working, would the mom blame the hospital for killing her daughter? They know she's dead already.

Pardon my ignorance, but is the daughter decaying even though she is on support?
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information