Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Family of brain dead California girl battles hospital to keep machines on

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Not just the trach.

This situation is beyond fucked up. I blame religion at least partly. I get so tired of having to cater to religious beliefs that override common sense. It makes my eyes roll so far into the back of my head I can see my brain.

My LIVING, neuron-firing brain. Unlike the gelatinous mess behind this child's skull that a good sneeze would probably cause to ooze out of her cephalic cavities.
    Found a couple of videos on YouTube, a bit creepy to me; I'm sure there's a scientific explanation for the movement. I also found it curious that they were posted by a law firm...:

Here's the other one, I guess GR only allows one video at a time to be posted:

Is it wrong that I was looking for the fishing line tied to her toe?
    Kittylady, sluce, Brookie and 5 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I bet this is something she does routinely and they just asked her to move certain things while they were already twitching. I remember they said Terri Schiavo had the same kind of things going on and sooooo many doctors said that its just random, normal muscle twitches. Those videos are just all smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I bet this is something she does routinely and they just asked her to move certain things while they were already twitching. I remember they said Terri Schiavo had the same kind of things going on and sooooo many doctors said that its just random, normal muscle twitches. Those videos are just all smoke and mirrors.
    This was my first thought too. You only see a short clip of her moving, nothing prior where she's likely going through some kind of spasm. What is the point of all this? Are they making money from it? I feel for them, but there seems like another agenda here.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Does anyone know what the legal benefit is of them getting her declared as living? I guess that they would get medicaid for her then?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I have read a couple of theories. One is for Medicaid and they would be able to move back to California. The other financial benefit is that CA has a cap on wrongful death benefits but if it was an injury due to medical malpractice the family may be able to collect more $ in a lawsuit. And of course, they are religious wack-a-doos.
    sluce, Janus and sputnik like this.

Plus weren't they taking donations?
    sputnik likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post

There is never any confirmation of the date of these pictures, but nevertheless... the above picture is badly shopped. For starters the area around the top of her head has been modified and her whole face has been softened/blurred. That makes me doubt the entire picture.

I guess their gofundme is drying up again, so the push for more publicity as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I think. Firstly the videos are VERY old (not new) and secondly, in the "Jahi moves because we told her to" videos, Jahi never moves in RESPONSE to her mother telling her to. You notice even in the edited clips, Jahi just seems to move like this spontaneously (like a Lazarus sign but w/o being touched) and they just start recording at that time and tell her to move and she spontaneously moves up to a minute later, and they just pretend she did it cause they told her to.

NOT convincing.

The mother has previously claimed (and posted a photo) of Jahi claiming she SAT UP and crossed her legs BY HERSELF. If she wants to convince people her kid isn't braindead, why waste time with such pitiful 'proof' as Jahi moving randomly? Why not show us her sitting up by herself again? Oh right, cause it's all bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Does anyone know what the legal benefit is of them getting her declared as living? I guess that they would get medicaid for her then?
    I'm not legal expert but there are 2 things it would do:

1. The family could then sue the hospital for any amount of money, whereas wrongful death, IIRC, is capped at 250k.
    2. The state would then have to start paying living expenses and medical bills for Jahi.

So right now, declared dead, the state does not have to pay (I believe) and if they sue the hospital and manage to win, they only get 250k.

That's why they have that skeevy lawyer Chris Dolan working for them pro bono. He's trying to get the 250k cap raised, so he's using them and giving them false hope for his own agenda (duh).

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    I have read a couple of theories. One is for Medicaid and they would be able to move back to California. The other financial benefit is that CA has a cap on wrongful death benefits but if it was an injury due to medical malpractice the family may be able to collect more $ in a lawsuit. And of course, they are religious wack-a-doos.
    From seeing her mother and uncle in action (via instagram etc...) they seem to be only religious when it SUITS them and no other time.
    sluce and Mivvi21 like this.

Bronze Member

Sorry for the double post, my other was getting a bit long.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Plus weren't they taking donations?
    Yep, and as I thought, the donations have dried up, hence the new stories & picture.

https://www.gofundme.com/Jahi-Mcmath

and LOL:
    Ripoff Report | Nailah Winkfield C/O Gofundme for Jahi McMath Complaint Review Internet: 1221890

Lastly, for anyone who hasn't seen this site before, I post for you:
    http://kesselrunin12parsecs.tumblr.com/
    Brookie, faithanne and twitchy2.0 like this.

God, that tubler page is killing me. Jahi Mom's is crazy, and violent. She has 3 other kids, but all focus is on the cash cow. The other kids are suffering and family services should take a look. I got the impression the other kids are still in Cali while the Mom is in NJ. Is that correct? She talks about paying her rent, and for her house that she owns. Is she married, or still with Jahi's father? (ETA i see she is married. She refers to her husband on instagram)

Most photos on the tumbler page are of hideous manicures, bullshit to imply that Jahi moves all over by herself and tries to get out of bed, and the expensive meals and wine the mom has out.

Janus likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I wonder if there is some law or whatever to protect that poor girl from being used like a piece of meat and she has no say ..poor thing.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Is it wrong that I was looking for the fishing line tied to her toe?
    LOL - you are not alone. A comment from the tumbler page:

Many viewers of the "foot moving" video think they've seen fishing line at the 0.41 digital mark. Might depend on your computer but I can't see it yet. More than one person says they can clearly see it and many are also saying they see decomp on her toes (Fingers and toes are the first to go). Also, if you look, the mom is wearing different clothes in each video and the blankets on Jahi's bed are different as well. In the one video of her foot moving there's a Happy Mothers Day sign on the back wall which may explain why Jahi looks different than later photos. That would take this video back to MAY. Wow. I believe they think people are stupid. It's very interesting what you can find when you buckle down and do some research. I firmly believe Dolan knows and doesn't care about the death cert reversal. He knows it wont happen and doesn't care and is only interested in his future legal and political career. To be a fly on his wall after hours at home when he's bad mouthing Jahi's mother and family when he thinks no one is listening would be fun. Here is what Wikipedia say's about a legal death cert reversal. You can see it is next to impossible.

and another terrifying comment:

This was posted on the blog of a trauma surgeon who opened a continuing discussion about Jahi. This person shares an account of what one of Jahi's former helpers saw and went through while working for the family in December 2014, a year after Jahi died.

"Anonymous15 February 2015 at 06:17

I want to share a few details with you all about this ordeal. I know someone that has first hand knowledge of the corpse's condition as of December 2014. I can't say how without revealing who it was.

The corpse no longer has any reflex movement. That stopped within weeks of the corpse being released from a Catholic hospital in NJ. The body never got a period. What happened was that when it was moved to change the sheets and for cleaning some "reddish brown gunk" comes out of the anus and private part. They dealt with this by putting a diaper on it.
    The window is kept open all the time because of the bad smell. There are no pest strips and bug traps throughout the residence as well.
    They have a sleeping mask on it because "something is wrong" with the eyes.
    No one spends time with the corpse unless they are feeding it. There's a tv on in the room.
    I'm not trying to make fun of the family. But the person who told me was so distraught by the condition of the corpse that they were unable to sleep.
    I blame the judge. This is clearly a health hazard. From what I am told there will be no new pictures. Any pics they post are not new at all, especially any nail pics as some of them have molded or fallen off. I'm told the arms and legs are practically skeletal."

The New Jersey Medicaid program is paying for this folly. There isn't much chanceof getting them to intervene. Their bizarre religious opposition laws were meant to cater to several orthodox religions, but its legislative historyshows that they are afraid to single out or exclude anyone. Hence the miserably vague written law and their willingness to foist the cost of this sham off onto the taxpayers.

The only real hope is if someone can convince the media to blow the whistle on those who are enabling this; particularly the roles of Fellus, DeFina, the International Brain Research Foundation and any MDs prescribing medications. The NJ religious opposition law is only intended to provide pallative/hospice care for the ventilated dead—for the benefit of their families—until the patient's heart stops. NJ law recognizes that brain death is irreversible, and that pursuing a cure for death is a futile waste of resources. To that end, the NJ Medicaid program needs to investigate just what they are paying to have done to the body of this poor, exploited, dead child.

Kittylady, Janus, Brookie and 2 others like this.

^OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get sick just reading that anonymous report.
    Serendipity likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Bitch is batshit.

Thread Information