Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree517Likes

Thread: Family of brain dead California girl battles hospital to keep machines on

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    On a bright note, it does appear that she has lost some weight.
    With all these fad diets floating about, who knew death was the best way this whole time!
    sluce, Air Quotes and Laurent like this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Brah, I'm reporting you for spam!
    sluce, Air Quotes, Brah and 1 others like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Has the mother been mentally assessed? Why let this go on?? Is she in deep denial?

If she's doing as well as the mother states, why doesn't she photograph the face?

When I was young, I worked as an aide in a traumatic brain injury unit during the summers. We had patient's with significant brain injury - meaning very little brain activity -- that survived on feeding tubes and a trachs. Their bodies were not rotting. We had one girl who's brain scanned showed no activity, yet she breathed on her own and could move and talk (mostly babble nonsense). Don't get me wrong, these were pretty much dead bodies, in that they laid there without responding to any stimuli (except the one girl I mentioned). There was zero quality of life, hell, there was zero real life whatsoever. But my point is, the bodies didn't rot.

Also, yes this girls hands are curling. Contractures are common in comas.
    Janus likes this.

Her hands do look creepy....

Another sad story. I knew of another woman that moved her teenage daughter, who was in a coma, into her own home back in 80's. The teen was in a car with a group of girls who were all drunk, and they wrecked. She laid there for over 17 years before she finally passed. They set up her bedroom in the living room, and they had three other younger children that were raised in that environment.

Ew!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

I called social services to report the daughter of one of my patients once. I used to work in dialysis, so I was pretty chummy with most of the patients their, since I spent so much time with them. Anyhoo, said patient had stroke after stroke. She was mentally there, but she couldn't move or speak.

She had a chest port in, so she could do her hemodialysis, because her fistula had clotted up. I went to change the dressing around her port, and when I lifted the bandage up, a cockroach came scurrying out. There was a motherfucking COCKROACH...on her chest port. Not to mention, she constantly smelled of cat urine, even before her strokes she had that aroma, but it was really bad after her strokes.

I had to call and report it. My patient was the biggest sweetheart, and so was her daughter that was attempting to take care of her. There was just some fucked up shit going on behind the scenes, and everyone in that house needed some sort of help, in one way or another. I just couldn't, in good conscience, let my patient who couldn't move or speak, live in that environment.

Sweet merciful Jesus!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I called social services to report the daughter of one of my patients once. I used to work in dialysis, so I was pretty chummy with most of the patients their, since I spent so much time with them. Anyhoo, said patient had stroke after stroke. She was mentally there, but she couldn't move or speak.

She had a chest port in, so she could do her hemodialysis, because her fistula had clotted up. I went to change the dressing around her port, and when I lifted the bandage up, a cockroach came scurrying out. There was a motherfucking COCKROACH...on her chest port. Not to mention, she constantly smelled of cat urine, even before her strokes she had that aroma, but it was really bad after her strokes.

I had to call and report it. My patient was the biggest sweetheart, and so was her daughter that was attempting to take care of her. There was just some fucked up shit going on behind the scenes, and everyone in that house needed some sort of help, in one way or another. I just couldn't, in good conscience, let my patient who couldn't move or speak, live in that environment.
    My other half has told me some horrible tales about stuff he's found in machines that have come in for breakdowns or servicing. Bug infestations, rodent droppings etc. Some have been so filthy outside and in that they've instantly classed it as a write off and notified the hospital to send a replacement instead. Those are just the home use machines - he's dealt with lab equipment that has developed faults because its full of pens (some full of teeth marks from being chewed), stickers, paperclips, parts of food wrappers and so on.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    st port in, so she could do her hemodialysis, because her fistula had clotted up. I went to change the dressing around her port, and when I lifted the bandage up, a cockroach came scurrying out. There was a motherfucking COCKROACH...on her chest port. Not to mention, she constantly smelled of cat urine, even before her strokes she had that aroma, but it was really bad after her strokes.
    Holy fuck. Hell 2 the N-O.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

What a loving "mother" to keep her child's dead body around just to dress it up in tacky ass nails and shades and blow through donation money.
    rockchick likes this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Zombie yet?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Update:

Jahi McMath's family petitions to have her declared 'alive again'

In December, the 13-year-old girl was declared brain dead, which is an accepted as a form of death. But her family wants that ruling overturned now that she is once again showing signs of brain activity, according to their attorney.

The family of a California teen who has been considered brain-dead for nearly 10 months wants a court to overturn that designation — legally bringing her back from the dead.
    Jahi McMath, 13, of Oakland, outside San Francisco, has been on machines that feed her and keep her organs going since she was declared brain dead after a tonsillectomy on Dec. 12, 2013.
    Brain death, the irreversible loss of all brain function, is accepted as a form of death. The Alameda County Coroner's Office even issued a death certificate for the girl, said CBS affiliate KPIX.
    But the family's attorney Christopher Dolan filed court documents Tuesday saying she has regained brain activity, San Jose Mercury News reported.
    A new MRI, he says, showed electrical activity in her brain that suggests brain death is not "irreversible" as previously thought.
    The family insists that she responds to touch and voice commands
    Janus likes this.

Did the lawyer conduct the MRI? Because I don't hear anything from a qualified medical practitioner.
    Honeythorn likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Thread Information