Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: End of the World Countdown starts today (12/21/2011) - this time it's the Mayans

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE[/YOUTUBE]
    Screw it, I can't do a YT video, grrr!

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Regardless of what the naysayers think, I think we should party like it's 1999.
    Remember when that seemed soooooooo far away? God I'm old.
    [YOUTUBE]6yB5Dh4F7Es[/YOUTUBE]
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Default Mayan Apocalypse Is Total Bullshit, Claim Druids

The scientific and religious consensus that the world is going to end in 365 days when the planet Nibiru collides with earth on December 21, 2012 was dealt a shattering blow yesterday when English druids said their winter solstice ritual was "a good omen for the year ahead." Will 2012 probably be okay because the druids said so? Or will it be the literal end of time because the Mayans* said so?

Because I am a journalist, my professional ethics require that I approach this debate with an open mind and a commitment to objectivity. I therefore cannot take a stand: I consider it equally probable that the world will, or will not, end on December 21, 2012. I can only report what the druids have said:
    ''Just as the ceremony came to an end the sun came over the horizon, it was excellent,'' [Stonehenge arch druide Rollo] Maughfling said.

''It has been a very jolly occasion. It's a good omen for the year ahead.''
    Against what this Mayan inscription about "b'ak'tun 13," or the end of the 13 400-year periods known as "b'ak'tun," has to say (translation by Sven Gronemeyer and Barbara MacLeod):
    It will be completed the 13th b'ak'tun.
    It is 4 Ajaw 3 K'ank'in
    and it will happen a 'seeing'[?].
    It is the display of B'olon-Yokte'
    in a great "investiture."
    We report, you decide.

*No Mayans actually said this

Mayan Apocalypse Is Total Bullshit, Claim Druids
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Any current quotes from Mayans on this?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bump because it's happening tomorrow.

Here is a message to the people of Australia from our Prime Minister:

MsChiff likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

tomorrow? i thought it was the 21st. you aussies aren't that far ahead of us, are you?
    arie_skop likes this.

Apparently whoever calculated doesn't speak Mayan properly or forgot to carry the 1 or something but it's today (7 December) at 9.00 am, which was 50 minutes ago. I don't know if it's Mayan Central Time though so it might happen later today.

please let us know if the world starts ending over there. let that be your last great effort to save man kind! make sure us gossip rockers on the other side of the world get a head start on planning to die!
    Ravenna likes this.

Well, I have a Hanukkah party the evening of December 21, so I'll be sitting around with friends, eating, drinking and uh, dying I suppose.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It better not be today! I am going to an end of the world party that starts at 11pm on 12/21 and goes until midnight on 12/23. The invitation is so cute. Photo of the hosts in what looks like togas, surrounded by flames. They have requested that guests bring something to offer as a sacrifice to the Gods to prevent the end from coming. They said, "if the world ends as predicted, we will go out together, drunk, well fed, and amongst our favorite people. Should the world not end, we will be left with a serious headache and a mess of a house. You are welcome to help clean up if you would like to start your second chance with a pure heart." LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's the 8th..Aussies clock in. Apparently Armageddon is synchronized by time zones.

Adjusted for time zones, the world will end for me at 6:11 on 12/21. I need to tell my friend right away as their party will be starting too late!

End of the world December 21, 2012?

Will the world end in 2012, like the Mayan Calendar?
    The Mayan calendar finishes one of its great cycles in December 2012, which has fueled countless theories about the end of the world on December 21, 2012 at 11:11(UTC).

End of days? Will the world keep spinning after the Maya Calendar ends? Most likely!

ŠiStockphoto.com/Igor Tchaikovsky

LIVE Countdown to December 21, 2012, 11:11 UTC

One theory suggests a galactic alignment which would create chaos on Earth because of the gravitational effect between the Sun and the Black hole called Sagittarius A, which is located at the center of our galaxy.

Another theory involves a 'polar shift', which means a reversal of the north and south magnetic poles. Scientists believe that the Earth is overdue for a geomagnetic reversal. However this can take up to 5,000 years to complete and does not start on any particular date.

Just a new beginning
    NASA scientists have been thoroughly studying and analyzing the possibility of the Earth ending in 2012, but concludes that 21st December 2012 it will be nothing more than a normal December solstice.

There is simply no scientific evidence to support any claims of an apocalypse on Earth in December 2012.

No planetary alignment
    In response to theories about planetary alignments leading to an apocalypse on Earth on December 21, 2012, the scientists say no planetary alignments will occur in the next few decades. But even if they did, the effects on our planet would be negligible.

NASA also say the 'polar shift' theory is totally impossible. Although continents move slowly throughout time, a magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia and wouldn’t cause any harm to life on Earth.

The scientists conclusion is that the end of the Mayan calendar does not imply the end of the world, only the end of the Mayan long-count period. The 'long count' is a part of the Maya calendar shaped like a wheel. When we reach the end of the wheel, it will simply turn to the beginning again, just like our modern Gregorian calendar starts again every January 1.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm going home to my parents on the 21st. I sense I'll be tragically killed en route, how filmic
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I'm telling you it's been and gone 2 days ago, the Mayans can't count or we can't count in Mayan, if it was supposed to have been some Rapture-style affair then once again I haven't noticed anyone missing so business as usual. See you at the next apocalypse, I'm going to go watch Buffy (Giles was good at this shit, he would never have fucked up the date. Except that one time, and that other time...)

I'm glad to see that you're still among us Faithanne.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information