Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Driver posts selfies, updates Facebook seconds before fatal crash

Not sorry for this woman one bit.

I used to have a Facebook in high school, but it got deleted because it was inactive for so long. I started another one in college, but deleted it myself. I just don't care about anything people post, and don't care about what I have going on enough to post it. It's just broadcasting stupid shit that you wouldn't remember to tell people weeks later ("went to the mall!" "ate a taco!" "took a huge shit!").
    My friends joke that I suck with cellular communication, and honestly sometimes I look at texts then put off responding and later just forget until they send another one. I don't like the expectation/pressure to immediately respond. It's just like, too much pressure. Maybe I'm just asocial but I like talking to people when I see them or only texting to make plans. It's like faux-socializing to just text or message, I might be having a fun convo but I'm alone while communicating. It's weird being in a class in my college and everybody is just on their phone. While I love pulling out my phone to ignore someone I don't want to talk to, it's weird being in a room with 30 people who are ignoring each other and just staring at a little screen.

I do have an empty and fake Facebook account for online stalking, because that is the 1 thing I adore about social media---so fucking easy to stalk. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook... so many wonderful ways to stalk.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Or one of my sisters-in-law who consistently posts stuff that Snopes debunked years ago, missing person notices for people who either have been long found or never existed ("just doing my part to help bring them home!") or those supposedly humorous sayings about how mothers do it all and men are just helpless babies.

I could go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And then there's the "thanks to my lovely sister for the meal" posts. Yeah, we get it. You ate together. Next time just thank her to her face. And the "mommy's so proud of you, honey!" posts. The kid is not reading your Facebook. talk to him.
    You wouldn't happen to have any English relatives would you? Because that is sounding oh so familiar to me... By the way, you missed out the complaints about being sick, sick, SICK (but apparently still well enough to beat several other people on Songpop).

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post

Ugh, now the accountant has announced that as a vegan he doesn't believe in pet ownership of any kind. This after a rant about the evils of horse racing. I wonder if he will be quite to "ethical" about having meat eating, pet owning clients like me. No, didn't think so.
    What exactly does the accountant suggest everyone does with all their pets? Turn them loose to fend for themselves so they don't get proper food, clean water and veterinary treatment for illnesses and so die prolonged, painful deaths? What about when these abandoned cats and dogs and bunnies and guinea pigs and everything else become such a problem that euthanasia squads have to go out every day and start shooting them to control the populations? Is he going to go along and help clean up the bodies and the mess while jauntily humming a few verses of "Born Free"? Fucking fucktard.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

Oh I don't know. He's a mad petard and doesn't think these things through. He's looking down the barrel at 50 but thinks and behaves like a 20yr old. I think it might have something to do with his ditsy dreadlocked young blonde dippy dolphin hugger surfie girlfriend. And like all good petards he now posts really gruesome animal cruelty pics/vids on FB with semi hysterical commentary and a holier than thou Attitude. It's tax time here soon so he's going to be busy but if there is any hint of him dropping the accounting ball then I will be dropping him.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I dumped facebook a while back, but it was interesting to witness quite a few people I used to consider normal expose themselves as attention whores and narcissists.
    Laurent and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    Not sorry for this woman one bit.

I used to have a Facebook in high school, but it got deleted because it was inactive for so long. I started another one in college, but deleted it myself. I just don't care about anything people post, and don't care about what I have going on enough to post it. It's just broadcasting stupid shit that you wouldn't remember to tell people weeks later ("went to the mall!" "ate a taco!" "took a huge shit!").
    My friends joke that I suck with cellular communication, and honestly sometimes I look at texts then put off responding and later just forget until they send another one. I don't like the expectation/pressure to immediately respond. It's just like, too much pressure. Maybe I'm just asocial but I like talking to people when I see them or only texting to make plans. It's like faux-socializing to just text or message, I might be having a fun convo but I'm alone while communicating. It's weird being in a class in my college and everybody is just on their phone. While I love pulling out my phone to ignore someone I don't want to talk to, it's weird being in a room with 30 people who are ignoring each other and just staring at a little screen.

I do have an empty and fake Facebook account for online stalking, because that is the 1 thing I adore about social media---so fucking easy to stalk. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook... so many wonderful ways to stalk.
    you are wise beyond your years
    manningmsj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I have an annoying friend who will post things like " No time to explain, just please pray for me". So of course tons of people will comment back with thoughts and prayers and questions. Then she never updates the post. Six hours later she'll post a pic of she and BF at some food joint. Ugh.
    VAGUEBOOKING. Die.

I had a friend who kept doing that. She always acted completely normal in person. On FB, she was a toxic drama queen who was always posting dramatic threats, angry complaints, cryptic predictions of disaster, etc. I finally cornered her and asked her "which you is the real one? because I don't want to know the person posting as you on Facebook. Do you realize that this is how people you love are starting to think of you??" She made some excuses and cried a little when it was demonstrated how all her friends had gradually begun to completely ignore her posts.

She did stop the shitstirring, though. Facebook can bring out really unpleasant behaviors in people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post

You have discovered the true purpose of social networking. Congratulations!
    manningmsj and sprynkles like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information