Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Drew Peterson engaged to 23 y.o. woman

Wow, really. there's no better parenting option? Where's Stacey's family?
    No one who supports this narcissistic, murderous, rogue ex-cop AND has his DNA should be raising the victim's kids,
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I don't know...I know there's a sister, and another sister who died (Stacey named her daughter after her...Lacy Peterson, just a little ironic). I think she had a pretty sketchy upbringing which explains why she ended up with Drew Peterson at 17.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    This reminds me of something that happened in Tennessee (and covered in Forensic Files). The guy killed his wife and then said she ran away. Her parents fought him for custody of the children, though, and somehow won. And he was arrested for the crime, even though the police did not have much. While he was in jail, he contacted another inmate about killing his inlaws and said that his father would help him with certain details. The guy wore a wire and played along. When the lawyer's dad showed up to take him to the inlaws, they arrested the dad and charged him with conspiracy. He folded and admitted he helped his son dispose of the wife's body. So, they finally got the guy.

What the two cases had in common was the two guys being undone by their own vindictiveness.
    I think you're talking about the Perry March case. His father actually dug up the body and reburied it. He never said where and he died in jail.

After 10 Years and Many Turns, Murder Trial Starts in Nashville

By THEO EMERY
    Published: August 7, 2006

NASHVILLE, Aug. 6 — It was a warm September day in 1996 when the police arrived at the dead-end street where Perry and Janet March had built their home. Detectives fanned out to search the woods and combed nearby properties for the missing Mrs. March.

Van Nuys Police Department
    Perry March was arrested in Mexico and returned to face charges in the United States in August 2005.

The search of the secluded neighborhood on the outskirts of the city turned up no sign of her. Neither did a search of Mr. March’s law office, nor of a remote park.

A decade later, Mr. March, 45, goes on trial this week, accused of murdering his wife, whose remains have not been found. What began as a missing person report eventually sprawled to Mexico from Tennessee in a tangled skein of cases that riveted Nashville, and included an admission by Mr. March’s father that he helped dispose of the body and a murder-for-hire plot to kill Mr. March’s in-laws.

Mr. March has been charged in four cases — three in state court and one in federal court. He was convicted in June in state court of conspiring to kill his wife’s parents, and in April of stealing from his father-in-law’s law firm. He is scheduled to go on trial in October on federal charges related to the murder-for-hire scheme.

Perry and Janet March seemed like a couple bound to make a mark on Nashville. Janet March was an artist and the daughter of a prominent Nashville lawyer, Lawrence Levine. Perry March worked at his father-in-law’s firm.
    The young couple bought land in Forest Hills, an exclusive enclave in southern Nashville. There, they built Mrs. March’s dream home.

Things were not always peaceful between the Marches and their neighbors who lived off the cul-de-sac, said Ashton Lackey Jr., who lived with his mother on nearby Crater Hill Road. Mr. March once got into a shouting match with Mr. Lackey’s mother over a minor property dispute, Mr. Lackey said, and would yell at neighbors who ventured up the private road to the house.

“He had a really bad temper,” Mr. Lackey said.

On Aug. 15, 1996, Mrs. March disappeared, leaving behind her husband and their two children, ages 5 and 2. Mr. March reported her missing two weeks later, telling the police that she had just packed her bags and left.

Then Mrs. March’s car was found at a west Nashville apartment complex. The police began treating Mr. March as a suspect, and in September executed search warrants of the home. Dozens of police officers descended on the neighborhood.

“My mouth was wide open when I saw it on the news,” Mr. Lackey said.

The search for Mrs. March dominated the headlines and the nightly news like few other recent cases, and speculation was rampant.

But no body was found. Mr. March moved back to his native Chicago with the children, as his in-laws fought for visitation rights with their grandchildren. In 1999, he moved with the children to Ajijic, Mexico, where his father, Arthur W. March, 78, had a retirement home. Mr. March remarried in 2000.

Over the years, Perry March battled with his in-laws over custody of the children. The Levines, who had filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Mr. March, were awarded $113 million in damages by a jury; the award was later thrown out.

Then, last year, the case blew wide open. The police announced in August that Mr. March had been indicted months before for second-degree murder, abuse of a corpse and evidence tampering. He had been arrested in Mexico and was returned to Nashville.

The case took another turn in October, when Mr. March and his father were charged with trying to hire a hit man to kill the Levines. Arthur March was arrested in January in Mexico, and was returned to Nashville.

In February, the elder March admitted that his son had killed Janet March, and that he and his son had disposed of the body in Kentucky. Under a plea agreement, Arthur March was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison and agreed to cooperate in the case against his son.

Jury selection will begin Monday in Chattanooga; the rest of the trial will be held in Nashville.

Mr. Levine and a lawyer for Arthur March, Fletcher Long, declined to comment, citing a judge’s order prohibiting discussion of the case. William Massey, a lawyer for Perry March, also declined to comment through an assistant.
    The Levines have custody of the March children, Samson, 15, and Tzipora, 12.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/07/us/07trial.html?_r=0
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Thanks for the followup, Shimmeringglow - that was a freaking EPIC case. That little f*cker was STILL trying to get custody of the kids assigned to his Mexican wife after getting convicted of murder.

You're welcome! This case is just as strange. He admitted to killing his wife in order to get a reduced sentence. He said in an interview that he can't wait to get out to raise his son. I'm surprised that the boy is with the paternal grandparents when his mother had 8 siblings and her parents.

Abaroa pleads guilty but maintains innocence in wife's 2005 death :: WRAL.com
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Sorry for the necro, but kind of a cryptic update to this guy and his prison tenure. They won't even talk about specifically what he was up to this time. But he was a threat to the whole prison! Kind of scary:

Ex-cop jailed for killing wife was ?threat? to Illinois prison - NY Daily News

Ex-cop jailed for killing wife and hiring hit man to kill
    attorney was ‘threat’ to Illinois prisonThe notorious ex-cop jailed for murdering his third wife and then trying to have someone kill the prosecutor who put him behind bars was transferred to a federal prison because authorities felt he was a danger to the facility where he was serving out his sentence.
    Drew Peterson last month was suddenly transferred from Menard Correctional Center in Illinois to a prison in Terre Haute, Ind. At the time, officials declined to discuss the move, but a prison memo obtained by the Chicago Tribune revealed they felt the former Bolingbrook police officer was “a threat to safety and security of the department.”
    “With his placement outside of the Illinois Department of Corrections, it is imperative this offender be continually monitored through his mail as well as telephone conversation due to his former actions,” the agency’s acting manager, Doug Stephens, wrote in a letter to the agency’s director.

Former Bolingbrook police sergeant Drew Peterson arrives at the Will County Courthouse in Joliet, Ill. in 2009.

(M. SPENCER GREEN/AP)

Federal officials approved the transfer to Terre Haute on Feb. 10 and he was moved from Menard 10 days later, the Tribune reported.
    Ex-Chicago cop Drew Peterson guilty of plot to murder prosecutor
    “The information regarding this move should be treated as highly confidential and limited to only staff needed to complete this transfer,” Illinois Department of Corrections assignment coordinator Kath Greer wrote in a Feb. 16 email.
    Peterson was serving a 38-year prison sentence for the 2004 murder of his wife, Kathleen Savio, when he was again convicted of trying to hire someone to kill Will County State’s Attorney James Glasgow.
    The ex-cop sought out the assistance of fellow Menard inmate Antonio “Beast” Smith to have the man who put him behind bars murdered.

Jurors agreed in July that Peterson attempted to hire an inmate's uncle to kill State's Attorney James Glasgow.

(M. SPENCER GREEN/AP)

His ally, however, had been working with the authorities, who, in turn, were able to record hours of prison conversations.
    Ex-Chicago cop Drew Peterson guilty of plot to murder prosecutor
    In one exchange, Peterson revealed he’d ordered a hitman to kill Glasgow by Christmas of 2014, according to the newspaper. He was given another 40 years for the murder plot.
    Authorities also suspect he has a role in the disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy Peterson, who went missing in 2007.
    Peterson’s third wife was found dead in the bathtub of her home in 2004. Savio’s death was initially ruled an accident, but the case was reopened when the criminal's most recent spouse vanished.
    He will be eligible for parole in 2081.

That guy is just pure evil. Talk about a sociopath.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Complete psychopath.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Jesus christ, all this contortionist crap. Just accidentally leave him in gen pop for five minutes, cops are hated and he needs killing.
    Waterslide, panic and Kittylady like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was going to post this when I saw it on the news and was having computer issues and forgot. No one could figure out what happened and this really doesn't clear things up, does it? The guy is maniacal.

Terre Haute is where they keep all the federal death row inmates, I think. Timothy McVeigh was executed there.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Another recent article about his eldest son, who has been raising his younger half-siblings, living in Drew's house, and collecting Drew's $79k/yr police pension. Now that the pension has been cut off, he has to find a job. Part of me feels sorry for him because I think he was manipulated like everyone else in Drew's life. But I'm not sure he's exactly a good guy either. Especially about not letting Stacy's family see her kids.

Drew Peterson's son: Father 'probably' killed both wives

Kate Thayer Chicago Tribune

Living in his father's home, raising his father's children, Stephen Peterson, the son of convicted murderer Drew Peterson, said he's spent the better part of a decade cleaning up his dad's "mess."
    In 2012, Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years in prison for the 2004 slaying of his third wife, Kathleen Savio, whose death was re-examined after Peterson's next wife, Stacy, disappeared in 2007. Illinois State Police long ago named Drew Peterson a suspect in Stacy's disappearance, which remains an active investigation.

In an interview with the Tribune, and on a Lifetime cable network show that aired in January, Stephen revealed that he believes his father, a former Bolingbrook police sergeant, "probably" killed Savio. He further told the Tribune that he's come to believe his father also killed Stacy.

"Over time, you hear enough (from police). They can't all be full of s---," Stephen said. "I don't want to come out and say he did it ... but, I'm sure he did it."

Peterson, 37, said he doesn't know details of what might have happened to Stacy, and that his father still maintains his innocence to him. Drew Peterson has not been charged in connection with Stacy's disappearance.

Since Drew Peterson's arrest, Stephen lost his job as an Oak Brook police officer for failing to disclose details of interactions he had with his father after Stacy disappeared. His marriage ended, and he moved into the Bolingbrook home Drew and Stacy once shared. He is acting as guardian to Drew and Stacy's two children, now in middle school, and looked after Drew's two sons with Savio, who are now young adults.

Drew "kind of put us in a really bad situation I have to clean up now," Stephen Peterson said, sitting at his kitchen table.

Stephen Peterson said he still loves his father and doesn't like "bashing him." He remembers him as a funny dad and a good provider, but also said Drew tends to only think of himself, even now. "It's not funny anymore."

Stephen Peterson leaves the DuPage County Courthouse in Wheaton on March 18, 2013. A judge upheld the former police officer's dismissal from the Oak Brook department.
    (Chuck Berman / Chicago Tribune)

Last summer marked the end of Drew Peterson's pension payments, which Stephen said he had used to support the family after he lost his job in 2011. The day after Stephen Peterson learned that source of support would be cut off, he said he got a call from producers of the Lifetime show, "Monster in my Family."

"The time was right," he said.

Though he has declined interviews in the past, Peterson said he needed the $10,000 he received for doing the show, which also featured interviews with relatives of Savio and Stacy Peterson. The show focused on Drew Peterson's four marriages, his infidelity, Savio's death and the circumstances surrounding Stacy's disappearance.

Stacy Peterson's sister Cassandra Cales did not appear on the show but told the Tribune that Stephen Peterson has refused to let her see Stacy's children.

"Steve was on (the show) because he just wanted to portray himself as this good guy," Cales said. "He wants people to feel sorry for him."

Peterson doesn't dispute that he hasn't let Cales see Drew and Stacy's children, saying he doesn't "trust" Cales.

Peterson also told the Tribune he identified with the show's host, Melissa Moore, the daughter of Keith Jesperson, known as the "Happy Face Killer" for a series of murders in the 1990s. Moore has gone through the same emotions, Peterson said. "The sadness, the anxiety, (asking), 'Did he do it? Did he not do it?' ... People looking at you sideways."

Peterson said he initially believed his father's claims that Savio died from an accidental drowning and that Stacy ran off with a boyfriend. He said there was no "a-ha moment," but he eventually started to change his mind about his dad.

On the show, Stephen Peterson didn't say much about Stacy's disappearance but spoke of his father's rocky relationship with Savio.

He recalled hearing his father and Savio argue at night when he was a teenager. The fights would get so bad, he said, that in the morning, the "house would be destroyed."

He also described how his father was known to cheat on his wives with younger women.

Stephen Peterson also said Stacy acted scared after Savio's death: "You kind of look back and think, maybe she did know something, or maybe something did happen, but at the time we never thought twice about it."

He said he's no longer mad at his dad and is solely focused on raising his siblings, who he thinks of as his own children. He also has a daughter of his own, who lives with him part time.
    Drew Peterson admitted killing missing wife, wanted prosecutor dead, inmate testifies

When he first moved into his father's house, he didn't change much, thinking the living arrangement would be temporary, he said.

Eventually he and the kids started to redecorate and paint, he said. Hockey equipment fills corners in various rooms, and framed photos of the smiling children hang on the walls. Stephen Peterson chuckles when looking up at a large portrait on the kitchen wall — a print of "Seinfeld" character George Costanza, lounging on a chaise in a famous scene from the show.

The house now feels more like home, he said.

Though he and his siblings still talk to their father on the phone, Stephen said the family has yet to visit Drew at downstate Menard Correctional Center. On the phone from prison, Stephen said, his father seems to remain in good spirits, still joking, despite another recent criminal conviction. Last year, Drew Peterson, now 63, was found guilty of conspiring from prison to kill the prosecutor who put him behind bars and was sentenced to an additional 40 years. Before that, his father's legal team told Stephen that Drew's murder conviction could possibly be overturned on appeal.

"Why would you do that?" Stephen Peterson said of the murder-for-hire scheme. "Why would you even risk that?" Drew told him the allegations "aren't what they seem," his son said.

Convicted killer Drew Peterson, seen here in 2009, was sentenced in 2013 for murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, who was found dead in 2004.

Stephen Peterson said Drew's younger children at first were told their dad was away "helping the police," but now know he's in prison. Over the years, classmates have confronted the kids, telling them, "'Your dad killed your mom,'" he said. He tells the kids to stay off the internet and to come to him with questions.
    Stephen Peterson said he told his dad he planned to tape the Lifetime show, but he's not sure if Drew watched.

"I'm sure he'll be upset," he said, "not like his opinion matters now." Still, Stephen said he thinks his dad will understand he needed the money he received from the show.

Now that the pension is gone, Stephen said he plans to look for work, possibly still in law enforcement. Oak Brook police fired Stephen after village officials found that, after Stacy's disappearance, he stored his father's guns and checks totaling more than $200,000.

Stephen said his father brought him the guns the day after Stacy went missing, telling him he assumed there would be a search because police would look for her and he didn't want them damaged.

"He's your dad and you don't think twice," Stephen said, adding he didn't suspect anything at the time. "Why would my dad put me in a bad position?"

Drew Peterson's son: Father 'probably' killed both wives - Chicago Tribune

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I didn't know the son was an Oak Brook police officer. He seems at least semi-shady. I'm sure some part of you is in denial, but if you're law enforcement, how could you shut off that part of your brain saying things don't add up?

Drew "kind of put us in a really bad situation I have to clean up now," Stephen Peterson said, sitting at his kitchen table.
    "Kind of"?

About the pension, why was anyone allowed to collect any of that? And for how many years did Stephen collect it? Since 2012? That's quite a bit of money, I'd think you could make that stretch. Not to mention that he could have gotten some kind of employment since then?
    Kittylady likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yep, the son had been collecting it since Drew's conviction. Guess he didn't need a job while he was making $79k a year being the kids guardian. The city had been trying to cut him off, but the felony conviction didn't make him ineligible, only if the felony was related to his duties as a police officer. Or some such bullshit. His lawyers are now suing to have the pension reinstated. Unfuckingbelievable, I know.
    Waterslide likes this.

JFC, that is unbelievable! I literally read that article three times and thought I was missing something, like he was receiving it as an oversight or it was in trust for the kids. Boohoo, now he has to work. Ffs!

I'm still curious what he did that the whole prison was threatened.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information