Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Oz accused of fear-mongering on apple juice

I buy local and organic when I can. Nothing if it says China. I try my best. My kids hate the fact I won't buy canned mandrin oranges. Tough. Juice rots teeth.

^This. Apple juice is pretty much sugar water, not many nutrients to speak of. Don't feed kids juice, fruit is better.

Kids don't need juice. Think of their teef and give them water and regular fruit.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Kids don't need juice. Think of their teef and give them water and regular fruit.
    this. a very large portion of the kids i know irl drink too much juice and almost no water. i'm really kinda amazed how often i get the look when i tell people that my kid doesn't drink juice.

and, of course buy local and organic and all that good stuff. locally made apple cider w/ no preservatives & crap in it...really, one of my favorite fall treats. who doesn't love that stuff? yummm.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

There is nothing like a crunchy apple! Especially the gala ones.
    or:
    Core the apple. Slice in rounds. Coat one side with peanut butter & slap 2 togeher. Apple donuts! And kids love them.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

and, of course buy local and organic and all that good stuff. locally made apple cider w/ no preservatives & crap in it...really, one of my favorite fall treats. who doesn't love that stuff? yummm.
    Here in MI, we have plenty of Cider Mills that make the best apple cider ever. It makes the cider sold in the stores taste like muddy urine.

Speaking of, I always thought apple juice tasted like pee, even when I was little I'd drink milk or water instead of juice during lunch. Never liked it at all.

We aren't doing juice either. We tried the little bottles of organic apple and the baby hated it. She loves fruit and she loves water, so I don't see the need. It's just calories and sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I saw this on the News last night. They also interviewed several other doctors who said he shouldn't have said that and blah,blah.
    Then, asked point blank if they would give their own kids apple juice, they said no!
    I found that telling! If they won't let their own kids have it, why junk the rest of us?
    Why protect their own kids, using the same logic as Dr Oz, yet criticize him for telling a truth? Until we have a test proving what arsnic is natural and what and how much arsnic is added by pesticides, he has a point.
    He was mostly saying "Be aware of this" ,IMO.
    Most likely because those doctors know that apple juice is mostly sugar and water. Kids don't need that in their diet.

With my son whenever he would have juice I would cut it with water. 2/3 water, 1/3 juice. Tasted gross to me, but he loved it. We don't buy juice often. Milk and water is fine.

Apple juice has a pretty good number of healthful nutrients, including some that fight cancer. However, the juice has a lot of sugar, which is too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Most likely because those doctors know that apple juice is mostly sugar and water. Kids don't need that in their diet.

With my son whenever he would have juice I would cut it with water. 2/3 water, 1/3 juice. Tasted gross to me, but he loved it. We don't buy juice often. Milk and water is fine.
    Nope. Both ( totally individually) were talking specifically about the arsnic level.
    The sugar stuff is just an extra concern.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i like apple juice, its nice
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post

That was always my thought, there aren't enough hours in the day to get the water and milk that a kid needs, why mess with filler.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Apple Juice has always tasted nasty to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I think white grape juice is the safest for tiny people.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I think white grape juice is the safest for tiny people.
    That's what my kids' pediatrician always suggested. For the life of me, I can't remember why he preferred it over apple juice, but he was always said, that if I just had to give my kid juice, give them white grape juice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information