Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Disney gator attack: 2-year-old believed dead as rescue turns to recovery

Elite Member

One summer, there was a gator living in the lagoon next to the boardwalk on the way from our condo to the beach at Hilton Head. We walked by it every day and didn't think anything of it. They're everywhere out there, and I probably wasn't nearly as cautious as I could have been.

I also very vividly remember a spot in the Everglades where alligators AND crocodiles live. There's a boardwalk over their swamp and I recall there being hundreds crawling around. Cree-py.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    What gets me is that a lot of times the person/child disappears and they kind of guess it's a gator. In this case, the mom and dad together were struggling to pull the kid out of its jaws. I can barely process it...

OMG. We have this place where we stay at the weekends and the sailboat is just 20 m away from the beach; We used to swim to the boat until one day there was a croc between the beach and the boat. This story just confirms how effing lucky we have been...

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Every hotel in Florida qualifies for this.
    I stayed at Westgate Lakes Resorts, and a baby gator was spotted by a friend who ventured out earlier. I said if there is a baby gator, the mother must be nearby. There is a huge lake within the resort, plus 6 or 7 pools.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

And the bugs down there - some of them are the size of a man's fist!
    The company commanders used to tease some of the recruits by saying that there were stray gators on the base. They were joking, but now, I wonder.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I spent one night at one of the Disney hotels years ago. There were cockroaches in the room. We searched our suitcases before we left to make sure none of them were coming home with us.
    BITTER likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Florida is part of The Lost World.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

"No Swimming" is the equivalent of "Stay the Ever Loving Fuck out of the Goddamn Water, AssFace". Period.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bitter stop it!!!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    "No Swimming" is the equivalent of "Stay the Ever Loving Fuck out of the Goddamn Water, AssFace". Period.
    Just the same, Disney just announced it is changing all of those signs.
    Brookie and Seapharris7 like this.

As far as a lawsuit, Disney will pay them MILLIONS. Growing up, I knew of a kid that got hit by the Disney train. He ended up fine, I think he may have had minor surgery, but that was it. Rumor was Disney paid them $1 million. And this was back in the 80's. And...their cousin that told me the story could have been lying, but I don't think he was.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Who really knows? They are pretty secretive about this stuff, and there was even a rumor that Disney had a deal with the Orlando authorities that if someone was grievously injured at Disney that they wouldn't be declared dead until they were officially outside the Disney property - which would be amazing for keeping down negative accident statistics. I find it hard to believe that this is anything more than some rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Bitter stop it!!!
    Sinkholes, hurricanes, man-eating gators, George Zimmerman...Real Housewives of Miami...
    greysfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    TBH I wouldn't read that as no paddling or wading. They should have, at minimum, said stay out of the water.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    TBH I wouldn't read that as no paddling or wading. They should have, at minimum, said stay out of the water.
    And possibly put some fencing there - even that gorilla, who is not known as a predator or even a meat eater, had some kind of border between him and the public.

The pictures I've seen of where the attack occurred make it look like the beach entrance to a pool, practically.
    Flygirl likes this.

fgg

DISNEY WORLD
    SCARY GATOR ENCOUNTER
    Weeks Before Deadly Attack

Turns out Disney World is a haven for gators ... which have become so bold they tried to board a raft that is often filled with unsuspecting guests.

TMZ obtained this footage ... shot a month ago at Disney World. You see a gator climb aboard the log raft that takes guests to Tom Sawyer Island on the Rivers of America.

Our Disney World sources say gators are a nagging problem that has not been abated. After the gator mounted the raft park employees set out to catch the female gator ... we don't know the outcome.

Disney's Rivers of America sits less than 2 miles away from the Seven Seas Lagoon at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort where Lane Graves was snatched and killed.

As we previously reported ... the resort only had "no swimming" signs, and the boy wasn't even swimming ... he was standing in a foot of water at the time of the attack.

Disney World: Scary Gator Encounter ... Weeks Before Deadly Attack | TMZ.com

video! and pics at the link.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information