Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Disney gator attack: 2-year-old believed dead as rescue turns to recovery

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    They really need more than just 'No Swimming' signs. Alligators can walk on land. They run like fucking lightning too.
    A long time ago, we were having drinks with my brother's coworker. She grew up in Florida and said that as a child she had been chased by a gator and actually ended up climbing a tree to get away from it. She stayed up there until the gator got bored and walked away. I cannot imagine something like that being part of your daily existence.

They found the body in 6 ft of water about 10 yards from where he was dragged in. Alligator apparently drowned the poor little thing.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

If they don't already, Disney should warn about the alligators, beyond just no swimming signs.

Gators are EVERYWHERE there is water in Florida, man-made or not. They come through storm drains and when it rains they come out and wander. A couple times in college at UF we saw some walking down campus streets when it rained because we had lakes and woods nearby. Also seen plenty of gators in swimming pools where apartments and homes were near creeks or swamps.

They're a menace and I don't really feel sorry for them like I did for the gorilla.

I was aware there are gators all over the property. You are supposed to report them if you see one, they relocate them.

There should be better signage than the no swimming signs, however the family was about a foot deep in the lagoon. I don't go anywhere near water that's not a swimming pool at Disney, not just because of gators but because of the deadly bacteria in the waters there.

It's a horrific thing that happened and those poor parents are going to need so much help trying to even begin to deal with this.

I thought the gator would have eaten the boy. Sorry I know that is horrible but I'm surprised they found his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I thought the gator would have eaten the boy. Sorry I know that is horrible but I'm surprised they found his body.
    Yeah, I think that will help a little bit with the parents. I could have sworn I read that alligators can't really tear up the prey that they catch (only grip it) and have to kind of wait for it to soften up.

I honestly can't imagine how those parents will live, just in witnessing your young child die in such a horrible, horrible manner. I can't even fathom their pain, I can't even imagine something close to it. How awful.

Elite Member

I truly cannot begin to imagine. This is so, so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    I honestly can't imagine how those parents will live,
    My first thought was I'd be done. I start to imagine it and I feel intense anxiety. Those people living through it... god help them. Poor heartbroken souls.

I've been to Disney twice and gators never crossed my mind. No idea they were in the damn resort.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Gators are everywhere down there. They LIVE there.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Well yeah I know that. I thought the Disney environment was controlled.
    MmeVertigina and twitchy2.0 like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

They are everywhere at Disney. Believe it or not, I once saw one on the Peter Pan's Flight ride.

Elite Member

I'm surprised he was found so close to where he was taken. They were searching for so long, or so it seemed. I know a lot of it was in the dark.

Those poor parents. I can't even imagine.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yeah, I think that will help a little bit with the parents. I could have sworn I read that alligators can't really tear up the prey that they catch (only grip it) and have to kind of wait for it to soften up.
    You are right Mo. Gators and crocs keep underwater 'larders' for their kills and return to them time and time again to eat as the body softens and decomposes.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

I've been to Disney twice and gators never crossed my mind. No idea they were in the damn resort.
    As someone who doesn't live with gators as an everyday concern I wouldn't have thought of them either. You make the assumption that a huge resort like Disney would have strict safety controls to prevent wild animals getting into the tourist areas. Plus there was apparently no sign posting warning about gators being present so your natural assumption for a No Swimming sign would be to think that it was because there weren't any duty lifeguards or that tangling weeds could be a problem to swimmers, not bloody alligators.

Disney have fucked up royally with this. Why did they have Movie Nights on the beach if there's alligators in the water? Why do they have boating activities available if there's alligators in the water? Why don't they have fucking signs up saying that there are alligators in the water?? The neighbouring non-Disney hotels do so why didn't they? The park attracts visitors from all over the world so it was crass stupidity to not warn people.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Alligators are usually very scared of people and will hide when they are near, especially big hordes of them. That baby must have been too tempting, or this gator was being fed by some idiot somewhere and had lost its fear of people. If this was the first attack in 50 years then Disney probably thought everything was fine, not that their negligence is excusable though.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information