Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: "Diaper-free" movement encourages parents to potty train from birth

  1. #16
    Elite Member MarieAntoinette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,977

    Default

    I'd prefer it if the kids would wet their diapers. I have seen to many moms letting their really young children relieve themselves in parks, next to trees or , my favourite one, right through a canal fence. Please!

  2. #17
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I have a problem with this, too. It's disgusting. If you want a "diaper free" child, at least have the courtesy for others to make them use a toilet while in public instead of assuming that everyone else will be as impressed as you are that your spawn is relieving itself in a sink, public park, or any other place that is utilized by other people who DON'T want to come into contact with your child's waste. If you're unwilling or unable to do this, keep the child at home until it's properly trained.

    I cringe when I think of the people washing their hands at that sink and probably inadvertently getting traces of Lucia's waste all over them.

    Allowing and ENCOURAGING your child to relieve itself in public anywhere other than in a diaper or toilet is TOTALLY unacceptable and truly obnoxious.
    I saw this going on everywhere when I lived in Spain. Remember seeing it in parts of Mexico too. Mothers helping their little boys pee against a building or a tree on a crowded city sidewalk. Even pooping. I thought it was gross and inappropriate but apparently no one else batted an eye as if it were completely normal and acceptable. I mean, if everyone else including little girls--and I never saw little girls publicly peeing/pooping--if everyone else can find a bathroom to relieve themselves, why should it be any different for little boys?

  3. #18
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    I think EC is a load of crap. You aren't training the baby, the baby is training YOU.

  4. #19
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    In theory that's true Beeyotch and if you are sensible you ensure you kid goes 'for a check' as we used to call it before we went out anywhere, but kids do get caught short and when they gotta go, they gotta go so there were occasions when getting to the nearest bathroom was impossible. And to be honest it's better to find a discrete place to let your kid pee then make them wet their clothes which is uncomfortable, humiliating and inconvenient because it means you have to go straight home unless you want to buy a new outfit for the little tike.

    However, it's NOT the same as actively encouraging your child to pee/poo in an inappropriate place.

    This is one of those topics where only someone whose been through the potty training drama can really understand the reality. But with common sense and forward planning it's not a big deal to get your child clean and dry without too many 'accidents'.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  5. #20
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,532

    Default

    This has to be one of the dumbest articles I have ever read.

  6. #21
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default

    Am I the only one here 'juvenile' enough to get a snicker out of 'diaper free' and 'movement' being side by side in the title of this article? And yeah I think this 'movement' IS a 'movement'-a big pile of shit. No shitting/pissing in parks, on the streets, or *yuck!* in public restroom sinks!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

  7. #22
    Elite Member Gen X EJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    BIAB's Freakshow
    Posts
    2,940

    Default

    I just think it's hilarious. What will they think of next?? Not teaching kids to read because books kill trees??
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

  8. #23
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I think EC is a load of crap. You aren't training the baby, the baby is training YOU.
    Exactly. I heard about this around the time I had my first child and I think it's a load of crap, no pun intended.

  9. #24
    Elite Member darksithbunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh for petes sake. This makes me so tired. How popular are these people with friends & relatives? Yuk! Like people who try cloth diapers-nasty and spend 3 times the amount on soap, using all the water and STILL they are not gonna be clean!! Poor babies. Their childhood has been shortened, now babyhood? Get a dog for fast potty training!
    Once again, you voiced my thought! Wow. I think you are becoming a very good mind reader! LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I saw this going on everywhere when I lived in Spain. Remember seeing it in parts of Mexico too. Mothers helping their little boys pee against a building or a tree on a crowded city sidewalk. Even pooping. I thought it was gross and inappropriate but apparently no one else batted an eye as if it were completely normal and acceptable. I mean, if everyone else including little girls--and I never saw little girls publicly peeing/pooping--if everyone else can find a bathroom to relieve themselves, why should it be any different for little boys?
    Crazy, isn't it? Yet we have to pick up our dog's shit when he goes. Crazy, crazy, CRAZY world we live in. LOL.
    Last edited by Tati; August 30th, 2007 at 12:20 PM.

  10. #25
    Elite Member missbazilb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Is this another way to compete for being the perfect parent? Well, little Zelda Moonshine stopped wearing diapers at 3 months!!!! So, my little Kennaadddeee Breeeanna stopped wearing diapers at 2 months!!

    Go to hell. When I can tell my kid is ready, that's when I'll start.

  11. #26
    Elite Member suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580

    Default

    Interesting concept - really odd execution.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

  12. #27
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Still, the practice is common in many parts of rural Africa and Asia where parents cannot afford diapers Why do these new age earth momma types seem to always look to third world nations for ideas on how to raise happy haelthy kids in the Western world? They are the same ones who tit feed until age 12 because somebody in Watabatabooshla doesn't have access to clean water and good nutrition. Many of those third world kids die before their 5th birthday (if you believe what Sally Struthers says), so does that mean these hip mommas are going to off their kids before Kindergarten?

    Why do some people think that baby shit and piss is somehow less toxic than adult waste? Why am I not supposed to mind using a sink after a kid pissed in it when you know damn well the kid's mom wouldn't use a sink after I had pissed in it.

  13. #28
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

    Why do some people think that baby shit and piss is somehow less toxic than adult waste? Why am I not supposed to mind using a sink after a kid pissed in it when you know damn well the kid's mom wouldn't use a sink after I had pissed in it.

    That is an excellent point, crumpet. Parents who assume that their child is so special that it couldn't possible offend or disgust anyone and that it transcends social and etiquette norms really bother me. The way I see it, waste is waste, whether it comes from an adult or a child. It's filthy, disgusting, and unsanitary.

  14. #29
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    That is an excellent point, crumpet. Parents who assume that their child is so special that it couldn't possible offend or disgust anyone and that it transcends social and etiquette norms really bother me. The way I see it, waste is waste, whether it comes from an adult or a child. It's filthy, disgusting, and unsanitary.
    Yeah. That goes double for the placenta brains who think it's okay to change a baby diaper in the middle of a restaurant, be it on a chair or right on the damn table!

  15. #30
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    13,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Still, the practice is common in many parts of rural Africa and Asia where parents cannot afford diapers Why do these new age earth momma types seem to always look to third world nations for ideas on how to raise happy haelthy kids in the Western world?
    Exactly. Maybe that's why there's no clean water.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. AOL "Stinky Diaper" Awards
    By Novice in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 7th, 2011, 09:02 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: June 26th, 2007, 09:53 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
  4. Replies: 54
    Last Post: March 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
  5. "Train Wreck" Defense Rests Its Case
    By JerriBlank in forum News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •