Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Croc shoes banned from Swedish hospitals

i don't understand how those shoes could be any different to wearing sandals... IMO neither are appropriate
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Thank god, those shoes are horrendous. But then, Sweden is the land of the clog...doctors, nurses, clening people, construction guys--they all wear 'em and let me tell you, there is nothing that can bring down a construction guys hotness faster than seeing him in clogs or clog-type shoes.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

The popularity of this shoe has nothing to do with the way they look at all, the way I understand it, but rather the comfort factor. That's why so many people wear them, apparently it's one of the most comfortable shoes ever. I could see myself wearing these maybe if I had a strenous job where I have to stand around or walk a lot..
    buttmunch, I live in Sweden, and I don't think I've ever seen a swede wear clogs outside the garden... Sandals yes, the chunky, sporty kind. They're comfort creatures, what can I say. But the clogs aren't even that comfortable to begin with.

I actually cringe when I see people wearing these out and about. They're "at home" footwear, or they damn well should be!

buttmunch, I live in Sweden, and I don't think I've ever seen a swede wear clogs outside the garden... Sandals yes, the chunky, sporty kind. They're comfort creatures, what can I say. But the clogs aren't even that comfortable to begin with.
    Really? I remember so many people wearing them all over Stockholm, especially medical types and guys building stuff. Where in sweden do you live?

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    MrAO lives in his crocs. His feet are wider than they are long (almost!) so he finds them very comfortable. Daggy, but what can you do?
    ^^I'm buying my man friend a pair, and was wondering about the sizing, as his feet are the same, extremely wide!

Do you stick with the size shoe they would normally wear? (I'm getting them online, otherwise I'd drag his butt out to try them on)

My 12 year old son now wants a pair. I've not wanted a pair for myself yet, but I think they're cute on guys. I may cave in though.

buttmunch: Västerås, about an hr from Stockholm. I've never noticed them myself... I know that my fiance thinks they're ridiculous to wear outside the house, and so does his family. I mean, they're not even practical. Wooden ones anyway, the clasic style.

I remember alot of guys wearing the white ones with the perforated leather top (wooden sole), and then there were the clogs guys got during thier army service and would wear those. Maybe it's a Stockholm thing? By the way, Västerås is nice. I went to an overnight party there once.

--Sinclair Lewis

Ooh, you've been to our stretch of the woods, huh! That's a first! Little place, quite a bit smaller than the previous one I lived in (Athens, Greece), but it's nice And close enough to Stockholm that one can visit anytime they want, basically... Sorry for the threadjack

Hit By Ban Bus!

i've noticed this is going to be the summer of the crocs. hate hate hate these shoes.

Agreed^^they are horrendous. I don't care how comfy they are, my feet would curl up in shame if I dared put them on.

--Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I have hated crocs too but really like this shoe that Skechers has come out with called Cali Gear. It combines the comfort of the croc with the style of a ballet type shoe. They are pretty cute:

So I bought a pair:

I got them on sale for crazy cheap. I will pretty much buy anything on sale....lol

Those aren't too bad. My M-I-L bought my son a camo pair yesterday. I am now going to have to go in public with him and don't want people to think I bought them. Do you think making him wear one of those signs that hang over his shoulders would be a bit much?

those are not nearly as atrocious they are damn near cutish
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Those aren't bad at all and a vast inprovement on the horrendous croc crap.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information