Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cop Gets Sued After Giving a Woman a Ticket, Then Asking Her Out on a Date

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I'd be seriously freaked out if a police officer used information gained during the course of a traffic stop or via an official database to come to my home address for personal reasons. I'd also be very concerned about any repercussions if I should rebuff his advances (because he's already crossed one line) and would want an official complaint on record in case he continued with the unwanted attention.
    This! She might have felt intimidated into going out with him or if she said no that he would make life difficult for her.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i wonder if she would have felt differently if he was hot?

definitely creepy.
    I wonder that too.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    eh. i don't think she should be suing him. it's not like he turned crazy stalker or anything. he asked her out once and that was it. i think the chick is blowing it out of proportion.
    Agreed. I also think, though, that he should've been more clever and subtle about the whole thing. Contrived to run into her at her neighborhood Starbuck's or something. Granted that seems more stalkery, but in the interest of not scaring or angering her with the direct approach, it might've been wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    He got her address when she handed him her driver's license. C'mon now.
    Exactly. Jeez. Anyway, from everything I've heard it's not nearly as easy nowadays to just access databases right and left without the proper clearance. Shit is logged and you are held accountable. Wonders of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    This! She might have felt intimidated into going out with him or if she said no that he would make life difficult for her.
    Well, but he left her the note. In his writing, presumably, with his prints on it and so forth. I would call that "evidence". And if she'd been smart enough to keep it, then she'd have proof he asked her out, etc. His approach was completely UN-stalkery, but it backfired badly.

He sounds guilty mostly of being dumb and oddly naive to me. I think in her case I'd've just said nope, and only gotten hostile if he didn't leave me alone after that. People really are too litigious these days.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information