Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: CIA chief David Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair

Well, if he does it WITH you, most likely he'll do it TO you...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Elite Member

I wonder if the woman who received the harassing emails is the wife? Perhaps Broadwell is turning out to be a bit of a bunny boiler.

If so, it would add to reasons resignation was the right thing to do. I figure Petraeus knows what his exposure is and knew the story wasn't going to get any better as it unfolded.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Whoa, I hadn't even concidered that the wife might have been the 3rd woman who reported the emails.
    I just assumed it was someone in his office.
    If that is the case his rage towards Paula will know no bounds. I wonder if we will ever know.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I tend to think it wasn't the wife who Broadwell was supposedly harassing. I wonder if Broadwell, who apparently worships the ground that Petraeus walks on and wrote a biography that's more of a hagiography, saw that Petraeus was getting close to another woman, and she felt entitled somehow to tell that other woman to back off.
    Mel1973 and Trixie like this.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I tend to think it wasn't the wife who Broadwell was supposedly harassing. I wonder if Broadwell, who apparently worships the ground that Petraeus walks on and wrote a biography that's more of a hagiography, saw that Petraeus was getting close to another woman, and she felt entitled somehow to tell that other woman to back off.
    ^^This.

However, I do question the timing on this. He should still testify on Benghazi and so should Hilary Clinton.. especially if she plans on running in 2016. She needs to clear her name now.

He will testify, even if behind closed doors. He just got back from his fact finding mission with taped interviews and pages of notes. He will know more that even his deputy.
    Meet The Press said this morning he has no itention of fading to the background and will still be helping in some capacity.
    His personal mission statement seems to be when you make a mistake admit it , move on and don't waste time looking in the rear view window. I think that is a great one.
    laynes likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    ^^This.

However, I do question the timing on this. He should still testify on Benghazi and so should Hilary Clinton.. especially if she plans on running in 2016. She needs to clear her name now.
    I agree with that, Laynes. By the way, here is an update confirming that it wasn't Petraeus' wife who received the emails:

Paula Broadwell Emails Sent To State Department Military Liaison: AP Source

Paula Broadwell, the woman reported to be having an affair with CIA Director David Petraeus, sent harassing emails to State Department official, the AP reported.
    Jill Kelley, the woman who received emails from Broadwell that prompted her to alert FBI, reportedly works as a State Department military liaison.
    According to the Washington Post, the woman was "frightened" for her safety and contacted the FBI for protection. The Post describes the emails as "threatening."
    The New York Times reported that the woman's complaint led the FBI to learn of Petraeus' affair. According to the Times, officials decided to investigate Broadwell and stumbled upon emails that revealed the relationship.
    Broadwell is an expert on military affairs and the author of a biography on Petraeus. She is married with two children and lives in Charlotte, N.C.
    Petreaus is married to Holly Petreaus, who is the assistant director of service-member affairs at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
    MSNBC broke the news of the affair, and Petraeus' decision to resign as CIA Director,on Friday.

According to the New York Times,some senior members of Congress were alerted of the news several hours before the story broke. White House officials knew as early as Wednesday night.
    Here's more from the AP:
    WASHINGTON — A senior U.S. military official says the author who had an affair with David Petraeus sent harassing emails to a woman who was the State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command.
    The official says 37-year-old Jill Kelley in Tampa, Fla., received the emails from Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell that triggered an FBI investigation.
    The official was not authorized to discuss the case publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.
    Another person who knows Kelley and Petraeus confirmed their friendship and said she saw him often.
    Petraeus quit as CIA director last week after acknowledging an extramarital relationship with a woman – later identified as Broadwell.
    The FBI probe began several months ago with a complaint against Broadwell. That investigation led to Broadwell's email account, which uncovered the relationship with Petraeus.

Hum... I wonder if Kelley was actually sleeping with Petraeus or Broadwell is just psycho. Dont you have kids & a husband to worry about?

Seems pretty clear to me that he was messing with this other broad too.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Elite Member

Well, the news crews are camping all over her neighborhood waiting for a catch. Neighbors are pretty pissed and ruining their takes with horns and background distractions.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Well, the news crews are camping all over her neighborhood waiting for a catch. Neighbors are pretty pissed and ruining their takes with horns and background distractions.
    Maybe I'm an asshole, but I love when a neighborhood unites against nosy media.
    Mel1973, Butterfly and sluce like this.

Elite Member

I'm pissed for the kids. As if they weren't going through enough, the media is lighting up their house with huge lights, trying to get a shot of their mom coming home. It's going to be a zoo tomorrow.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Originally Posted by ManxMouse
    Seems pretty clear to me that he was messing with this other broad too.

Originally Posted by Seapharris7
    Hum... I wonder if Kelley was actually sleeping with Petraeus or Broadwell is just psycho. Dont you have kids & a husband to worry about?

It's difficult for me to figure out at this point where Petraeus actually had any involvement with the third woman, except for being accused via email. Below is an excerpt from another update:

Official: Woman complained of harassing e-mails from Petraeus' biographer - CNN.com

The involvement of the F.B.I., according to government officials, began when Ms. Kelley, alarmed by about half a dozen anonymous e-mails accusing her of inappropriate flirtatious behavior with Mr. Petraeus, complained to an F.B.I. agent who is also a personal friend. That agent, who has not been identified, helped get a preliminary inquiry started. Agents working with federal prosecutors in a local United States attorney’s office began trying to figure out whether the e-mails constituted criminal cyber-stalking.

Because the sender’s account had been registered anonymously, investigators had to use forensic techniques — including a check of what other e-mail accounts had been accessed from the same computer address — to identify who was writing the e-mails.
    Eventually they identified Ms. Broadwell as a prime suspect and obtained access to her regular e-mail account. In its in-box, they discovered intimate and sexually explicit e-mails from another account that also was not immediately identifiable. Investigators eventually ascertained that it belonged to Mr. Petraeus and studied the possibility that someone had hacked into Mr. Petraeus’s account or was posing as him to send the explicit messages.
    Eventually they determined that Mr. Petraeus had indeed sent the messages to Ms. Broadwell and concluded that the two had had an affair. Then they turned their scrutiny on him, examining whether he knew about or was involved in sending the harassing e-mails to Ms. Kelley.

Seems clear to me Ms. Kelley was not having an affair with the General. She is pictured next to his wife & identified as a family friend.
    If she was having an affair & got those emails she would have gone straight to him, not the FBI. She would have outed herself to her husband and would have known his career would be ruined by revealing this to the FBI.. Going to the FBI with this smacks of total innocence and lack of knowledge that a man she admired was actually having an affair. I think she was as blindsided as much as anyone else. She was scared by emails from an unknown .
    Seapharris7 and laynes like this.

Well, maybe Kelley was smart enough to not send any detailed emails to Petraeus, she sounds like she was privy to what could be traced back to her. Here's the thing I never get about those who have an affair... why write an email or questionable texts?!? That shit will come back to you & fuck you every time.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information