Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: CIA chief David Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair

I like to think Mrs. General is kicking his butt from dawn to dark every day.
    Brookie and Sylkyn like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Wow. And now it will make it even harder for people to get or keep their jobs in that career field. Way to go assholes! How come it only take a couple of them to really fuck it up for the rest of us who are actually out here doing right and just trying to live? So sick of this kind of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    "rich Tampa socialite who likes to hang out with 4 star generals"! whoopwhoop, bitch got called OUT!
    IKR??? People crack me UP!!!!

Kelley, described as a socialite in the fairly small Tampa social scene, apparently has a habit of invoking titles for herself that are neither official nor accurate. In the 911 call she described herself as an “honorary consul general,” which even when dispatched abroad in an official capacity is not a government employee.
    Kelley, a civilian, has also described herself as a “social liaison” to the military — a made-up title that means little more than unpaid volunteer, military officials told The Washington Post.
    “There’s no such thing,” an officer confirmed. Her self-imposed “social liaison” moniker was another way of saying “rich Tampa socialite who likes to hang with four-star generals.”
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I would like to cast the pending movie as follows:

Angie Jolie to portray Paula Broadwell.
    And Steve Buscemi to play David Petraeus
    Kathy Bates as Holly Petraeus
    And Gary Sinise for Gen. John Allen
    Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Jill Kelley
    And Gary Busey as Paula Broadwell's husband
    Is the Daily Beast reading GossipRocks?

David Petraeus: The Movie

It’s got sex, soldiers, and state secrets! But who will star in the Hollywood version of the scandal? VIEW GALLERY

Fark cast George Wendt as Holly Petraeus.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

It’s got sex, soldiers, and state secrets! But who will star in the Hollywood version of the scandal? VIEW GALLERY

Daily Beast snaked you! Bastards.

I don't think the FBI was wrong to keep their investigation under wraps for those few months. They were being cautious. And while David Petraeus is a skank for putting his married dick in else-where married biscuits, I don't think this revelation should get in the way of the Libya presentation. Holly can shoot him in the face with rock salt after the Libya talk thingie.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Yeah, I think Kathy Bates is too feminine to play Holly Petraeus. "Norm!!!" is a better fit.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

Businessman: Jill Kelley Asked for $80M, Bragged of Petraeus Connection

A New York businessman who discussed a multi-billion-dollar Korean business deal with Jill Kelley said the Tampa woman at the center of the Petraeus scandal told him Gen. Petraeus had arranged for her to become an honorary consul for South Korea and promote free trade, and then asked him for $80 million to complete the deal.

"Ms. Kelley made it clear to me that General Petraeus put her in this position, and that's why she was able to have access to such senior levels [of the Korean government]," said Adam Victor, president and CEO of TransGas Development Systems, "that they were essentially doing a favor for General Petraeus, and that she had access solely because of her relationship with General Petraeus."

Victor, who met Kelley at the Republican National Convention in Tampa in August, said he was disappointed in Gen. Petraeus for helping Kelley become an honorary consul. "Frankly, I blame Gen. Petraeus for this as a lapse of judgment," he said. "The general should have known better."

Gen. Petraeus resigned as CIA director last Friday after an FBI investigation turned up evidence of an affair between Petraeus and Paula Broadwell, co-author of the Petraeus biography "All In." The investigation began when Kelley, a Tampa socialite, told an FBI agent she knew about "harassing" emails that turned out to originate from Broadwell.

According to Victor, he went to Tampa to promote coal gasification and met a friend of Kelley's who suggested that they meet to discuss a possible international deal. "The person who introduced me to her said that she was well known to be a very close friend of Gen. Petraeus," said Victor.

Victor said that he and Kelley met in "the VIP section" at the convention, where Kelly said that "she was a very good friend of Gen. Petraeus," and that "he arranged for her to get this position of honorary consul for South Korea" to promote free trade. She also allegedly said she had access to senior government officials in Korea.

Victor said he thought it made sense that Petraeus would want to put a trusted aide in charge of promoting free trade. When Kelley named her fee for brokering the deal, however, Victor balked. The coal gasification plants under discussion were worth $4 billion, said Victor -- and Kelley wanted a two percent cut. "That's an $80 million fee," he said. "And I mean that is problematic . . . No broker gets $80 million. I mean that's two whole orders of magnitude higher than what they would get."

Victor said he "terminated the relationship" after Kelley asked for $80 million. He decided that while she was not making an inappropriate request on purpose, it showed she was inexperienced and unqualified for the job. He also began to wonder about Petraeus's judgment.

"It became clear that it did not smell right," he said. "Gen. Petraeus should not have put an inexperienced person in charge of the Free Trade Agreement with such an important ally as South Korea."

"It's a sad day for the country," concluded Victor. "Gen. Petraeus has served this country well."

A spokesperson for Jill Kelley did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Retired Army Col. Steve Boylan, a friend and former spokesperson for ex-CIA Director Petraeus, said it was "nonsense" that Petraeus had any part in Kelley's alleged Korean deal. "He knows nothing about it," insisted Boylan. "What other people do he can't control." Another source told ABC News that Petraeus had asked Kelley to stop throwing his name around.

Businessman: Jill Kelley Asked for $80M, Bragged of Petraeus Connection - Yahoo! News
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

"High Stakes Grifter"

By the way, the Benghazi testimony today sounds like a bloodbath. Dem's and Republicans completely at each other's throats.

Retired Army Col. Steve Boylan, a friend and former spokesperson for ex-CIA Director Petraeus, said it was "nonsense" that Petraeus had any part in Kelley's alleged Korean deal. "He knows nothing about it," insisted Boylan. "What other people do he can't control." Another source told ABC News that Petraeus had asked Kelley to stop throwing his name around.
    I bet that he's minimizing his involvement to a degree and she exaggerated his backing of her to a degree. They're all egomaniacs, which is one reason why this is so interesting.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Excellent casting.

Who's the General gonna love up now?

Did anyone catch the interview with Paula's "former roommate" Jessica Peck? I wish I could find video of it. She had some crazy eyes and I think she only made Paula's situation worse. It was hilarious and I kept wondering what Paula was paying or bribing her with.

I can't find a good picture of crazy eyes though, dammit.

Close Friend Defends Paula Broadwell

Airdate: 11/16/2012 Paula Broadwell's ex-roommate is speaking out exclusively to INSIDE EDITION and coming to the defense of the woman at the center of the David Petraeus scandal.

INSIDE EDITION's Paul Boyd asked Jessica Peck, "You know Paula Broadwell pretty well. You put yourself out there defending her. Why?"
    Peck said, "Any portrayal of Paula Broadwell as being a conniving, jealous, or insecure woman is so far from the truth."

Peck first met Broadwell when they were roommates at a conference in Germany in 2009. They were assigned to the same hotel room for two weeks.

"When I first met Paula, when she walked into the room, I did a double take. I thought, 'Is that Angelina Jolie?' She is that strikingly beautiful," said Peck.

Peck told INSIDE EDITION’s Paul Boyd that the Paula Broadwell she knows is a caring wife and mother of two young sons, not the jealous mistress who allegedly sent anonymous e-mails to Tampa socialite Jill Kelley.

"Paula is an amazing mother, she is an amazing wife, in spite of this transgression. She is an amazing patriot. She does more in one day than many people do in an entire lifetime," said Peck.

Meanwhile, INSIDE EDITION is learning that Broadwell was once offered a job with the FBI.

The Daily Beast said she "Applied to the FBI six years ago, passed a polygraph test, and was offered an appointment,” and FBI recruiters were "Salivating over her."
    Some are wondering if Broadwell padded her resume, including her fitness credentials. She has said she was ranked No. 1 in fitness at West Point, but, a spokesman at the military academy now says the fitness award went to another female cadet in her class.

The new issue of Time magazine says that Broadwell claimed "Republican money men" approached her last summer about running for the U.S. Senate from North Carolina but Petraeus "rejected the idea out of hand."

Jessica Peck said she was shocked to learn that her friend and the general were lovers.
    Boyd asked Peck, "What was your first reaction when you first heard about this story? When you heard of the affair?"
    Peck said, "When I first saw CNN, it said 'Petraeus resigns over affair with biographer,' I thought, 'Oh please God, don't let it be Paula.' But, in retrospect, if there is any woman that can handle this, it is Paula."

Close Friend Defends Paula Broadwell - News from InsideEdition.com
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Sorry OS, I can't find a good pic of this Peck either. But I did find further confirmation that Pat Robertson is a piece of shit:

Pat Robertson Blames Paula Broadwell For Petraeus Affair
    Amelia McDonell-Parry November 14, 2012

This guy. This fuckin’ guy. Right-wing televangelist Pat Robertson has made it clear that he does not blame David Petraeus for the extramarital affair that led him to resign from his postion as director of the CIA. No, Robertson says his mistress/biographer Paula Broadwell is the one at fault, implying that she initiated the affair (though there has been no evidence to support that) and that Petraeus was unable to resist her advances. Speaking on his show “The 700 Club,” his show, Robertson excused Petraeus’ conduct as understandable because “the man’s off in a foreign land and he’s lonely and here’s a good-looking lady throwing herself at him. He’s a man.” Putting aside the fact that Robertson is just making stuff up (we don’t know who threw themselves as whom), the idea that any man, particularly a four-star general, is too weak to resist the charms of a woman and is therefore not to blame for succumbing to those temptations is utterly ridiculous. For the record, I don’t care that Petraeus had an affair (although if there was a breach in national security, that’s a whole other issue) and I certainly don’t think it’s worth our time debating who is to “blame” for two adults having consensual sex. Both of them, end of story. Moving on now. [Think Progress]
    source: Pat Robertson Blames Paula Broadwell For Petraeus Affair

LOL

source

sun-sentinel.com
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

fgg

Paula Broadwell 'Devastated' by Her Role in Petraeus Affair

When Paula Broadwell and her husband Scott returned to their North Carolina home with their two sons on Sunday from Washington, D.C., 25 friends and neighbors gathered to offer their support.

But for the married Broadwell, 40, who was both biographer and mistress to former Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus, 60, the revelation of the affair and subsequent attention has made her emotional.

"She's been devastated by this," Paula Broadwell's brother, Stephen Kranz, tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview. "She is filled with guilt and shame for what she's done and she's incredibly sorry for the pain she's caused her husband, her family, Petraseus's family. She accepts responsibility for her actions and knows she made a mistake."

"Now [she] is really focused on repairing and protecting her family and trying to really focus on her husband and her children and protect the kids from this," Kranz adds.

And a source close to the family tells PEOPLE now that they're home, "They just want to focus on their family and get their lives back to as normal as possible, particularly for the kids."

The Broadwell family is also grateful for their friends, the source adds. "They're overwhelmed by the outpouring of support," says the source, who adds, "They're doing well right now."

Broadwell's fate may be left in the hands of federal prosecutors who could charge the U.S. Military Reserve intelligence officer with mishandling classified information by allegedly taking secret files from government buildings, noting that she had a security clearance to review them. They could also allow her to be disciplined by the military. She has hired Dee Dee Myers, President Clinton's former press secretary, to serve as her spokesperson going forward.

Meanwhile, Petraeus has hired Robert Barnett, a Washington, D.C., lawyer whose clients have included President Barack Obama and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, for "advice on post-governmental issues."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information