Login to remove the ads!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Chimp attack victim's family sues chimp owner for $50 million

I was telling someone who hadn't seen the show what she looked like.I all could think of was she kind of looks like a ninja turtle.I The nose does anyway. I hope she gets a face transplant.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    And to suggest to put any living creature into a wood chipper is just vile and disgusting.
    It would be getting off easy compared to what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Wow, maybe he should have pleaded temporary insanity and would now be sitting in an insane asylum along with the woman who drowned all her kids, instead of being shot dead.

And to suggest to put any living creature into a wood chipper is just vile and disgusting. The problem is idiots who are allowed to keep wild animals as pets, not the animals themselves who finally freak out because they are kept in an unnatural environment.
    Had Andrea Yates gone after the cops in an attempt to kill them, she would have been shot dead just like the chimp.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    OPRAH- Help her out!!!
    If only she had looked under her chair for the keys to a NEW CAR!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Oprah has forgotten how to interview real people.
    Yeah, she's horrible. Condescending when interviewing kids, fawning with celebs and comes across as bored when interviewing anybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    This poor woman has hope that she will be reconstructed. I dont know how much they could do.
    The best hope is a mask from this guy: Custom Prosthetic Designs, Inc.: Eye/Ocular Prosthesis just so people don't react with horror and she can go out in public.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

"I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Um wow.. Chimps are nowhere near as evil as humans, but we'll have to agree to disagree. The chimp doesn't deserve to die, it's not it's fault some stupid people kept it as a pet. It needs to be out in the wild where it belongs.
    I agree that the chimp doesn't deserve to die, but it was for the best that it was put down. A chimp like that, living domestically for so long, probably wouldn't be able to live on a wildlife reserve with other chimps. He wouldn't know how to get along.

I completely agree that humans have the capacity for evil much more than any chimp. Besides, can you really say that any animal is evil? They don't attack with malicious intent. It's always a result of circumstance and environment. The chimp was possibly drugged with a medication intended for humans. Who knows what reaction that had on him? Not to mention how fucked up he must have been from his years of captivity. While humans, on the other hand, will intentionally commit atrocities, for any number of reasons.

Sorry but I think it's silly to even compare the two. One is acting on instinct while the other is a reasoning being. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    While humans, on the other hand, will intentionally commit atrocities, for any number of reasons.

Sorry but I think it's silly to even compare the two. One is acting on instinct while the other is a reasoning being. JMO.
    I never said I wasn't a silly person.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I never said I wasn't a silly person.
    Well I am too or try to be.

I had to defend animals over humans cuz usually they're much nicer to be around. I'd take a chimp over my nextdoor neighbor any day!

I do agree that the chimp should have been put down. Its too late to introduce it to a more 'normal' life and its now a known danger to humans. That said, I stll vehemently disagree it was the chimp's fault.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't think anyone really thinks it's the fault of the chimp.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Chimpanzees are not my favorite animal:

Monkeys In The News

Monkeys and Primates in the news, brought to you by MonkeyDay.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Killer chimp possibly identified, chimphunt intensifies

The first chimpanzee to join Sierra Leone's reserve for the animals is believed to have turned killer and is still at large, rangers warned.

The 20-year-old animal, named Bruno, has been linked to the death of Sierra Leonean driver Issa Kanu, zoo officials said Tuesday.

Two US tourists were seriously injured during an attack by a pack of chimpanzees on the loose at the Tagucama Chimp Sanctuary on the outskirts of Freetown.

Sierra Leonean police and rangers continued Tuesday the hunt for Bruno and 17 other chimpanzees after only nine of the 27 that escaped from the reserve had been recovered.

According to zoo officials, citing survivors' accounts of the attack, Bruno smashed with his fist the windscreen of the car which took the men to Tacugama.

Kanu tried to drive the car away but crashed into the zoo gate and the vehicle was trapped by the iron bars.

"Bruno grabbed the driver by the neck, slammed him on the ground and chopped off all his fingers and toes," one official who asked not to be identified said.

"He then ate up the entire face of Issa leaving him dead,"

Sanctuary manager Bala Amarasekaran said, he bought Bruno when he was a few months old for 30 dollars and named him after Frank Bruno, the British heavyweight boxer who fought Mike Tyson the day of the transaction.

According to the Tacugama official website, for a year Bruno lived in the Amarasekaran house but "got up to lots of mischief".

Described as the "alpha male", Bruno "is a large, powerful chimp."

"He is wary of visitors and is painfully accurate at hurling rocks and stones at anyone he doesn't like the look of."

He was only moved into a cage when a second chimpanzee was acquired.

"One of the most wanted chimps is still at large, we are hoping that he could be caught quickly," a zoo keeper told AFP Tuesday.

Sama Banya, president of the Sierra Leone Conservation Society which runs Tacugama, said the weekend attack was the first of its kind in the 10-year history of the sanctuary.

He said the primates "are not wild but their behaviour was highly unusual" at the time.

The names of the injured Americans have not been officially released but media named the three people in the group besides Issa as Alan Robertson, Gary Brown and Richie Goodie.

They were all American sub-contractors working at the site of the new US embassy under construction at Leicester Peak Junction some three kilometres (about two miles) from the zoo.

A nurse at the hospital told AFP: "The men are recovering gradually from shock and their wounds are no longer life-threatening.

>A big part of the story is the courage and friendship Gary Brown showed by staying behind with another maimed friend, fighting the alpha chimp with a branch and getting him to safety. Also the dead taxi driver was disemboweled.

Man who lost face in '05 mauling knows hell of new chimpanzee victim

BY Nancy Dillon
    DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF
    Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 3:30 AM

Delgado for News
    St. James Davis as he looks now.

Davis Family/Getty
    Davis with his bride and the chimp they raised in the late 1960s.

Related News

WEST COVINA, Calif. - Probably no one better understands the profound and peculiar agony that chimp mauling victim Charla Nash is suffering than St. James Davis.
    Davis survived a horrific chimpanzee attack at a California wildlife rescue center in March 2005 - but not before his nose and mouth were ripped off, an eye was gouged out, his left foot was mangled and most of his fingers and buttocks were devoured.
    He was in a medically induced coma for months. He's undergone more than 60 surgeries since.
    "I remember every bite, one at a time. I remember when I went to touch my face, my fingers looked really scary," Davis, 66, told the Daily News.
    He nearly bled to death three times as two hospitals denied him entry before a trauma center agreed to take him, he said.
    "I remember hearing someone say, 'Might as well just take him to the coroner's office,'" he said.
    "I cried myself to sleep every night for a long time."
    Almost four years later, Davis said the news of Nash's attack last week hit him hard.
    The Connecticut woman was visiting friend Sandra Herold in Stamford on Monday when Herold's pet chimp, Travis, suddenly went wild. Nash was badly mauled before cops shot and killed Travis. Nash has been transferred to an Ohio hospital for extensive reconstruction.
    "It's so much like my story," Davis said.
    "I hoped it would never happen again," he said, sitting on an electric wheelchair with a prosthetic nose hanging lopsided over two thin red cavities where his own nose used to be. "She probably can't talk. I couldn't even grunt. But she needs to hear voices she knows."
    Unlike Nash, Davis had extensive experience with chimpanzees. He and his wife, LaDonna Davis, raised a baby chimp like a human in their suburban home for three decades. They taught their "boy" Moe to dress in plaid dinner jackets, eat with a fork and knife, drive a car, use the toilet and write his own name.
    Moe, reportedly rescued from poachers in Africa in 1967, even stood as the best man at their wedding.
    The locally famous chimp allegedly bit a woman who stuck her finger in his cage in 1999 and had to be removed to an animal sanctuary. Moe was living in the sanctuary on the day of Davis' attack. It was not Moe who turned on Davis, but rather two other chimpanzees that had escaped their enclosure.
    Though he still has nightmares and says he'll never own another pet, Davis didn't sue the sanctuary and doesn't support new restrictions on people who wish to keep potentially dangerous wild animals in their homes.
    "Obviously, in most situations, chimps should not be living in homes. But there are exceptional circumstances," said powerhouse civil-rights attorney Gloria Allred, who acts as Davis' advocate. "Certain dogs attack. We don't say no dogs should live in homes when one is violent."
    Once a hulking high school football player and NASCAR driver, Davis has more surgeries on the horizon.
    He needs further reconstruction on his upper lip and a special pair of dentures to help him eat without LaDonna's help.
    He said his New Year's resolution was to stop crying and get out of the house every week.
    He promotes a book he helped write about Moe and attended a NASCAR event Friday.
    "She'll wonder the same things I did: 'Why me?' She'll want to take that day back. But you can't. You have to go on and be the best patient for your doctors," he said. "You have to give thanks you're still alive."
    For a copy of Davis' $20 book, "Moe," contact him at 616 N. Vincent Ave., West Covina, CA 91790

>Not mentioned in this article was that they also ripped off his pants and his genitals.

Wild chimps in rural Africa also grab children from villages and eat them.

They have been known to grab a baby off a woman's back.

Even Jane Goodall said some of the things they did were awful. She witnessed a mom and daughter steal the same chimp's baby every year and eat it. In fact, a chimp she knew since birth, Frodo started to beat her and she was unable to watch him alone. When she had her own child, she had to build a caged area for him where he could play. She said they were capable of tender emotions, love, empathy, tools, sharing, humor and also horrible behavior including rape, murder, bullying, maiming and even waging war.

I think they are so intelligent, they also can have mental illness.
    Last edited by sharky; November 16th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.

"Obviously, in most situations, chimps should not be living in homes. But there are exceptional circumstances," said powerhouse civil-rights attorney Gloria Allred, who acts as Davis' advocate. "Certain dogs attack. We don't say no dogs should live in homes when one is violent."

What "exceptional circumstances"? Why should a wild animal ever be living in someone's house?

They're wild creatures that belong in the wild. As for chimps grabbing children and eating them, there are a lot of wild animals that will attack, kill and eat a human. Tigers, bears, sharks, coyotes etc. Doesn't make them evil.

I sort of think that a case can be made that a chimpanzee can be deemed to be acting with actual malice, rather than an a lower-order animal like a tiger. A chimpanzee is deliberately emasculating and inflicting pain and mutilation on people. Literally making it so the person can't see, handle objects, eat, reproduce. It's dominance to the level of sadism. Considering the other feelings and emotions that behavioralists acribe to chimpanzees, it seems safe to say that they are aware of the hideous damage they are doing while they are doing it. He's not out for a dinner (like a mountain lion). They are literally incapacitating the other person as a show of who is boss.

Every one of those marauding chimpanzees in Sierra Leone should be hunted down and killed. They are dangerous in the wild and probably dangerous even in a refuge.

It's dominance to the level of sadism.
    Seriously? A chimp will attack a human in that way, going for the eyes, hands, genitals, because that's how he would attack another chimp. But to think it's a sadistic attack or pre-meditated is giving chimps more reasoning ability than I think they're capable of. Sure they're more intelligent than most animals but to say that they are capable of malice aforethought is stretching it, imo. But by all means, continue to blame the chimp. I'm sure he had been planning to attack that woman for years. She looked at him the wrong way and he was going to have his revenge!

The human who kept the chimp in captivity is the one to be vilified, not the poor animal.

Wild animals aren't evil or sadistic - they're doing what they know to survive. They're following their instincts - it's all they have to rely on. They don't possess the logical thinking to fight to survive in certain situations but not others - shame on us for believing that we're something special and trying to have THEM bend to our will.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    They are literally incapacitating the other person as a show of who is boss.
    No mystery there. They are a social species with hierarchies (unlike many social species without hierarchies.) When they attain adulthood, they challenge any weaker chimp for dominance.

Of course a chimp wants to be "The Boss". That's what they do. They challenge and bully each other constantly (really nasty species.)

This behavior is not malicious or consciously evil. It's just being a chimp.

You can't blame them anymore than blame a cat for torturing its prey before killing it.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information